Kontakt

Hilfe
Heutige Beiträge
Kalender
Registrieren
Home

Willkommen im Elvis-Forum.

Du besuchst unser Forum derzeit als Gast, wodurch Du nur eingeschränkten Zugriff auf die meisten Diskussionen, Artikel und unsere anderen FREIEN Features hast. Wenn Du Dich in unserem Forum kostenlos anmeldest, kannst Du eigene Themen erstellen, kannst Dich privat mit anderen Benutzern unterhalten (PN), an Umfragen teilnehmen, eigene Fotos hochladen und viele weitere spezielle Features nutzen.

Die Registrierung ist schnell, einfach und absolut kostenlos! Werde also noch heute Mitglied in unserem Forum!

Wenn Du Probleme bei der Registrierung oder Deinen Zugangsdaten hast, kontaktiere bitte unseren Support.

Navigation
Zurück   Elvis-Forum > Elvis-Forum > Elvis Presley
Elvis Presley Elvis Presley - Nachrichten | Aktuelles | Wissenswertes | Bemerkenswertes
Alles über den King of Rock 'n' Roll

Antwort

Themen-Optionen

Alt 07.04.2008, 23:10
Benutzerbild von Didi
Didi Didi ist offline
Gehört zum Inventar

Didi Renommee-Level 26%Didi Renommee-Level 26%Didi Renommee-Level 26%Didi Renommee-Level 26%Didi Renommee-Level 26%Didi Renommee-Level 26%Didi Renommee-Level 26%
CD "Elvis Sings ..."

A new label with the name "Inspiration" has released their first Elvis CD, a double CD set entitled "Elvis Sings…" It contains a collection of songs "themed" together.

From the press release:

Elvis sings… Beatles songs, Hawaiian songs and even Beethoven…??? Surprised? Besides recording songs that were written for him Elvis’ Elvis also covered many songs that were originally written and recorded by some of the biggest names in the entertainment field and at the same time some of the best songwriters in the world. Among them are names from different music genres like Arthur Crudup, Bill Monroe, Hank Williams, Chuck Berry, Ray Charles, Bob Dylan, John Lennon, Paul McCartney and George Harrison from The Beatles, Kris Kristofferson and of course some of Little Richard’s songs. Little Richard didn’t write the songs himself, but he influenced the writer and made the songs his own. Just listen to the four Little Richard songs Elvis covered and you won’t be in any doubt who Elvis is trying to sound like.

Elvis also recorded quite a few songs that were built on old European or Hawaiian melodies or songs. Some even became classics like "It’s Now Or Never", "Wooden Heart", "Can’t Help Falling In Love", "Surrender" and "My Way".

The Inspiration label decided to include studio, live, rehearsal and even home recordings to make this compilation as complete as possible.

The first CD contains the cover songs. The second CD starts with the only known recording of Elvis singing bass in a trio to the tune of Beethoven’s "Moonlight Sonata". An informal home recording that wouldn’t make sense to release to the wide public, but a charming pearl for music lovers. What follows are the four musical songs that Elvis sang during his career. Only two of them were released during his lifetime. The first two are home recordings of Rodgers and Hammerstein’s "If I Loved You from the musical Carousel and Make Believe from the musical Showboat. Then follows You’ll Never Walk Alone" from the musical "Carousel" also by Rodgers and Hammerstein and the last one in the musical genre is a live recording of "The Impossible Dream" from "The Man Of La Mancha". The remainer of CD 2 contains all the French, Italian, Spanish, German, Hawaiian and English songs that Elvis recorded. Some of them he sings like they originally were written and some were rewritten with English lyrics. In the situations were the lyrics were changed we have mentioned the original title right after the English title.

Elvis Sings… brings you for the first time ever a collection of all these recordings by Elvis Presley. We hope that you will enjoy Elvis Sings…!

Tracklisting:

CD 1:

Arthur Crudup songs
[01] That’s All Right
[02] My Baby Left Me
[03] So Glad You’re Mine

Bill Monroe songs
[04] Blue Moon Of Kentucky
[05] Little Cabin On The Hill (Million Dollar Quartet)
[06] Summertime Is Past And Gone (Million Dollar Quartet)
[07] I Hear A Sweet Voice Calling (Million Dollar Quartet)
[08] Sweetheart You Done Me Wrong (Million Dollar Quartet)

Hank Williams songs
[09] Your Cheatin’ Heart
[10] I’m So Lonesome I Could Cry (Home recording)
[11] I’m So Lonesome I Could Cry (Live)
[12] Men With Broken Hearts (Live)
[13] Jambalaya (Live)

