songtexte über elvis

Einklappen
X
 
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge
  • Gilla
    Board-Legende

    • 05.02.2007
    • 14776

    #31
    Zitat von michael grasberger
    seltsamer song, das. um wen gehts hier eigentlich? um elvis? um gram?...
    von wann ist denn das lied, gilla?
    Du hattest mich auch etwas verunsichert, Michael, ob es um Elvis oder Gram Parsons geht.
    Ich habe mir ein paar Infos über ihn geholt: Was für ein schicksalhaftes Leben und mysteriöse Ereignisse um seinen frühen Tod und auch danach...

    Vielleicht verwischen sich die Personen in dem Song ab und zu.
    *The genius of Elvis Presley was in his music, but the magic was in his voice*

    Kommentar

    • Gilla
      Board-Legende

      • 05.02.2007
      • 14776

      #32
      The Who - Real Good Looking Boy

      [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9GAlMvKRXI&feature=related"]YouTube - The Who - Real Good Looking Boy[/ame]
      When I think back to the
      first time in my childhood
      When I saw that face
      I thought right then,
      'That's a real good looking boy'

      I saw myself in the mirror
      in profile
      for the first time
      I thought,
      'Hey! That's a real good looking boy'

      And I felt then
      that I moved
      With all those lucky fucks and angels
      High in the theatre
      In the sky

      So I ran to my mother
      I said,
      'Mom - take a look at me
      Have you ever seen a teen
      Fly so high?'

      That's a real good looking boy
      That's a real good looking boy

      She said,
      'Son, well, you know,
      you're an ugly boy.
      You don't really look like him

      In this long line
      There's been some
      real strange genes
      You've got 'em all
      You've got 'em all
      With some extras thrown in'

      That's a real good looking boy
      That's a real good looking boy
      That's a real good looking boy
      That's a real good looking boy

      Wise men say
      Only fools, only fools rush in
      But I - I can't help
      Falling in love, in love with you

      Now I'm here with you little darling
      And you say, 'You're beautiful as you are'
      And I've managed somehow to survive

      You arrived in my life like a fragrance and
      you help me find a way to laugh
      Now I Know how so-called beauty lies

      God gave him a face
      Then he gave me something above
      God gave me a grace
      Man, he gave me your sweet, sweet, sweet love

      You make me feel like I'm a real good looking boy
      I feel I'm a real good looking boy
      That's a real good looking boy
      That's a real good looking boy


      2004 · Real Good Looking Boy / Old Red Wine
      Zuletzt geändert von Gilla; 05.05.2008, 18:16
      *The genius of Elvis Presley was in his music, but the magic was in his voice*

      Kommentar

      • gast-20110818

        #33
        Hier fehlt ja noch der Klassiker.


        MY BOY ELVIS
        (Fitting - Rockingham)
        JANIS MARTIN (RCA 47-6652, 1956)

        Everybody come on down, the man with the guitar just hit town
        Sets off like a rocket, there he goes
        Rockin' from his head down to his toes
        My boy Elvis, real rock - My boy Elvis, real rock
        Wish bam-a-ling, ooh Elvis sing to me
        Heartbreak hotel, blue suede shoes
        He walks away with all my blues
        Take my troubles, take my pain
        Load 'em on that Mystery train
        My boy Elvis, real rock - My boy Elvis, real rock
        Wish bam-a-ling, ooh Elvis sing to me

        Can't wait for Freddy or for Joe
        Got my blue jeans on and away I go
        Feel like the queen of everything
        Tonight I'll be close to my jukebox king
        My boy Elvis, real rock - My boy Elvis, real rock
        Wish bam-a-ling, ooh Elvis sing to me
        All the teeners stop and shout
        When they open the curtain and he walks out
        There's no other one he's dreaming of
        'Cause I got his photograph signed with love
        My boy Elvis, real rock - My boy Elvis, real rock
        Wish bam-a-ling, ooh Elvis sing to me
        Jump, wiggle and shake, go-go-go
        Jump, wiggle and shake, go-go-go
        Jump, wiggle and shake, go-go-go
        Jump, wiggle and shake, go-go-go
        Wish bam-a-ling, ooh Elvis sing to me

        Kommentar

        • Gilla
          Board-Legende

          • 05.02.2007
          • 14776

          #34
          Zitat von Blues Boy
          Hier fehlt ja noch der Klassiker.


          MY BOY ELVIS
          (Fitting - Rockingham)
          JANIS MARTIN (RCA 47-6652, 1956)
          Hier die Musik dazu:
          *The genius of Elvis Presley was in his music, but the magic was in his voice*

          Kommentar

          • Gilla
            Board-Legende

            • 05.02.2007
            • 14776

            #35
            editiert
            Zuletzt geändert von Gilla; 27.05.2008, 08:36
            *The genius of Elvis Presley was in his music, but the magic was in his voice*

            Kommentar

            • monipenny
              Posting-Legende

              • 21.08.2007
              • 5184

              #36
              siehe auch beitrag 20


              lg

              monika
              "Wenn zwei Knaben jeder einen Apfel haben und sie diese Äpfel tauschen, hat am Ende auch nur jeder einen. Wenn aber zwei Menschen je einen Gedanken haben und diese tauschen, hat am Ende jeder zwei Gedanken." (Platon)

              Kommentar

              • Gilla
                Board-Legende

                • 05.02.2007
                • 14776

                #37
                Zitat von monipenny
                siehe auch beitrag 20


                lg

                monika
                Thanks a lot.
                *The genius of Elvis Presley was in his music, but the magic was in his voice*

                Kommentar

                • Vany
                  Gehört zum Inventar

                  • 30.09.2007
                  • 1756

                  #38
                  [ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=iLFNmiKvCW0"]YouTube - Elvis Presley Tribute Cry Like Memphis[/ame]

