Kontakt

Hilfe
Heutige Beiträge
Kalender
Benutzerliste
Registrieren
Home

Willkommen im Elvis-Forum.

Du besuchst unser Forum derzeit als Gast, wodurch Du nur eingeschränkten Zugriff auf die meisten Diskussionen, Artikel und unsere anderen FREIEN Features hast. Wenn Du Dich in unserem Forum kostenlos anmeldest, kannst Du eigene Themen erstellen, kannst Dich privat mit anderen Benutzern unterhalten (PN), an Umfragen teilnehmen, eigene Fotos hochladen und viele weitere spezielle Features nutzen.

Die Registrierung ist schnell, einfach und absolut kostenlos! Werde also noch heute Mitglied in unserem Forum!

Wenn Du Probleme bei der Registrierung oder Deinen Zugangsdaten hast, kontaktiere bitte unseren Support.

Navigation
Zurück   Elvis-Forum > Elvis: Dies & Das.... > Who is Who?
Who is Who? Das „Wer ist wer?“ in der Elvis-Welt.

Antwort

Themen-Optionen

Alt 21.07.2010, 11:07
Benutzerbild von cos
cos cos ist offline
Board-Legende

cos Renommee-Level 100%cos Renommee-Level 100%cos Renommee-Level 100%cos Renommee-Level 100%cos Renommee-Level 100%cos Renommee-Level 100%cos Renommee-Level 100%cos Renommee-Level 100%cos Renommee-Level 100%cos Renommee-Level 100%cos Renommee-Level 100%
Gerade per Mail reinbekommen....

Zitat:
Benefit Concert For Myrna Smith @ Elvis Week

Elvis Unlimited is proud to announce that our Back In Memphis concert will be a benefit concert for Myrna Smith of The Sweet Inspirations. Elvis Unlimited was the first to break the news of Myrna being hospitalized in London and then again in California where she presently is recovering.

We now can share some even more serious news about Myrna. She has suffered a stroke and is on dialysis. She will need long term care. Myrna has many medical bills and many more medical expenses are ahead due to severity of her condition. Therefore, Henrik & I have decided that proceeds from our show will go to Myrna to help relieve some of the stress of the medical bills. Right now, Myrna only needs to focus on getting better.

The show is during Elvis Week on August 12 at 8 PM at the Michael D. Rose Theater at the University Of Memphis. Reserved seats are 45.00 US Dollars and includes admission to the mini -convention and silent auction from 6 to 8 PM with special guests Barbara Hearn,Charles Stone, Sonny West, Sandi Pichon, Roben Jones & more.
We have spent the last month reorganizing this show to make this a complete success for Myrna. We have changed venues to a larger venue right in Memphis to accommodate more fans and lower ticket prices. We also will have a silent auction before the show at our mini convention from 6 to 8 PM for ticket holders only. All items will directly benefit Myrna. Come down to the University of Memphis for THE concert of Elvis Week! We promise you a great show and a chance to lend a helping hand to our Sweet Inspiration, Myrna Smith!
Let's show Myrna how much we love and support her! Let's all pull together and help Myrna just as Elvis would do! Let's show the world what the Elvis Family is all about - friendship and support!
Die folgenden 14 Nutzer bedankten sich bei cos für diesen Beitrag:
Alt Alt 21.07.2010, 11:07
Advertising
Werbung

Diese Werbung wird registrierten
Mitgliedern so nicht angezeigt.
Werde noch heute
im Elvis-Forum
Standard Sponsored Links

Alt 27.07.2010, 11:35
Benutzerbild von cos
cos cos ist offline
Board-Legende

cos Renommee-Level 100%cos Renommee-Level 100%cos Renommee-Level 100%cos Renommee-Level 100%cos Renommee-Level 100%cos Renommee-Level 100%cos Renommee-Level 100%cos Renommee-Level 100%cos Renommee-Level 100%cos Renommee-Level 100%cos Renommee-Level 100%
Update...per Mail
Zitat:

27-07-2010
Myrna Smith UPDATE

Dear Elvis Fans:

Please share this Email with other fans & fan clubs. I've tried to add Email addresses from your cards, forgive me I missed some.

For those who don't know, in addition to undergoing dialysis, Myrna had a stroke. I visited Myrna 7/25/10 & I'm so pleased to tell you I see an improvement, she looks better, is stronger & more alert & her speech is better than a couple of weeks ago. She is receiving therapy which she will need to continue for some time.

