Bob Gray Died

Einklappen
X
 
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge
  • Aleksandra
    Posting-Legende

    • 25.05.2005
    • 8166

    #1

    Bob Gray Died

    Bob Gray, a major leader of southern Fundamentalism, died Sunday of an unspecified cause. A picture of Bob Gray preaching against the sensuality of Elvis Presley's music appears in a 1956 edition of Life magazine. Elvis marked a “new low in spiritual degeneracy” according to Gray. Gray died one week before he was to stand trial for molesting several girls while he was a pastor.

    This is what Elvis said about him:

    When Elvis rolled into Jacksonville, Florida, on August 10, 1956, Judge Marion Gooding had prepared an arrest warrant for Presley charging him with impairing the morals of minors in the event that Elvis swiveled his hips.

    Young people at the Murray Hill Methodist Church heard Elvis denounced in a sermon entitled, "Hotrods, Reefers, and Rock and Roll." Elsewhere in town, the Rev. Robert Gray, pastor of Trinity Baptist Church, offered up prayers for Presley's salvation after declaring that the singer had "achieved a new low in spiritual degeneracy."

    Elvis later confessed frustration at the Baptist preacher's actions. "I think that hurt me more than anything else at first. This man was supposed to be a religious leader, yet he acted that way without ever knowing who I was or what I was like," said Presley. "I believe in the Bible. I believe that all good things come from God.…I don't believe I'd sing the way I do if God hadn't wanted me to. My voice is God's will, not mine."

    Source: Various / Updated: Nov 13, 2007
    Das neue Buch von Praytome Publishing:

    "My Years With Elvis And The Colonel" by Charles Stone
  • MARIE
    Gehört zum Inventar

    • 11.01.2005
    • 4961

    #2
    Gray preaching against the sensuality of Elvis Presley's music appears in a 1956 edition of Life magazine. Elvis marked a “new low in spiritual degeneracy” according to Gray

    Und Er

    Gray died one week before he was to stand trial for molesting several girls while he was a pastor.

    Kommentar

    • Sivle
      Gehört zum Inventar

      • 27.07.2003
      • 2589

      #3
      Zitat von MARIE

      Und Er

      Gray died one week before he was to stand trial for molesting several girls while he was a pastor.
      Das ist wieder mal das typische Verhalten selbsternannter Moralapostel. Einfach zum Kotzen.

      Kommentar

      Lädt...