Little Richard songs
[14] Rip It Up
[15] Ready Teddy
[16] Long Tall Sally
[17] Tutti Frutti

Chuck Berry songs
[18] Maybellene (Live)
[19] Brown Eyed Handsome Man (Million Dollar Quartet)
[20] Memphis Tennessee
[21] Too Much Monkey Business
[22] Johnny B. Goode (Live)
[23] Promised Land
[24] School Days (Live)

Ray Charles songs
[25] I Got A Woman
[26] What’d I Say

Bob Dylan songs
[27] Blowing In The Wind (Home recording)
[28] Tomorrow Is A Long Time
[29] Don’t Think Twice It’s All Right
[30] I Shall Be Released

Beatles songs
[31] Something (Live)
[32] Hey Jude
[33] Get Back
[34] Yesterday (Live)
[35] Lady Madonna

Kris Kristofferson songs
[36] Help Me Make It Through The Night
[37] For The Good Times
[38] Why Me Lord (Live)

CD 2:

Beethoven Composition
[01] Moonlight Sonata (For piano, C-sharp-minor, opus 27 no. 2) (Home recording)

Musical songs
[02] If I Loved You (From Carousel) (Home recording)
[03] Make Believe (From Showboat) (Home recording)
[04] You’ll Never Walk Alone (From Carousel)
[05] The Impossible Dream (From The Man Of La Mancha) (Live)

French songs
[06] Almost Always True (Alouette)
[07] Can’t Help Falling In Love (Plaisir d’Amour)
[08] Let It Be Me (Je T’Appartiens) (Live)
[09] My Way (Comme d’ Habitude) (Live)
[10] My Boy (Parce Que Je T’Aime Mon Enfant)
[11] What Now My Love (Et Maintenent) (Live)

Italian songs
[12] Surrender (Torna A Sorrento)
[13] No More (La Poloma)
[14] Ask Me (Io)
[15] Santa Lucia
[16] O Solo Mio (Live)
[17] It’s Now Or Never (O Solo Mio)

Spanish songs
[18] Guadalajara
[19] Alla’ en el Rancho Grande
[20] It’s Impossible (Somos Novios) (Live)

German songs
[21] Wooden Heart (Muss I denn)
[22] Tonight Is So Right For Love (Barcarolle)
[23] Tonight Is All Right For Love (Geschichten Aus den Weinerwald)
[24] Five Sleepy Heads (Wiegendlied)

Hawaiian songs
[25] Aloha Oe
[26] Drums Of The Island (Bula Lai)
[27] Hawaiian Wedding Song (Ke Kali Nei Au)

English songs
[28] Old McDonald
[29] Stay Away (Greensleeves)

Source: elvisnews.com

Geändert von Didi (07.04.2008 um 23:19 Uhr)
Alt Alt 07.04.2008, 23:10
Advertising
Werbung

Diese Werbung wird registrierten
Mitgliedern so nicht angezeigt.
Werde noch heute
im Elvis-Forum
Standard Sponsored Links

Alt 08.04.2008, 12:06
Benutzerbild von Herbi
Herbi Herbi ist offline
Board-Legende

Herbi Renommee-Level 100%Herbi Renommee-Level 100%Herbi Renommee-Level 100%Herbi Renommee-Level 100%Herbi Renommee-Level 100%Herbi Renommee-Level 100%Herbi Renommee-Level 100%Herbi Renommee-Level 100%Herbi Renommee-Level 100%Herbi Renommee-Level 100%Herbi Renommee-Level 100%
...wieder etwas was man nicht unbedingt braucht !!

__Elvis - Artist Of The Century__
Alt 08.04.2008, 13:35
Benutzerbild von onkelfritz
onkelfritz onkelfritz ist offline
Gehört zum Inventar

onkelfritz Renommee-Level 36%onkelfritz Renommee-Level 36%onkelfritz Renommee-Level 36%onkelfritz Renommee-Level 36%onkelfritz Renommee-Level 36%onkelfritz Renommee-Level 36%onkelfritz Renommee-Level 36%onkelfritz Renommee-Level 36%
ist aber von der art der zusammenstellung her einfach mal ein bisschen anders als die sonstigen 08/15 - compilations...

könnte so manchen elvis-interessenten an land ziehen und zum elvis-liebhaber machen
Alt 08.04.2008, 19:44
Benutzerbild von TheKing
TheKing TheKing ist offline
Board-Legende

