Kontakt

Hilfe
Heutige Beiträge
Kalender
Benutzerliste
Registrieren
Home

Willkommen im Elvis-Forum.

Du besuchst unser Forum derzeit als Gast, wodurch Du nur eingeschränkten Zugriff auf die meisten Diskussionen, Artikel und unsere anderen FREIEN Features hast. Wenn Du Dich in unserem Forum kostenlos anmeldest, kannst Du eigene Themen erstellen, kannst Dich privat mit anderen Benutzern unterhalten (PN), an Umfragen teilnehmen, eigene Fotos hochladen und viele weitere spezielle Features nutzen.

Die Registrierung ist schnell, einfach und absolut kostenlos! Werde also noch heute Mitglied in unserem Forum!

Wenn Du Probleme bei der Registrierung oder Deinen Zugangsdaten hast, kontaktiere bitte unseren Support.

Navigation
Zurück   Elvis-Forum > Elvis-Forum > Elvis Presley
Elvis Presley Elvis Presley - Nachrichten | Aktuelles | Wissenswertes | Bemerkenswertes
Alles über den King of Rock 'n' Roll

Antwort

Themen-Optionen

Alt 15.02.2020, 11:13
Benutzerbild von honeybee
honeybee honeybee ist offline
Board-Legende

honeybee Renommee-Level 22%honeybee Renommee-Level 22%honeybee Renommee-Level 22%honeybee Renommee-Level 22%honeybee Renommee-Level 22%honeybee Renommee-Level 22%
Elvis Sings...

Released in the “Elvis Sings” series from the Spanish El Toro Records are three new vinyl EPs: "Elvis Sings Stan Kesler" “Elvis Sings Don Robertson” and “Elvis Sings Pomus & Shuman”. These three volumes were released to commemorate the King's 85th anniversary. The series now consists of eleven EPs.

The design of these three volumes follows the previous eight releases in this series: a sturdy carboard sleeve with a pen drawing of Elvis and the composers of the songs of the discs. Although taken from well-known images, the combination is done nicely, creating a new picture. On the back a couple of lines on the composer and their link to Elvis Presley.
The discs itself come on clear, red and yellow vinyl.

Stan Kesler is an American retired musician, record producer and songwriter, whose career began at the Sun Studio in Memphis, Tennessee. Elvis Presley, who recorded "I'm Left, You're Right, She's Gone" in 1954, and "I Forgot to Remember to Forget" the following year. Elvis' recording of "I'm Left, You're Right, She's Gone" was released as a single by Sun Records - one of his five SUN singles - and reached #5 on the country chart. Presley’s version of "I Forgot to Remember to Forget reached #1 on the country chart in early 1956.

This EP clearly shows Elvis local Memphis roots on the A-side, working with local composers and musicians. A nice compilation of the original SUN sound. This B-side shows Elvis starting out at RCA.

The only Stan Kesler recording missing from this EP is "I'm a Fool (For Loving You)", first released in 1969. It would have been nice if this song had been included to complete the Stan Kesler’s “Elvis catalogue”.

From SUN we move to Elvis Presley’s 1956 debut album with “I'm Counting On You” by Don Robertson, an American songwriter and pianist, working mostly in the country and popular music genres. A few years later, Elvis invited Don to come to Radio Recorders in Hollywood to meet with him. They met and talked and hit it off. This resulted in get-togethers jamming together. Elvis not only admired Don as a songwriter, but also as a pianist. He is one of the few composers who really talked, jammed and worked with Elvis musically. In an interview he once said: “The more I listened to Elvis, the more I tended to write the songs and sing the demos in his style. It was a fortunate coincidence that we both had about the same comfortable vocal range (his was greater), and we understood each other's phrasing. He also liked my accompaniments, whether just piano, or with small or large orchestras.” The last song on this EP, “There’s Always Me” nicely illustrates this.

If you listen to the Robinson songs Elvis recorded you can hear this. This EP contains four early tracks, recorded at in the late fifties and very early sixties. In total Elvis recorded 14 of his songs, six of which are in Presley movies.

To save the last for best, the “Pomus & Shuman” EP with one of my all-time favorite songs “His Latest Flame”, a catchy tune that always makes me turn up the volume when it comes by. Although the composers never met Elvis Presley he did call Mort Shuman in the middle of the night of June 25, 1961. He was calling for advice when he was recording “(Marie's The Name of) His Latest Flame” because they couldn't quite get the piano line down as Mr. Shuman had written it.

