Kontakt

Hilfe
Heutige Beiträge
Kalender
Registrieren
Home

Willkommen im Elvis-Forum.

Du besuchst unser Forum derzeit als Gast, wodurch Du nur eingeschränkten Zugriff auf die meisten Diskussionen, Artikel und unsere anderen FREIEN Features hast. Wenn Du Dich in unserem Forum kostenlos anmeldest, kannst Du eigene Themen erstellen, kannst Dich privat mit anderen Benutzern unterhalten (PN), an Umfragen teilnehmen, eigene Fotos hochladen und viele weitere spezielle Features nutzen.

Die Registrierung ist schnell, einfach und absolut kostenlos! Werde also noch heute Mitglied in unserem Forum!

Wenn Du Probleme bei der Registrierung oder Deinen Zugangsdaten hast, kontaktiere bitte unseren Support.

Navigation
Zurück   Elvis-Forum > Elvis-Forum > Elvis Presley
Elvis Presley Elvis Presley - Nachrichten | Aktuelles | Wissenswertes | Bemerkenswertes
Alles über den King of Rock 'n' Roll

Antwort

Themen-Optionen

Alt 28.10.2009, 20:31
PatrickVaals PatrickVaals ist offline
Gehört zum Inventar

PatrickVaals Renommee-Level 2%PatrickVaals Renommee-Level 2%
EP's concert ring

Elvis Presley’s 10ct Diamond Concert Gift Ring Hits The Auction Block.

PRESS RELEASE FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

Elvis Presley’s 10ct Diamond Concert Gift Ring Hits The Auction Block

Tallahassee, FL: FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Affiliated Auction Galleries, headquartered in Tallahassee FL, announces the sale of Elvis Presley’s 10ct diamond concert gift ring in its December 6th, 2009 catalog auction.

A most unique and original piece of Elvis Presley entertainment memorabilia. Gifted to the consignor, Mr. Lloyd Perry, by Elvis Presley during his concert in Asheville, NC. On July 24th, 1975. This was the last stop of Elvis Presley’s concert tour. Four songs in to his 1.5 hour show Elvis tossed his Gibson guitar in to the audience. Mr. Perry and the gentleman seated to his right simultaneously caught the guitar. After strumming it a bit, Mr. Perry allowed the other gentleman to have the guitar.

A few songs later, possibly feeling Mr. Perry should receive a memento for having allowed the other gentleman to have the guitar; Elvis motioned Mr. Perry on to the stage from his front row seat. Elvis shook Mr. Perry’s hand, and then took this diamond ring from his own finger and gifted it directly to Mr. Perry.

The 10ctw diamond ring, consists of 14 round cut approximate .44ct (each) / F-H color / I-1 to SI-1 clarity, 1 round cut approximate 1.29ct / H color / I-1 clarity, 1 round cut 1.39ct / H color / I-1 clarity and 3 emerald cut approximate .35ct (each) / H-I color / VS-2 clarity. 19 four-prong set diamonds in total. Set in 14K yellow gold. Weighing 27.2 grams. Size 11.

The ring is conveyed with a complete file of provenance from consignor Lloyd Perry, to include; autographed copy of Lee Cotton’s book “Did Elvis sing in your hometown too 1975” (gift event referenced on page 208), 3 copies of The Asheville Citizen-Times and Bristol Herald Courier with feature stories about the ring gift event, in excess of 40 original photographs of the event as it occurred and others of Elvis wearing the ring in other venues, original tickets from the concert and a signed letter of authenticity from Consignor Lloyd Perry.

The following tells how the consigner became the owner of this ring, in his own words:

“Elvis was coming to Asheville, N.C. for 3 nights on July 22nd, 23rd, 24th 1975. A friend of mine got us tickets for the 24th and believe it or not it was front row seats, right in the middle of the stage. I could reach out and touch him we were so close. Of course when Elvis came out the crowd went wild. We noticed he kind of looked at our group there in the front. Maybe it was the light and he could see us. Well, 2 or 3 songs into the show he turned, walked back to the center of the stage, and then turned around and threw his guitar toward me and this other guy seated next to me. We both caught it and played around with it. It was an old scratched up Gibson guitar, with Elvis Presley written in pearls down the neck. Although the other guy kept the guitar, I think Elvis wanted me to have it.

After a couple more songs, all of a sudden my wife nudged me and said Elvis is motioning for you to come to the stage. Well, I looked up and went to the stage to shake hands with him, and to my absolute surprise, he was trying to put this ring on my pinky finger. I got him to put it on my ring finger while I was shaking like a leaf. I then went back and sat down. I remember the crowd was going wild. Afterwards Elvis walked back across the stage, shrugged his shoulders and said “aw what's $16,000”.

Well, that night Elvis gave away his Gibson guitar and the ring, and the night before is when he gave JD Sumter the horse shoe ring. An amazing night I will never forget.” Consignor: Lloyd Perry

Affiliated Auction Galleries, headquartered in Tallahassee Florida, is a leading collectibles auctioneer, holding quarterly catalog auctions.

Website: www.AffiliatedAuctions.com. All inquiries should be directed to Malcolm Mason. Phone: 850-294-7121.

Email: Malcolmm@affiliatedauctions.com . Mail: 2500-F Apalachee Pkwy., Tallahassee FL 32301.

Best Regards,

Malcolm

2009/10/27 E-Mail from Malcolm Mason / www.epgold.com
Alt Alt 28.10.2009, 20:31
Advertising
Werbung

Diese Werbung wird registrierten
Mitgliedern so nicht angezeigt.
Werde noch heute
im Elvis-Forum
Standard Sponsored Links

Antwort