Myrna asked me to thank all the wonderful fans for the cards, notes, pictures, love & prayers she has received from all over the world, it has really helped her. To those who sent flowers, Myrna has enjoyed them & says thank you. For those who have asked Myrna to sign things, please understand that because of the stroke, she is not able to right now. Her friend Diane & I have read her every card & note & she has looked at all of them.

TCB: Several people asked if Myrna needs help with medical expenses. I talked with Myrna & she said that if anyone asked, I should tell them she would appreciate help. An account will be opened specifically for Myrna's medical and therapy expenses, and I will get that information to you when I have it.In the meantime, those of you who will be in Memphis for Elvis Week can help - Megan and Henrik (Elvis Unlimited) have made their August 12 "Back in Memphis" show (6:00 PM) a BENEFIT CONCERT FOR MYRNA SMITH. For information, click here: http://www.pr-inside.com/elvis-presley-r2021501.htm.

I'm going to be honest with you - if we want to see Myrna back on stage singing for us, then we have to do something to help her get the therapy & medical care she needs. We are Myrna's family &, quite frankly, we need something like this benefit concert to get Myrna what she needs right now. Please help Myrna - if you are going to be in Memphis, please support the benefit concert & please tell others about it.

The address for sending cards is:
Myrna Smith
Canyon Oaks Nursing & Rehabilitation Center
22029 Saticoy Street
Canoga Park, CA 91303

Friends through Elvis,
Carole (Elvis Unlimited Member)
Die folgenden 4 Nutzer bedankten sich bei cos für diesen Beitrag:
Alt 31.07.2010, 10:34
Benutzerbild von burroughs
burroughs burroughs ist offline
Board-Legende

burroughs Renommee-Level 100%burroughs Renommee-Level 100%burroughs Renommee-Level 100%burroughs Renommee-Level 100%burroughs Renommee-Level 100%burroughs Renommee-Level 100%burroughs Renommee-Level 100%burroughs Renommee-Level 100%burroughs Renommee-Level 100%burroughs Renommee-Level 100%burroughs Renommee-Level 100%
henrik hat mich gebeten, folgende statements weiterzuleiten..

We got this message from Ronnie Tutt:

"I want to encourage ALL ELVIS FANS attending Elvis Week in Memphis this August, to come to the Concert on Aug.12 promoted by our friend Henrik Knudsen. It's my understanding that the proceeds from this Show will go towards helping our long-time friend and stage-mate, Myrna Smith of the Sweet Inspirations with her medical bills. I sincerely ask all who can, to please support Myrna by attending this special concert.
Thank you and may God bless your generosity, Ronnie Tutt, TCB Band"

We also got this message from Jerry Scheff:

Dear fans,
I am writing to encourage you to please support Myrna Smith by attending the benefit concert in Memphis on August 12th, 2010 at the Michael Rose Theater – University Of Memphis. Myrna is hospitalized from a stroke and is on dialysis. She needs help and you can give it to her.

I would like to commend Henrik Knudsen and Megan Murphy, and all the Elvis Unlimited members for their efforts in this important act of kindness.
I regret not being there in person but will be there in spirit.
Love to all of you,

Jerry Scheff

We got this message from DJ Fontana:

I am very happy that Elvis Unlimied is doing a benefit Show for Myrna Smith. We can always count on the Elvis fans to come together to help when someone is in need. Please come out and support the show at the Michael Rose Theatre-University of Memphis August 12, 2010. Lets show Myrna how much we love her.

DJ Fontana

We got this message from Sam Thompson

Our friend, Myrna Smith, needs your prayers and your help. I am advised she is currently undergoing dialysis and has had a stroke. To aid in the cost of medical expenses, Elvis Unlimited has generously offered to donate proceeds of a benefit concert on behalf of Myrna. That concert, the "Back In Memphis" show, will be held in Memphis, TN on August 12, 2010.

If you are going to be in Memphis, please support this worthy cause.

Thank you and TCB.

Sam Thompson

We got this message from: Ed Enoch.

Hello Henrik,

Thanks for sharing the information regarding your concert on August 12, 2010, at the Michael Rose Theater, at the University of Memphis, TN, campus.

I know all the Elvis Fans who plan to be in Memphis during Elvis Week will definitely want to attend the concert.
Your show sounds exciting and it would be great seeing many of the incredible musicians who worked with our friend, Elvis Presley. They are all great guys and the fans will appreciate their music.