This EP also features “A Mess of Blues”, which was released as the B-side of the single “It's Now or Never” in July 1960. A great bluesy tune with a nice flow you automatically sing along in your head. “Little Sister” can almost be called a rock song, especially performed live. The last of the four songs on the EP is the diamond-in-the-rough "Gonna Get Back Home Somehow" from the “Pot Luck” album. A song with a lot of variation for Elvis, the backing vocalists and band. But I always thought Elvis sings it a bit too relaxed. If he had sung it a bit more bluesy - like he did on “Little Sister” - the track would be stronger in my opinion.

Elvis recorded 25 songs (co)written by the members of this duo, this EP show the variety in their composing skills.

Conclusion

Combined these three singles (which are sold separately) make a nice package. The set illustrates the variation in Elvis recorded work, even when the songs are written by the same composers. Perhaps there will be new volumes compiling the work of these composers for Elvis Presley as there are enough tracks left.

Quelle: Elvis Day By Day. com

Alt Alt 15.02.2020, 11:13
Advertising
Werbung

Diese Werbung wird registrierten
Mitgliedern so nicht angezeigt.
Werde noch heute
im Elvis-Forum
Standard Sponsored Links

Alt 15.02.2020, 12:35
Benutzerbild von M.C. Clap Your Hands
M.C. Clap Your Hands M.C. Clap Your Hands ist offline
Gehört zum Inventar

M.C. Clap Your Hands Renommee-Level 0,4%
M.C. Clap Your Hands eine Nachricht über MSN schicken
Coole VÖs

Trinkst du zu viel Lütt und Lütt
kommst du ganz schnell aus m Trütt
Run, run, run, run, run, run, run away, oh-oh-oh
Alt 15.02.2020, 15:17
Benutzerbild von Dr.Nic
Dr.Nic Dr.Nic ist offline
Gehört zum Inventar

Dr.Nic Renommee-Level 22%Dr.Nic Renommee-Level 22%Dr.Nic Renommee-Level 22%Dr.Nic Renommee-Level 22%Dr.Nic Renommee-Level 22%Dr.Nic Renommee-Level 22%
Dr.Nic eine Nachricht über ICQ schicken Dr.Nic eine Nachricht über MSN schicken
ja eigentlich cool, aber wegen copyright fehlen halt songs, bzw weil man keine lizenzgebühren abdrücken will ...

- daher nix halbes, nix ganzes... ich kauf es nicht
Die folgenden 3 Nutzer bedankten sich bei Dr.Nic für diesen Beitrag:
Alt 15.02.2020, 19:32
Benutzerbild von M.C. Clap Your Hands
M.C. Clap Your Hands M.C. Clap Your Hands ist offline
Gehört zum Inventar

M.C. Clap Your Hands Renommee-Level 0,4%
M.C. Clap Your Hands eine Nachricht über MSN schicken
Jupp...da hast du Recht....sieht halt cool aus und due titel verheissen großen...nur Schall und Rauch

Trinkst du zu viel Lütt und Lütt
kommst du ganz schnell aus m Trütt
Run, run, run, run, run, run, run away, oh-oh-oh
Alt 15.02.2020, 20:59
King77 King77 ist offline
Board-Legende

King77 Renommee-Level 60%King77 Renommee-Level 60%King77 Renommee-Level 60%King77 Renommee-Level 60%King77 Renommee-Level 60%King77 Renommee-Level 60%King77 Renommee-Level 60%King77 Renommee-Level 60%King77 Renommee-Level 60%King77 Renommee-Level 60%King77 Renommee-Level 60%
Sind halt eher Artikel für Sammler. Sehen cool aus u. die Idee dahinter ist ja nicht schlecht. Man könnte diese Serie auch noch mit diversen anderen Songwritern fortsetzen. Bei manchen noch Vol. 1 - 15 z. B. bei Ben Weisman.
Die folgenden Nutzer bedankten sich bei King77 für diesen Beitrag:
Alt 20.02.2020, 13:13
Benutzerbild von Chief Joseph
Chief Joseph Chief Joseph ist offline
Foren-Experte

Chief Joseph Renommee-Level 0,4%
Cover 1 und 2 gehen ja noch, aber in Cover 3 haben sie Elvis ein fettes Gesicht verpasst.
Sieht ja grauenhaft aus.
Antwort

Themen-Optionen