TheKing Renommee-Level 100%TheKing Renommee-Level 100%TheKing Renommee-Level 100%TheKing Renommee-Level 100%TheKing Renommee-Level 100%TheKing Renommee-Level 100%TheKing Renommee-Level 100%TheKing Renommee-Level 100%TheKing Renommee-Level 100%TheKing Renommee-Level 100%TheKing Renommee-Level 100%
Und das Cover ist einfach hammermäßige Sahne...wow!
Alt 08.04.2008, 19:48
Benutzerbild von Oliwa
Oliwa Oliwa ist offline
Board-Legende

Oliwa Renommee-Level 100%Oliwa Renommee-Level 100%Oliwa Renommee-Level 100%Oliwa Renommee-Level 100%Oliwa Renommee-Level 100%Oliwa Renommee-Level 100%Oliwa Renommee-Level 100%Oliwa Renommee-Level 100%Oliwa Renommee-Level 100%Oliwa Renommee-Level 100%Oliwa Renommee-Level 100%
Oliwa eine Nachricht über ICQ schicken Oliwa eine Nachricht über MSN schicken
Zitat:
Zitat von TheKing Beitrag anzeigen
Und das Cover ist einfach hammermäßige Sahne...wow!
Da gebe ich dir recht, es zeigt unseren Mann in "nerv mich nicht, sonst gibts aufs Maul" Pose

Alt 08.04.2008, 19:49
Benutzerbild von Herbi
Herbi Herbi ist offline
Board-Legende

Herbi Renommee-Level 100%Herbi Renommee-Level 100%Herbi Renommee-Level 100%Herbi Renommee-Level 100%Herbi Renommee-Level 100%Herbi Renommee-Level 100%Herbi Renommee-Level 100%Herbi Renommee-Level 100%Herbi Renommee-Level 100%Herbi Renommee-Level 100%Herbi Renommee-Level 100%
..ja, das Cover gefällt mir auch sehr gut !!

Alt 08.04.2008, 19:50
Benutzerbild von Didi
Didi Didi ist offline
Gehört zum Inventar
Themenstarter

Didi Renommee-Level 26%Didi Renommee-Level 26%Didi Renommee-Level 26%Didi Renommee-Level 26%Didi Renommee-Level 26%Didi Renommee-Level 26%Didi Renommee-Level 26%
Zitat:
Zitat von Oliwa Beitrag anzeigen
Da gebe ich dir recht, es zeigt unseren Mann in "nerv mich nicht, sonst gibts aufs Maul" Pose
Zitat:
Zitat von Herbi Beitrag anzeigen
..ja, das Cover gefällt mir auch sehr gut !!
Cover ist wirklich sehr geil!
Alt 08.04.2008, 20:28
Benutzerbild von Hunka Hunka 1860
Hunka Hunka 1860 Hunka Hunka 1860 ist offline
Gehört zum Inventar

Hunka Hunka 1860 Renommee-Level 36%Hunka Hunka 1860 Renommee-Level 36%Hunka Hunka 1860 Renommee-Level 36%Hunka Hunka 1860 Renommee-Level 36%Hunka Hunka 1860 Renommee-Level 36%Hunka Hunka 1860 Renommee-Level 36%Hunka Hunka 1860 Renommee-Level 36%Hunka Hunka 1860 Renommee-Level 36%Hunka Hunka 1860 Renommee-Level 36%
Ich finde die Zusammenstellung klasse
Alt 10.04.2008, 16:39
Benutzerbild von Didi
Didi Didi ist offline
Gehört zum Inventar
Themenstarter

Elvis Sings.... Booklet

A new label by the name of Inspiration has now released their first Elvis Cd. It’s a double Cd titled Elvis sings… It contain a nice collection of theme songs recorded by Elvis.

Elvis sings… Beatles songs, Hawaiian songs and even Beethoven…??? Surprised?

Besides recording songs that were written for him Elvis’ during his career covered many songs that originally were written and recorded by some of the biggest names in the entertainment field and at the same time some of the best songwriters in the world.

Among them are names from different music genres like Arthur Crudup, Bill Monroe, Hank Williams, Chuck Berry, Ray Charles, Bob Dylan, John Lennon, Paul McCartney and George Harrison from The Beatles, Kris Kristofferson and of course some of Little Richard’s songs. Little Richard didn’t write the songs himself, but he influenced the writer and made the songs his own. Just listen to the four Little Richard songs Elvis covered and you won’t be in any doubt who Elvis is trying to sound like.
Elvis also recorded quite a few songs that were built on old European or Hawaiian melodies and/or songs. Some even became classics like It’s Now Or Never, Wooden Heart, Can’t Help Falling In Love, Surrender and My Way.

Inspiration have decided to include studio, live, rehearsal and even home recordings to make this compilation as complete as possible.

