Kontakt

Hilfe
Heutige Beiträge
Kalender
Benutzerliste
Registrieren
Home

Willkommen im Elvis-Forum.

Du besuchst unser Forum derzeit als Gast, wodurch Du nur eingeschränkten Zugriff auf die meisten Diskussionen, Artikel und unsere anderen FREIEN Features hast. Wenn Du Dich in unserem Forum kostenlos anmeldest, kannst Du eigene Themen erstellen, kannst Dich privat mit anderen Benutzern unterhalten (PN), an Umfragen teilnehmen, eigene Fotos hochladen und viele weitere spezielle Features nutzen.

Die Registrierung ist schnell, einfach und absolut kostenlos! Werde also noch heute Mitglied in unserem Forum!

Wenn Du Probleme bei der Registrierung oder Deinen Zugangsdaten hast, kontaktiere bitte unseren Support.

Navigation
Zurück   Elvis-Forum > Elvis-Forum > Elvis Presley
Elvis Presley Elvis Presley - Nachrichten | Aktuelles | Wissenswertes | Bemerkenswertes
Alles über den King of Rock 'n' Roll

Antwort

Themen-Optionen

Alt 13.11.2006, 17:56
Benutzerbild von Schorni
Schorni Schorni ist offline
Posting-Legende

Schorni Renommee-Level 100%Schorni Renommee-Level 100%Schorni Renommee-Level 100%Schorni Renommee-Level 100%Schorni Renommee-Level 100%Schorni Renommee-Level 100%Schorni Renommee-Level 100%Schorni Renommee-Level 100%Schorni Renommee-Level 100%Schorni Renommee-Level 100%Schorni Renommee-Level 100%
Zitat:
Zitat von andy_m Beitrag anzeigen
Auf GAR KEINER
Eben. Mir fiel auch keine ein.

Aber sowas scheint nicht so interessant zu sein.
Alt Alt 13.11.2006, 17:56
Advertising
Werbung

Diese Werbung wird registrierten
Mitgliedern so nicht angezeigt.
Werde noch heute
im Elvis-Forum
Standard Sponsored Links

Alt 13.11.2006, 18:03
Benutzerbild von andy_m
andy_m andy_m ist offline
Board-Legende

andy_m Renommee-Level 100%andy_m Renommee-Level 100%andy_m Renommee-Level 100%andy_m Renommee-Level 100%andy_m Renommee-Level 100%andy_m Renommee-Level 100%andy_m Renommee-Level 100%andy_m Renommee-Level 100%andy_m Renommee-Level 100%andy_m Renommee-Level 100%andy_m Renommee-Level 100%
Zitat:
Zitat von Schorni Beitrag anzeigen
Eben. Mir fiel auch keine ein.

Aber sowas scheint nicht so interessant zu sein.
Wie GUT das es jetzt die NEUE 3 DVD Box gibt
Alt 13.11.2006, 18:49
etp etp ist offline
Fühlt sich hier wohl
Themenstarter

etp Renommee-Level 2%etp Renommee-Level 2%
Also, ich find das auch einfach super, daß die neue 3 DVD Box kommt. Die wird sicher ein Schätzchen in meinem Regal
Alt 14.11.2006, 00:19
Benutzerbild von michael grasberger
michael grasberger michael grasberger ist offline
Board-Legende

michael grasberger Renommee-Level 100%michael grasberger Renommee-Level 100%michael grasberger Renommee-Level 100%michael grasberger Renommee-Level 100%michael grasberger Renommee-Level 100%michael grasberger Renommee-Level 100%michael grasberger Renommee-Level 100%michael grasberger Renommee-Level 100%michael grasberger Renommee-Level 100%michael grasberger Renommee-Level 100%michael grasberger Renommee-Level 100%
Zitat:
Zitat von Schorni Beitrag anzeigen
Auf welcher Veröffentlichung gibt es z.b. das Medley in sehr guter Qualität?
hast recht. trotzdem kauf ich mir keine dreier-dvd-box, von der mich zwei drittel nicht interessieren. ok, sugar ray robinson könnte ganz amüsant werden, aber der rest? aber vielleicht brennt mir ein netter mensch die elvis parts ja auf eine dvd zusammen? schorni?