Henrik, I am very proud that you are giving the proceeds of your concert to help with the medical expenses of our long time friend Myrna Smith, a group member of the Sweet Inspirations.

Our thoughts and prayers are with Myrna as she recovers.

God bless you Henrik.

Sincerely,
Ed Enoch
Owner - Manager - Lead Vocalist

The Stamps Quartet
Nashville, TN.
www.thestampsquartet.com

tickets gibts u.a. hier:
http://www.inticketing.com/events/117072

Geändert von burroughs (31.07.2010 um 10:56 Uhr)
Die folgenden 7 Nutzer bedankten sich bei burroughs für diesen Beitrag:
Alt 01.08.2010, 08:33
Board-Legende

burroughs Renommee-Level 100%burroughs Renommee-Level 100%burroughs Renommee-Level 100%burroughs Renommee-Level 100%burroughs Renommee-Level 100%burroughs Renommee-Level 100%burroughs Renommee-Level 100%burroughs Renommee-Level 100%burroughs Renommee-Level 100%burroughs Renommee-Level 100%burroughs Renommee-Level 100%
Gordon Stoker Ask You To Help Myrna

DEAR MEGAN AND HENRIK
I AM SO GLAD YOU ARE DOING THIS PROGRAM TO RAISE MONEY TO HELP OUR GOOD FRIEND AND SINGER MYRNA SMITH.
MYRNA HAS ALWAYS BEEN READY TO DO A GOOD JOB ON STAGE AND OFF FOR REHEARSALS ETC.
THE JORDANAIRES HAVE BEEN ON THE STAGE WITH HER, AND SHE AND THE TRIO HAVE ALWAYS BEEN A PLEASURE TO WORK WITH.

WE PRAY YOU WILL BE THERE AND HELP US RAISE ALL THE MONEY WE CAN TO HELP OUR BELOVED MYRNA IN HER TIME OF NEED.

Gordon Stoker
The Jordanaires
Alt 01.08.2010, 10:40
Benutzerbild von Joe S.
Joe S. Joe S. ist offline
Gehört zum Inventar

Joe S. Renommee-Level 2%
Ich hoffe sehr,dass Myrna wieder gesund wird. Habe sie als sehr sympathischen Menschen in Berlin kennengelernt.
Die folgenden 4 Nutzer bedankten sich bei Joe S. für diesen Beitrag:
Alt 01.08.2010, 11:31
Benutzerbild von Lakota
Lakota Lakota ist offline
Posting-Legende

Lakota Renommee-Level 100%Lakota Renommee-Level 100%Lakota Renommee-Level 100%Lakota Renommee-Level 100%Lakota Renommee-Level 100%Lakota Renommee-Level 100%Lakota Renommee-Level 100%Lakota Renommee-Level 100%Lakota Renommee-Level 100%Lakota Renommee-Level 100%Lakota Renommee-Level 100%
Das ist schon heftig. Für uns die (gehe ich mal von aus) alle Krankenversichert sind eine unvorstellbare Situation. Schön, dass ihre Kollegen und Fans zu ihr halten.

* Antoine De Saint-Exupéry *
Alt 01.08.2010, 11:39
Benutzerbild von crawfish
crawfish crawfish ist offline
Gehört zum Inventar

crawfish Renommee-Level 60%crawfish Renommee-Level 60%crawfish Renommee-Level 60%crawfish Renommee-Level 60%crawfish Renommee-Level 60%crawfish Renommee-Level 60%crawfish Renommee-Level 60%crawfish Renommee-Level 60%crawfish Renommee-Level 60%crawfish Renommee-Level 60%crawfish Renommee-Level 60%
In USA kannst du dich aber auch privat krankenversichern. Deshalb verstehe ich es nicht so ganz, weshalb Myrna nun durch ihre Erkrankung in solche finanzielle Notsituation geraten ist. Auch wenn eine private KV in USA einige tausend Dollar pro Jahr kostet, sollte sie es sich wohl hätten leisten können.
Ich wünsche ihr jedenfalls alles Gute.

Zitat:
Gib jedem Tag die Chance, der beste deines Lebens zu werden. (Mark Twain)
Die folgenden 4 Nutzer bedankten sich bei crawfish für diesen Beitrag:
Alt 09.08.2010, 12:36
Board-Legende

message from larry geller

Dear Henrik,

I've been following the news of the great show that you and Megan are presenting at the University of Memphis on August 12th. Knowing your work, your dedication and creativity - no question that this will be one of the highlights of Elvis Week this year, not to be missed! If the show itself wasn't reason enough, your generous plan to make this a benefit concert for Myrna Smith of the Sweet Inspirations is just the kind of thing Elvis would do himself. She really needs all the financial help and loving support she can get from the Elvis "family."

