Kontakt

Hilfe
Heutige Beiträge
Kalender
Registrieren
Home

Willkommen im Elvis-Forum.

Du besuchst unser Forum derzeit als Gast, wodurch Du nur eingeschränkten Zugriff auf die meisten Diskussionen, Artikel und unsere anderen FREIEN Features hast. Wenn Du Dich in unserem Forum kostenlos anmeldest, kannst Du eigene Themen erstellen, kannst Dich privat mit anderen Benutzern unterhalten (PN), an Umfragen teilnehmen, eigene Fotos hochladen und viele weitere spezielle Features nutzen.

Die Registrierung ist schnell, einfach und absolut kostenlos! Werde also noch heute Mitglied in unserem Forum!

Wenn Du Probleme bei der Registrierung oder Deinen Zugangsdaten hast, kontaktiere bitte unseren Support.

Navigation
Zurück   Elvis-Forum > Elvis-Forum > Elvis Presley
Elvis Presley Elvis Presley - Nachrichten | Aktuelles | Wissenswertes | Bemerkenswertes
Alles über den King of Rock 'n' Roll

Antwort

Themen-Optionen

Alt 13.06.2007, 18:01
Gast
Gast

Blinzeln

Toll, jetzt habe ich Vol. II, III und IV.

Und Vol. I bekomme ich Ende Juni, da bin ich bei meinem 2en Händler, und er hat sie für mich reserviert.
Alt Alt 13.06.2007, 18:01
Advertising
Werbung

Diese Werbung wird registrierten
Mitgliedern so nicht angezeigt.
Werde noch heute
im Elvis-Forum
Standard Sponsored Links

Alt 13.06.2007, 18:42
VegasFever VegasFever ist offline
Foren-Profi

VegasFever Renommee-Level 2%VegasFever Renommee-Level 2%
Zitat:
Zitat von Herbi Beitrag anzeigen
...habe das teil heute bekommen und bin der meinung man hätte da vielleich ein andres froncover wählen sollen !! ...aber hauptsache ist für mich der inhalt und der ist ja wieder spitze bei dieser import CD !! ..die soundqualität ist wie bei den anderen drei veröffentlichungen dieser serie sehr gut !!!! ..ich hoffe sehr das die serie weitergeführt wird !!
...habe das teil auch heute mit der post bekommen. ...beim cover gebe ich dir recht, aber dafür bekommen wir einen 69iger elvis in höchstform zu hören.
Alt 13.06.2007, 21:25
Benutzerbild von Herbi
Herbi Herbi ist offline
Board-Legende

Themenstarter

Herbi Renommee-Level 100%Herbi Renommee-Level 100%Herbi Renommee-Level 100%Herbi Renommee-Level 100%Herbi Renommee-Level 100%Herbi Renommee-Level 100%Herbi Renommee-Level 100%Herbi Renommee-Level 100%Herbi Renommee-Level 100%Herbi Renommee-Level 100%Herbi Renommee-Level 100%
...hier noch was zum cover...

By ElvisNews.com/ Lex, Jun 7, 2007

While it’s not even finished, this series is already legendary. Does this volume follow the expectations?

Design

Normally I’m one of those who require that the cover art meets the content. The producers already expected such complains and explained the link between the front cover and the content in their press release:

“The photo, taken by famous Memphian Robert "Bob" Williams, shows Elvis, Red West and cousin Junior Smith cruisin' on Main Street on a summer night in 1956. It was on Main and Beale that the teenage/ young adult Elvis Presley absorbed and soaked up the musical sounds of the City of Memphis. These influences shine through in some of his best ever studio recordings laid down in his hometown. Sun, American Sound, Stax...those recordings echo the sound of the City of Memphis.”

A nice explanation, but I don’t really care this time… the cover art is so stunning that you won’t hear me complain about it. It’s a fact that there aren’t too many pictures of the actual sessions. Of course candids of the same time fit better, but in this case the whole is, well, perfect is the only word I can come up with. We already showed some of it when we got the preview and this time I’ll add some more of it.

Content

We all know (most of) the content by heart now. I for one can’t get enough of it, especially not if a CD starts with two songs that always have been in my personal top 10. “True Love Travels On A Gravel Road” is one of those songs that drag you in to it. Elvis may technically not be the best singer ever, but he sure is the one that puts the most emotion in the lyrics. “True Love” is one of the best examples in my ears. Unfortunately Elvis needed only 11 takes to nail it, gladly we have 10 of them!

From desperation to aggression isn’t necessarily a big step… certainly not on this CD. The evolution of “Power Of My Love” from the slower early takes to the finally released (slightly) faster version is well to follow. “Dear Georgie” is addressed several times, also during these takes. Again… he needed too few of them.

“Do You Know Who I Am” already saw the light in a more or less complete session on “There’s Always Me, Volume 2”. Still the total running time on this CD is over three minutes more. That means less fades and more chatter! The takes are numbered differently this time, which is a neat correction for the perfectionists (I presume ). Anyway, they all sound good enough for release to me.

The CD is completed with an undubbed “My Little Friend” – the only mono track on the disc. It is crystal clear and sounds almost like a different song. Last but not least is the attempt to do the vocals for “Poor Man’s Gold”. This one’s also cleaned up a lot, but has too little Elvis…

Conclusion

I can only conclude that this CD lives up to the image of the series. A deep bow for the producers, the one who mastered the whole thing (oh, how I wish he or she worked for FTD) and of course the designers! On a scale from one to ten… at least a twelve!

Quelle: www.elvisnews.com

__Elvis - Artist Of The Century__
Antwort

Stichworte
american, city, sound, volume, way