Kontakt

Hilfe
Heutige Beiträge
Kalender
Registrieren
Home

Willkommen im Elvis-Forum.

Du besuchst unser Forum derzeit als Gast, wodurch Du nur eingeschränkten Zugriff auf die meisten Diskussionen, Artikel und unsere anderen FREIEN Features hast. Wenn Du Dich in unserem Forum kostenlos anmeldest, kannst Du eigene Themen erstellen, kannst Dich privat mit anderen Benutzern unterhalten (PN), an Umfragen teilnehmen, eigene Fotos hochladen und viele weitere spezielle Features nutzen.

Die Registrierung ist schnell, einfach und absolut kostenlos! Werde also noch heute Mitglied in unserem Forum!

Wenn Du Probleme bei der Registrierung oder Deinen Zugangsdaten hast, kontaktiere bitte unseren Support.

Navigation
Zurück   Elvis-Forum > Elvis-Forum > Elvis Presley
Elvis Presley Elvis Presley - Nachrichten | Aktuelles | Wissenswertes | Bemerkenswertes
Alles über den King of Rock 'n' Roll

Antwort

Themen-Optionen

Alt 19.04.2024, 10:43
Benutzerbild von lars87
lars87 lars87 ist offline
Foren-Experte

lars87 Renommee-Level 6%lars87 Renommee-Level 6%
lars87 eine Nachricht über ICQ schicken
Elvis Seventy Three

The ReelTrax import record label announced the release of the double CD set 'Elvis Seventy Three' featuring the August 7, 1973 Midnight Show, and September 3, 1973 Closing Show performances.

Publicity stated: ReelTrax is back with another great 2-CD release, actually the first one in 2024! After the great success of our recent vinyl release ''68 Unleashed' which has sold out very quickly we now present a completely new CD project!

'Elvis Seventy Three' is a 2-disc set with two complete shows from Elvis' August 1973 engagement at the Hilton Hotel in Las Vegas: On the first disc of this set you will be able to step back in time with Elvis Presley’s Closing Night performance from September 3, 1973. For the first time, experience this iconic show which easily can be seen as one of the most unusual performances of Elvis´ career in correct speed and superior sound quality, thanks to a meticulous Matrix Mix of soundboard and audience recordings.
This new mix reveals intricacies and audience interactions previously unheard, capturing the King of Rock and Roll in his element.

The Closing Night concert is renowned for its humorous touch, for instance, when Elvis had a toy monkey on his back (all through the first two songs of the show) while being carried on stage on the back of Lamar Fike. Or when a red velvet bed had been placed on stage during the show with Elvis sitting on it while singing 'What Now My Love' and pretending to "search" for his love in the bed. And finally when he totally mixed up the music and lyrics of 'Suspicious Minds' and 'Bridge Over Troubled Water', probably just because he wanted to fool his musicians (we called that 'Suspicious Bridge' and gave it its own track on the CD).

But the concert is also known for its heartfelt and rare performances like 'Help Me Make It Through The Night', 'Softly As I Leave You' and a fantastic 'How Great Thou Art' with multiple reprises, among others.

Additionally, to make sure the content of this CD is 100% the “real” Closing Night show we did not use the first 6 songs from the soundboard of the dinner show of the same date (which has been done this way before on an earlier release of the show), but chose to include them from an ambiance recording which has been made at Closing Night. It’s a pity that those first six songs have not been recorded on soundboard back in 1973.

CD 2 presents the Midnight Show from August 7, 1973, sourced from an ambiance recording which offers a very good sound. Elvis himself mentioned during the concert that he and his band were enjoying their time on stage, which led him to extend his performance, adding a personal touch to this memorable evening.

One of only two versions of 'Funny How Time Slips Away', sung during the August 1973 season, and 'Faded Love', performed live for its fourth and final time are real highlights.

But actually the set-lists of both shows in this 2-CD set contrast the energy from the beginning to the end of Elvis’s stint, highlighting both his serious and playful side on stage. The show on CD 2 has previously been released at a wrong speed on ‘Top Acts in Vegas’ 28 years ago. This corrected version now allows fans to hear Elvis as he truly sounded, making it a pivotal release for collectors and new fans alike.

Enhance your Elvis collection with this definitive edition, featuring no less than a variety of 9 bonus tracks that underscore rare moments and the fun Elvis had during the Las Vegas Summer season of 1973.

CD 1: September 3, 1973 – Closing Show, Las Vegas Hilton Hotel (Matrix Recording*)
1. See See Rider
2. I Got A Woman - Amen
3. Love Me
4. Steamroller Blues
5. You Gave Me A Mountain
6. Trouble
7. Rock Medley
8. Love Me Tender
9. Fever
10. What Now My Love
11. Suspicious Bridge
12. Bridge Over Troubled Water
13. Suspicious Minds
14. Introductions of Band & Celebrities
15. My Boy
16. I Can’t Stop Loving You
17. An American Trilogy
18. A Big Hunk O Love
19. The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face
20. Mystery Train - Tiger Man
21. How Great Thou Art (two reprises)
22. Help Me Make It Through The Night
23. Softly As I Leave You
24. Can’t Help Falling In Love - Closing Vamp