I visited with Myrna recently, and she was deeply moved and touched by your choice to honor her in Elvis' name. Of all years, a prior commitment is keeping my wife and me from joining you and all the fans in Memphis, but our thoughts and our hearts will be with you. We're very proud of you both, and happy to have you as our dear friends.

Larry Geller

Hi Megan & Henrik,

I just want to say I think it's a great idea to make your August 12 concert "Back in Memphis" A benifit for dear Myrna. I know it will be appreciated and I know it will be a" Great Show". I want to urge everyone to be there and I wish you Good Luck!

All the Best,

Glen D

Alt 10.08.2010, 09:35
Board-Legende

message from john wilkinson

HELLO HENRIK!

I HOPE THAT I'M NOT TOO LATE TO SAY THE FOLLOWING:

" HELLO ELVIS FANS FROM WHEREVER YOU MAY BE FROM. I STRONGLY URGE YOU TO VISIT AND SEE THE PROGRAM THAT IS BEING PUT ON BY THE DANISH ELVIS PRESLEY FAN CLUB VIA HENRIK KNUDSEN!

YOU ARE IN FOR A GREAT TIME AND GOOD FUN AND MOST IMPORTANTLY YOU WILL BE HELPING A VERY DEAR AND BELOVED FRIEND OF ALL OF US THAT WORKED WITH ELVIS, MYRNA SMITH. AS MOST OF YOU MAY HAVE HEARD, MYRNA HAS BEEN STRICKEN WITH A VERY SERIOUS KIDNEY DISEASE PLUS A COUPLE OF STROKES!

SHE NEEDS ALL OF US FANS AND CO-PERFORMERS ALIKE RIGHT NOW TO HELP WITH THE MEDICAL COSTS THAT MYRNA HAS INCURRED AND WILL CONTINUE TO INCUR FOR THE FORESEEABLE FUTURE. I, LIKE ALL OF YOU, WOULD LOVE TO SEE AND HEAR MYRNA BACK ON STAGE AGAIN. BUT SHE HAS TO GET WELL FIRST!

ELVIS FANS CAN HELP MAKE THAT HAPPEN BY GOING TO THE SHOW THAT IS BEING PUT ON BY THE DANISH FAN CLUB. ALL PROCEEDS WILL BE DONATED TO MYRNA TO HELP PAY HER MEDICAL BILLS. PLEASE FANS DO THIS FOR MYRNA!! ALL OF US IN THE T.C.B. BAND ARE DOING WHAT WE CAN TO HELP AND WE HOPE THAT YOU WILL TOO!!

MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR HELP. THIS IS WHAT ELVIS WOULD WANT YOU TO DO. FROM THE VERY DEPTHS OF MY HEART I PERSONALLY THANK YOU AS WELL! HAVE A GREAT ELVIS WEEK IN MEMPHIS! DANCE, SING, AND REMEMBER OUR MUTUAL FRIEND, ELVIS, AS YOU EAT THE WONDERFUL BBQ THAT MEMPHIS IS FAMOUS FOR! HAVE A FEW BIG BITES FOR ME WHILE YOU'RE AT IT!! I KNOW ELVIS FANS TO BE AMONG THE MOST LOVING, COMPASSIONATE AND CARING PEOPLE IN THE WORLD AND I LOVE YOU ALL!!

WITH LOVE AND HAPPY MEMORIES, JOHN WILKINSON

sniff :traurig:
Alt 17.08.2010, 13:16
MysteryTrain MysteryTrain ist offline
Posting-Legende

MysteryTrain Renommee-Level 36%MysteryTrain Renommee-Level 36%MysteryTrain Renommee-Level 36%MysteryTrain Renommee-Level 36%MysteryTrain Renommee-Level 36%MysteryTrain Renommee-Level 36%MysteryTrain Renommee-Level 36%MysteryTrain Renommee-Level 36%MysteryTrain Renommee-Level 36%MysteryTrain Renommee-Level 36%
Das hört sich alles gar nicht gut an :traurig:
Hoffen wir, dass sie es doch irgendwie schafft.
Antwort

Stichworte
myrna, smith
Themen-Optionen