Kontakt

Hilfe
Heutige Beiträge
Kalender
Registrieren
Home

Willkommen im Elvis-Forum.

Du besuchst unser Forum derzeit als Gast, wodurch Du nur eingeschränkten Zugriff auf die meisten Diskussionen, Artikel und unsere anderen FREIEN Features hast. Wenn Du Dich in unserem Forum kostenlos anmeldest, kannst Du eigene Themen erstellen, kannst Dich privat mit anderen Benutzern unterhalten (PN), an Umfragen teilnehmen, eigene Fotos hochladen und viele weitere spezielle Features nutzen.

Die Registrierung ist schnell, einfach und absolut kostenlos! Werde also noch heute Mitglied in unserem Forum!

Wenn Du Probleme bei der Registrierung oder Deinen Zugangsdaten hast, kontaktiere bitte unseren Support.

Navigation
Zurück   Elvis-Forum > Elvis-Forum > Reviews & Reports
Reviews & Reports Reviews und Berichte über Elvis!

Antwort

Themen-Optionen

Alt 13.06.2006, 09:18
Benutzerbild von elvis1970nl
elvis1970nl elvis1970nl ist offline
Ganz neu hier

elvis1970nl Renommee-Level 0,4%
elvis1970nl eine Nachricht über MSN schicken elvis1970nl eine Nachricht über Yahoo! schicken
CD "Sold Out In Dixie"

Sold Out In Dixie

Reviewed By: Hans de Ruijter

Sold Out In Dixie: Rock Legends (total playing time 65:20)
Recorded Live at the Municipal Auditorium in Mobile Alabama 8.30 pm, on June 3, 1975
Elvis wore the "Indian Feather Suit"
On June the 2nd, along with the July shows of 1975, Elvis gave, in my opinion, one of the best performances of this tour.
In June and July Elvis was in top form, and the shows were good.
We are in Alabama, the city of Mobile to be precisely, and it's Elvis Live In Concert tonight.
The show starts with the "2001 Theme" as usual, followed by a powerful version of the show opener "See See Rider". The next song is "I got a woman/Amen" and as usual it’s loaded with humour after the "Amen" part. This version was also released on the CD "Live in Dallas" and CD #4 on "The silver box".
The next song is "Love Me" and as usual scarves are flying all over the place with the girls on the first row screaming their lungs out hoping to get one too.
Next is the Olivia Newton John song "If you love me let me know", I think a very good version is delivered here. Elvis always loved to sing that song from the first time he did it till the end.
"Love me tender" is next, but it ends up as a sort of throwaway. I’ve heard worse but this version is certainly not my favourite either. He sings it without interest and clowns his way through.
Then follows "All Shook Up" and "Teddy Bear/Don't be cruel" done on routine. Like he used to say himself a year later "I Just Got Thru Them"
"Hound Dog" starts like he really means it, but unfortunately after the first 10 seconds Elvis’ switches to routine again.
Next comes a very nice version of "The wonder of you", a song I personally always like to hear him sing. I got to admit I never heard him sing a bad version of this one between 1970 and 1975.
"Burning Love" is next on the list. It’s a extreme powerful version and one of my favourites too. Elvis delivers this one at Top Speed and to me it even sounds faster than the 1972 versions.
Then we have an interlude with all the band members giving solos so they can prove what they got. It gives the king a chance to take some breath at the same time.
"Johnny Be Goode" is also part of the Band introductions, showing James Burton in great shape.
After the solos it is time for "Bridge over troubled water" and as all ways Elvis sings it in a serious and passionate way. You just have to love this version.
Next is the Rocker "T-R-O-U-B-L-E" in a very fast, up-tempo and sometimes rocking version here. The song ends great as well.
After this great rocker comes the beautiful ballad "I'll remember you", you can really hear that Elvis loves to sing this song and he delivers a wonderful version.
Then it’s time for "Let me be there", another Olivia Newton John cover. It is just a version like many others I’ve heard before witch means it sounds good.
Next on the list is " American Trilogy". I always loved this song, but I believe Elvis never did sing it better than on the Aloha From Hawaii Special although the version delivered here sounds great to me.
Time to get the houselights up for "Funny how time slips away". It is just a regular version witch means Elvis is clowning around with J.D. at the end.
What follows is "Little Darlin" with Elvis fooling around again and it is really funny. I can't remember any version where he did not clown around.
A fantastic, powerful super version of "Mystery Train/Tiger Man" is next. It is hard to describe this one since it will rock your ears off. Play this version loud and you know what I mean.
As always the show ends with "Can't help falling in love" and "Closing Vamp".
Elvis Has Left The Building leaving 10.620 people who had a great night and saw a very good show indeed.
Overall:
Great Show, Elvis in great shape. The cd comes in great sound quality.
If you like Elvis Live you can’t afford to miss this cd!

Geändert von Ela68 (15.09.2010 um 00:16 Uhr)
Alt Alt 13.06.2006, 09:18
Advertising
Werbung

Diese Werbung wird registrierten
Mitgliedern so nicht angezeigt.
Werde noch heute
im Elvis-Forum
Standard Sponsored Links

Alt 13.06.2006, 20:25
Benutzerbild von epe
epe epe ist offline
Gehört zum Inventar

epe Renommee-Level 14%epe Renommee-Level 14%epe Renommee-Level 14%epe Renommee-Level 14%epe Renommee-Level 14%
Eine typische Show aus der Zeit: Gut!!!

Ich müßte noch mal ´reinhören, aber ich kann mich erinnern, dass das Soundboard ein andauerndes kleines Störgeräusch hat

epe
Antwort

Stichworte
dixie, sold