*Tracks 1 to 6 were sourced from an ambiance recording, as these songs were not on the soundboard tape

CD 2: August 7, 1973 – Midnight Show, Las Vegas Hilton Hotel (Ambiance Recording)
1. Also Sprach Zarathustra
2. See See Rider
3. I Got A Woman - Amen
4. Love Me
5. Steamroller Blues
6. You Gave Me A Mountain
7. Trouble
8. Blue Suede Shoes
9. Rock Medley
10. Love Me Tender
11. Fever
12. Bridge Over Troubled Water (two false starts)
13. Suspicious Minds
14. Introductions
15. My Boy
16. I Can’t Stop Loving You
17. An American Trilogy
18. Release Me
19. Mystery Train - Tiger Man
20. Funny How Time Slips Away
21. Faded Love
22. Can’t Help Falling In Love - Closing Vamp

Bonus tracks:
23. Make The World Go Away (August 8, 1973 MS)
24. Tiger Man (August 11, 1973 MS)
25. Crying Time (August 12, 1973 MS)
26. Amazing Grace (August 14, 1973 DS)
27. Something (August 23, 1973 DS)
28. It’s A Matter Of Time (August 25, 1973 MS)
29. Johnny B. Goode (August 26, 1973 MS)
30. My Boy (False Start) - Release Me - My Boy (August 28, 1973 MS)
31. You Gave Me A Mountain (September 2, 1973 DS)

(Source: Reel Trax)
Alt Alt 19.04.2024, 10:43
Advertising
Werbung

Diese Werbung wird registrierten
Mitgliedern so nicht angezeigt.
Werde noch heute
im Elvis-Forum
Standard Sponsored Links

Alt 19.04.2024, 14:18
Glen D. Glen D. ist offline
Gehört zum Inventar

Glen D. Renommee-Level 0,4%
" Ambiance Recording ", ist damit eine Audienceaufnahme gemeint ?
Alt 19.04.2024, 15:40
Benutzerbild von lars87
Foren-Experte

Themenstarter

Zitat:
Zitat von Glen D. Beitrag anzeigen
" Ambiance Recording ", ist damit eine Audienceaufnahme gemeint ?
Anscheinend aber wohl in besserer Qualität als die Top Act und mit korrigiertem Speed.
Alt 19.04.2024, 15:41
Benutzerbild von ROSI_
ROSI_ ROSI_ ist offline
Gehört zum Inventar

ROSI_ Renommee-Level 0,4%
So verstehe ich das zumindest.
Da wollte man wohl mit dem Begriff "Audience" nicht gleich abschrecken und ist etwas (naja) kreativer in der Beschreibung geworden.
Die folgenden Nutzer bedankten sich bei ROSI_ für diesen Beitrag:
Alt 19.04.2024, 15:44
Gehört zum Inventar

Hat aber mit Soundbooth Aufnahmen nichts zu tun oder ?
Alt 19.04.2024, 15:47
Benutzerbild von ROSI_
ROSI_ ROSI_ ist offline
Gehört zum Inventar

Zitat:
Zitat von lars87 Beitrag anzeigen
Anscheinend aber wohl in besserer Qualität als die Top Act und mit korrigiertem Speed.
Das übliche Argument, wenn man ne AR nach etlichen Jahren, bzw knapp 3 Jahrzehnten mit neuer Technik aufwärmt.

Natürlich ist das auch was gutes, wenn man so viel wie möglich noch aus diesen Shows macht. Mehr von Elvis hat man uns ja nicht hinterlassen.
Alt 19.04.2024, 15:49
Benutzerbild von ROSI_
ROSI_ ROSI_ ist offline
Gehört zum Inventar

Zitat:
Zitat von Glen D. Beitrag anzeigen
Hat aber mit Soundbooth Aufnahmen nichts zu tun oder ?
Auch schon überlegt,... Hätte man dann aber sicher so geschrieben. Klingt ja ähnlich wie Soundboard und besser als Audience oder Ambiance Recording.
Alt 19.04.2024, 16:01
Gehört zum Inventar

Mike S. oder Robert wird uns das schon erklären.
Alt 19.04.2024, 16:23
Benutzerbild von lars87
Foren-Experte

Themenstarter

Zitat:
Zitat von ROSI_ Beitrag anzeigen
Auch schon überlegt,... Hätte man dann aber sicher so geschrieben. Klingt ja ähnlich wie Soundboard und besser als Audience oder Ambiance Recording.
ist nicht Soundbooth mit 2 Mics in der Audience ?? sowie zb mehrere 73' Recordings im Winter / Sommer
Alt 19.04.2024, 16:25
Benutzerbild von lars87
Foren-Experte

Themenstarter

Zitat:
Zitat von ROSI_ Beitrag anzeigen
Das übliche Argument, wenn man ne AR nach etlichen Jahren, bzw knapp 3 Jahrzehnten mit neuer Technik aufwärmt.

Natürlich ist das auch was gutes, wenn man so viel wie möglich noch aus diesen Shows macht. Mehr von Elvis hat man uns ja nicht hinterlassen.
naja die Top Acts Vol.6 klingt nicht soo schlecht für eine AR.. klar gibt auch bessere aber nun...