Kontakt

Hilfe
Heutige Beiträge
Kalender
Registrieren
Home

Willkommen im Elvis-Forum.

Du besuchst unser Forum derzeit als Gast, wodurch Du nur eingeschränkten Zugriff auf die meisten Diskussionen, Artikel und unsere anderen FREIEN Features hast. Wenn Du Dich in unserem Forum kostenlos anmeldest, kannst Du eigene Themen erstellen, kannst Dich privat mit anderen Benutzern unterhalten (PN), an Umfragen teilnehmen, eigene Fotos hochladen und viele weitere spezielle Features nutzen.

Die Registrierung ist schnell, einfach und absolut kostenlos! Werde also noch heute Mitglied in unserem Forum!

Wenn Du Probleme bei der Registrierung oder Deinen Zugangsdaten hast, kontaktiere bitte unseren Support.

Navigation
Zurück   Elvis-Forum > Elvis-Forum > Elvis Presley
Elvis Presley Elvis Presley - Nachrichten | Aktuelles | Wissenswertes | Bemerkenswertes
Alles über den King of Rock 'n' Roll

Antwort

Themen-Optionen

Alt 25.01.2010, 11:07
Benutzerbild von Elvis for Everyone
Elvis for Everyone Elvis for Everyone ist offline
Gehört zum Inventar

Themenstarter

Elvis for Everyone Renommee-Level 26%Elvis for Everyone Renommee-Level 26%Elvis for Everyone Renommee-Level 26%Elvis for Everyone Renommee-Level 26%Elvis for Everyone Renommee-Level 26%Elvis for Everyone Renommee-Level 26%Elvis for Everyone Renommee-Level 26%
Elvis for Everyone eine Nachricht über ICQ schicken
YouTube- Elvis love me march 31st 1972

Brian Quinn / www.epgold.com
Alt Alt 25.01.2010, 11:07
Advertising
Werbung

Diese Werbung wird registrierten
Mitgliedern so nicht angezeigt.
Werde noch heute
im Elvis-Forum
Standard Sponsored Links

Alt 25.01.2010, 15:00
Gehört zum Inventar

Themenstarter

Elvis for Everyone Renommee-Level 26%Elvis for Everyone Renommee-Level 26%Elvis for Everyone Renommee-Level 26%Elvis for Everyone Renommee-Level 26%Elvis for Everyone Renommee-Level 26%Elvis for Everyone Renommee-Level 26%Elvis for Everyone Renommee-Level 26%
Exclusive Review For EpGold, Simon de Wit

This highly-anticipated DVD-R is finally out. It remains baffling that nowadays we get to see such rare material on obscure DVD releases. Almost 12 minutes of NEVER before seen Elvis On Tour rehearsals…who would have believed say 20 years ago we’d still be treated like this in 2010!

Some years ago already we received a lot of the On Tour outtakes, live stuff, backstage and rehearsals from both filmed sessions. On this DVD we get to see another 11 minutes appr. of new rehearsal footage.

First let’s see what’s on the DVD exactly. Like I said, it’s a DVD-R and it’s a simple menu, but who cares.

Madison Square Garden June 9, 1972 opening show.

Elvis dressed in the Adonis Suit. With matching sound this time around, huh? Where did this audio come from, my best guess it’s the original sound they got with filming, it’s not perfect, but Elvis’ voice is right up front. It’s the footage that was also on Hot Shots and Cool Clips but there’s more this time around and with sound of course. It opens with Jackie Kahane doing his routine and he gets boe’d as we all knew, he gathers all microphones and asks if the audience can hear him better now, a funny guy! Then there’s the Sweet Inspirations with their own band, nice to see this for once, you get a real sense of watching an Elvis concert with this footage I found. Then it’s Elvis! You see most part of That’s Alright Mama, Proud Mary and Polk Salad Annie. My, how I wish we had a visual record like this for ALL shows Elvis ever gave.

On Tour Rehearsals, March 31, 1972

Okay, this is the main event of this DVD. We get to see Elvis rehearse Love Me, All Shook Up, Teddy Bear/Don’t Be Cruel, Heartbreak Hotel and Hound Dog. Let me start off with saying that he is not as fanatical as in TTWII rehearsals, he’s somewhat subdued, but what a fascinating look into the man’s world this is.

He starts off Love Me while sitting on a stool, but gets up soon, showing off his Gold Belt he received from the International Hotel n 1969 for setting an Attendance Record. The picture quality is really outstanding, as is the audio! I really was surprised with both I must say.

Personally I like Heartbreak Hotel best. He sings this really, really well and puts in some effort to do a good version. The close-ups in this footage are out of this world I must say, holy moses, you can almost count his pores. Wonderful stuff indeed. Hound Dog is done with the slow bluesy start and then Elvis accelerates into high gear. We’ve not even seen this song performed on stage from 1972, just like Heartbreak Hotel, but now we finally get to see it. Glory Hallelujah.