The first Cd contains the cover songs. The second Cd starts with the only known recording of Elvis singing bass in a trio to the tune of Beethoven’s Moonlight Sonata. An informal home recording that wouldn’t make sense to release to the wide public, but a charming pearl for music lovers.

What follows are the four musical songs that Elvis sang during his career. Only two of them were released during his lifetime. The first two are home recordings of Rodgers and Hammerstein’s If I Loved You from the musical Carousel and Make Believe from the musical Showboat. Then follows You’ll Never Walk Alone from the musical Carousel also by Rodgers and Hammerstein and the last one in the musical genre is a live recording of The Impossible Dream from The Man Of La Mancha.

The rest of Cd 2 contains all the French, Italian, Spanish, German, Hawaiian and English songs that Elvis recorded. Some of them he sings like they originally were written and some were rewritten with English lyrics. In the situations were the lyrics were changed we have mentioned the original title right after the English title.

Elvis Sings… brings you for the first time ever a collection of all these recordings by Elvis Presley. We hope that you will enjoy Elvis Sings…!

Cd 1:

Arthur Crudup songs

[01] That’s All Right[02] My Baby Left Me[03] So Glad You’re Mine

Bill Monroe songs [04] Blue Moon Of Kentucky[05] Little Cabin On The Hill (Million Dollar Quartet)[06] Summertime Is Past And Gone (Million Dollar Quartet)[07] I Hear A Sweet Voice Calling (Million Dollar Quartet)[08] Sweetheart You Done Me Wrong (Million Dollar Quartet)

Hank Williams songs [09] Your Cheatin’ Heart[10] I’m So Lonesome I Could Cry (Home recording)[11] I’m So Lonesome I Could Cry (Live)[12] Men With Broken Hearts (Live)[13] Jambalaya (Live)

Little Richard songs [14] Rip It Up[15] Ready Teddy[16] Long Tall Sally[17] Tutti Frutti

Chuck Berry songs [18] Maybellene (Live)[19] Brown Eyed Handsome Man (Million Dollar Quartet)[20] Memphis Tennessee[21] Too Much Monkey Business[22] Johnny B. Goode (Live)[23] Promised Land[24] School Days (Live)

Ray Charles songs [25] I Got A Woman[26] What’d I Say

Bob Dylan songs [27] Blowing In The Wind (Home recording)[28] Tomorrow Is A Long Time[29] Don’t Think Twice It’s All Right[30] I Shall Be Released

Beatles songs [31] Something (Live)[32] Hey Jude[33] Get Back[34] Yesterday (Live)[35] Lady Madonna

Kris Kristofferson songs [36] Help Me Make It Through The Night[37] For The Good Times[38] Why Me Lord (Live)

Cd 2:

Beethoven Composition [01] Moonlight Sonata (For piano, C-sharp-minor, opus 27 no. 2) (Home recording)

Musical songs [02] If I Loved You (From Carousel) (Home recording)[03] Make Believe (From Showboat) (Home recording)[04] You’ll Never Walk Alone (From Carousel)[05] The Impossible Dream (From The Man Of La Mancha) (Live)

French songs [06] Almost Always True (Alouette)[07] Can’t Help Falling In Love (Plaisir d’Amour)[08] Let It Be Me (Je T’Appartiens) (Live)[09] My Way (Comme d’ Habitude) (Live)[10] My Boy (Parce Que Je T’Aime Mon Enfant)[11] What Now My Love (Et Maintenent) (Live)

Italian songs [12] Surrender (Torna A Sorrento)[13] No More (La Poloma)[14] Ask Me (Io)[15] Santa Lucia[16] O Solo Mio (Live)[17] It’s Now Or Never (O Solo Mio)

Spanish songs [18] Guadalajara[19] Alla’ en el Rancho Grande[20] It’s Impossible (Somos Novios) (Live)

German songs [21] Wooden Heart (Muss I denn)[22] Tonight Is So Right For Love (Barcarolle)[23] Tonight Is All Right For Love (Geschichten Aus den Weinerwald)[24] Five Sleepy Heads (Wiegendlied)

Hawaiian songs [25] Aloha Oe[26] Drums Of The Island (Bula Lai) [27] Hawaiian Wedding Song (Ke Kali Nei Au) English songs [28] Old McDonald[29] Stay Away (Greensleeves)

Source: epgold.com
Alt 10.04.2008, 16:41
Benutzerbild von Herbi
Herbi Herbi ist offline
Board-Legende

..jaaaa sieht klasse aus das set !!

Antwort

Stichworte
sings