                  Cry like Memphis



                  Home of the blues is where I live
                  Trapped inside these lonely walls that don't forget
                  Surrounded by memories
                  Yes, goodbye haunts me like a Beale Street melody
                  I've done everything but get down on my knees
                  But if my tears will set this ghost inside me free

                  I'm gonna cry like Memphis
                  I'm going three times under
                  Gonna drown my sorrows
                  In tears that roll like thunder
                  Til I can find the strength
                  Til I can carry on
                  I'm gonna cry like Memphis
                  When they heard The King was gone

                  Love Me Tender cuts through the dark
                  Coming from an open window of a passing car
                  And in that moment ohhh I believe
                  I can almost feel your body next to me
                  But one heart beat slowly brings me back around
                  I know you're gone and I know I'm breaking down .....
                  And when I break down

                  Til I can find the strength
                  Til I can carry on
                  I'm gonna cry like Memphis
                  When they heard The King was gone
                  http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/8255/lisatimeline2vv2.jpg

                  "There's a certain strong feeling that I have for him that is only for my dad- not Elvis Presley." - Lisa Marie

                  Kommentar

                  • michael grasberger
                    Posting-Legende

                    • 16.02.2006
                    • 9974

                    #39
                    grad entdeckt: auch der große TINY TIM hat elvis einen song gewidmet. der titel ist natürlich eine anspielung auf tims größten (und einzigen:traurig:) hit "tiptoe through the tulips"
                    viel vergügen!

                    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1-j44PHL3s"]YouTube - Tiny Tim - I Saw Mr Presley Tiptoeing Thru The Tulips[/ame]

                    "We know that rock'n'roll was not a human invention, that it was the work of the Holy Ghost."
                    (Nick Tosches)

                    Kommentar

                    • cos
                      Board-Legende

                      • 11.01.2004
                      • 26466

                      #40
                      Nette Version.... Elvis hatte tiptoe doch auch mal angesungen, wenn ich mich recht erinnere, oder?

                      Kommentar

                      • Salvar

                        #41
                        Oh, grad gesehen, da war schon wer mit Gillian Welch

                        dann so:
                        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_songs_about_or_referencing_Elvis_Presley
                        Zuletzt geändert von Gast; 23.05.2009, 15:44

                        Kommentar

                        • King77
                          Board-Legende

                          • 04.08.2007
                          • 14925

                          #42
                          Zitat von cos
                          Nette Version.... Elvis hatte tiptoe doch auch mal angesungen, wenn ich mich recht erinnere, oder?
                          Ja,27.6.68 20 Uhr Show.

                          Kommentar

                          • jenny_861
                            Foren-Profi

                            • 26.08.2007
                            • 472

                            #43
                            "Advertising Space"

                            There's no earthly way of knowing
                            What was in your heart
                            When it stopped going
                            The whole world shook
                            A storm was blowing through you

                            Waiting for God to stop this
                            And up to your neck in darkness
                            Everyone around you was corrupted
                            Saying somethin'

                            There's no dignity in death
                            To sell the world your last breath
                            They're still fighting over
                            Everything you left over

                            I saw you standing at the gates
                            When Marlon Brando passed away
                            You had that look upon your face
                            Advertising space

                            And
                            No one learned from your mistakes
                            We let our profit s go to waste
                            All that's left in any case
                            Is Advertising space

                            Through your eyes
                            The world was burning
                            Please be gentle
                            I'm still learning
                            You seemed to say
                            As you kept turning up

                            They poisoned you with compromise
                            At what point did you realise
                            Everybody loves your life
                            But you ahahh

                            Special agent for the man
                            Through watergate and vietnam
                            No one really gave a damn
                            Did you think the CIA did

                            I saw you standing at the gates
                            When Marlon Brando passed away
                            You had that look upon your face
                            Advertising space

                            And
                            No one learned from your mistake
                            We let our profits go to waste
                            All that's left in any case
                            Is Advertising space ooooohh

                            I saw you standing at the gates
                            When Marlon Brando passed away
                            You had that look upon your face
                            Advertising space

                            No one learned from your mistakes
                            We let our profits go to waste
                            All that's left in any case
                            Is Advertising space

                            I've seen your daughter
                            Man shes cute
                            I was scared but I wanted to
                            Boy she looks a lot like you

                            Robbie Williams, Advertising Space

                            Kommentar

                            • michael grasberger
                              Posting-Legende

                              • 16.02.2006
                              • 9974

                              #44
                              "hey mr. presley, where you gonna rock tonight?"
                              ein frühes rockabilly tribute aus dem jahr 1958:

                              [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHRZmDNz8Ss"]Pete De Bree Hey Mr Presley - YouTube[/ame]

                              "We know that rock'n'roll was not a human invention, that it was the work of the Holy Ghost."
                              (Nick Tosches)

                              Kommentar

                              • michael grasberger
                                Posting-Legende

                                • 16.02.2006
                                • 9974

                                #45
                                und gleich noch eins:
                                rockabilly-veteran hayden thompson hat elvis 1985 in einem song tribut gezollt. im ersten teil des liedes wird elvis werdegang nacherzählt, dann beschreibt der sänger, wie er mit 16 jahren zum ersten mal "that's all right" im radio gehört hat...
                                ein simples aber, wie ich finde, sehr charmantes und rührendes lied.
                                "i still miss, we still miss the boy from tupelo".

                                [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Md5YY0fgCis&feature=related"]hayden thompson - the boy from tupelo (tribute to Elvis) - YouTube[/ame]

                                "We know that rock'n'roll was not a human invention, that it was the work of the Holy Ghost."
                                (Nick Tosches)

                                Kommentar

                                Lädt...