Houston, Texas, pressconference, February 25, 1970

This is the same footage that was on Hot Shots and Cool Clips, but without the logo on the bottom of the screen, in fact this was also issued on the DVD Elvis Thru The Years some years ago. Very good quality, but nothing new for the hardcore collector.

Elvis On Tour trailer

Nothing new and not to good a quality I might add.

Commercials

The final chapter features some commercials for the ’68 Comeback Special on VHS, a belt buckle , photo necklace, Greatest Hits Album and finally some footage of Elvis’ arrival in Hawaii April 7, 1962, for the making of Girls Girls Girls. Tom Moffatt interviews Elvis and although part of this was seen in This Is Elvis, Elvis Thru The Years and some other documentaries, there was some new footage I’d never seen anywhere before.

Conclusion: if you’re a serious collector, you have to find a copy of this DVD, you won’t be disappointed for sure. It begs to wonder what else might be coming out soon. Rumours of Elvis’ show in Richmond ’72 coming to DVD are floating around, there’s even talk of Elvis’ opening show in August 1972 emerging real soon. We know this show was filmed by Pierre Adidge and Bob Abel, only question is, was it raided from the vaults already?

Anyway, 2010 started off with a bang, we live in hope!

Simon de Wit

2010/01/25 Simon de Wit for EpGold / www.epgold.com
Die folgenden Nutzer bedankten sich bei Elvis for Everyone für diesen Beitrag:
Alt 17.03.2010, 19:49
PatrickVaals PatrickVaals ist offline
Gehört zum Inventar

PatrickVaals Renommee-Level 2%PatrickVaals Renommee-Level 2%
Ist dies dasselbe aber dan factory dvd?

Elvis - Live On Tour New Version

Available Soon - ELVIS LIVE ON TOUR - A New DVD (Not DVD-R). This will feature footage of Madison Square Garden, the March '72 " Rock'n'Roll Medley " rehearsal, the complete Jaycees documentary, the most complete Madison Square Garden Press Conference, the complete Houston Press Conference, superb, never-before-seen-quality video of the hit single "Always On My Mind," plus a few extras!

source : e-mail - February 3, 2010
Alt 17.03.2010, 19:55
Benutzerbild von burroughs
burroughs burroughs ist offline
Board-Legende

burroughs Renommee-Level 100%burroughs Renommee-Level 100%burroughs Renommee-Level 100%burroughs Renommee-Level 100%burroughs Renommee-Level 100%burroughs Renommee-Level 100%burroughs Renommee-Level 100%burroughs Renommee-Level 100%burroughs Renommee-Level 100%burroughs Renommee-Level 100%burroughs Renommee-Level 100%
jep, selber inhalt
Alt 17.03.2010, 20:09
Gehört zum Inventar

Dan mussen wir uns dieser mahl raus hohlen irgendwo. Thnx!
Alt 17.03.2010, 20:16
gast-20111607
Gast

Die DVD nutzt gerade mal 1,6 GB des vorhandenen Platzes aus... qualitativ sehr bescheiden, restauriert wurde da mal gewiss nichts.
Das Houston Interview sieht noch am besten aus. Natürlich geht es qualitativ noch einige Klassen tiefer, ist halt als Schnippelcompilation ganz ok, mehr als 1x schaut man es dann aber eher nicht an.
Alt 16.04.2010, 12:24
Gehört zum Inventar

Themenstarter

Captain Video will re-release the Messiah Productions DVD simply titled ‘Elvis Live Live Live’ in May 2010. The original DVD was released on a DVD-R back in January but this time, it will be a factory pressed commercial DVD and will contain even more unreleased footage than before. The extra bonus footage highlights will include for the first time ever, the complete ‘Always on my mind’ rehearsal from ‘Elvis on Tour’. This was only ever seen before in part, on the movie ‘This Is Elvis’.

The factory pressed DVD will also include the “Rock n’ Roll Medley” rehearsal from Hollywood in 1972 in exceptional quality plus much more. Other highlights include all of the ‘Charro’ nude scenes, Elvis live at ‘Madison Square Garden in 1972 with the Press Conference, the complete documentary on the 1971 Jaycees Awards and, the complete 1970 Houston Press Conference.

The factory pressed DVD has only a Limited Edition run of only 1000 copies and is available during the month of May through your favorite Elvis dealer. Clips will be made available soon.

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/
Die folgenden Nutzer bedankten sich bei Elvis for Everyone für diesen Beitrag:
Alt 16.04.2010, 12:49
Gehört zum Inventar

Dan warten wir eben auf diese vo
Alt 29.04.2010, 21:05
Gehört zum Inventar

Themenstarter

ELVIS LIVE LIVE LIVE TRAILER
Alt 04.05.2010, 20:58
Gehört zum Inventar

Ich habe dieser dvd als promo bekommen bei ein elvis concert. Aber noch nicht reingeschaut. Weis auch nicht ob das die neue version ist, oder alte. Sonst habe ich mich was geld gespart
Antwort

Stichworte
live