"We know that rock'n'roll was not a human invention, that it was the work of the Holy Ghost."
(Nick Tosches)
Alt 14.11.2006, 00:27
gast-20071202
Gast

Ich persönlich bin unglaublich gespannt auf diese Veröffentlichung und verspreche mir tatsächlich eine Menge davon. Für alle Interessierten hier eine kleine Geschichte von jemandem, der an der Box mitgearbeitet hat:

Zitat:
A quick story from my work on the "Elvis Presley: The Ed Sulivan Shows" set:

First, as I've mentioned previously, we were exceptionally fortunate with this release, in that almost everything contained in the original 3 hours of shows was able to be cleared for home video release. As I recall, there were only 2 performances that needed to be substituted, and this tale of one of them is either an indication that the universe is a little more interconnected than it appears at first glance, or at the very least, a fascinating coincidence:

The story goes like this-- Once it became apparent that an act would have to substituted in the third show, we all had a phone conversation in which it was mentioned that it would be nice if we had a stand-up comedy piece in the show, because for whatever reason, there just wasn't much of that in any of the three shows. Well, we had other ideas, as well, and the upshot was that we weren't sure what to use plug the gap, but that I should keep a lookout for a tape to arrive after a few more clips could be screened.

So, after a few days, they sent along the act that had been selected, and I got a marvelous surprise-- it turned out to be one of impressionist Will Jordan's appearances, from June of 1955, which was orginally part of a "Toast of the Town" (the show's title changed to the "Ed Sullivan Show" later that year) episode that was a salute to vaudeville. Now of course, I hardly have to point out that most of these old Sullivan shows haven't been aired since their original broadcast dates... even the TV syndication packages mostly skip over the years that are only available as kinescopes. And although he's justifiably famous for his Ed Sullivan impersonation, most of Will's appearances simply haven't been seen in the intervening years. But as it happened, I knew this bit that Will Jordan was now doing on the tape I was watching. I knew it very well. Not because I'd seen it rerun anywhere... in fact, to my knowledge, it never has been. No, I knew it because I'd heard it before... quite a few times actually...

[By way of background, let me back up for just a moment, and mention that about 2 years ago, I stumbled across something quite unexpectedly, as I was searching for something else online-- a dealer who knew of my bizarre interest in old recordings had picked up a box of old reel-to-reel tapes that were given away at an estate sale, and asked me if I was interested, because they had (to him) a bunch of weird titles on them. Well, I had him read a couple of the weird titles to me, and very carefully tried not to let my jaw drop to the floor as I calmly bought the box containing 40+ reels of tape from him. I'm pretty sure he felt he'd just made an easy $40.00. and (for reasons I'll mention in a moment) I think both of us felt that we'd made quite a deal.]

Now-- as impossible as it seems, there was a time (when many of us were kids), that there was no such thing as a VCR. If you wanted to record your favorite show, you'd have to do what so many of us did at one time or another-- chase everyone out of the room, and sit very quietly, with a tape recorder and a small microphone in your hands, pointed at the TV set. And if you were lucky, when you were done, you'd get a reasonably listenable recording, with only a **little** room echo and the neighbor's barking dogs combined with the show.

But for some people, this wasn't good enough. Many experimented with closing off their recording rooms, or with proper placement of their microphones, all in an effort to minimize room noise. What they overlooked was another option. Grounded jacks. Installed inside their furniture-sized TV cabinets, and hooked in series with their TV speakers. The results, of course, could have been incredible-- once the recorder was plugged into the jack ("in-line"), room noise and echo could not affect the recordings that were being made. Depending on the tape speed and the tape stock being used, a surprisingly high-quality recording would have theoretically been possible.

And of course, the point that any of us who are interested in preserving classic television are concerned with is: Did anyone think of this? Just how early could it have been feasible? And assuming someone did try it, with tape being a releatively expensive commodity back then (the equivalent of about $35-$40 per reel in today's money), what could have survived to the present day?

Well, I can answer a few of those questions now. Yes, someone **did** think of it. He was doing it as early as 1955. And he managed to save over 70 hours of his recordings, spanning from January 1, 1955 through 1958. And I know that, because **that's** what was in the box that I bought from the dealer that I mentioned earlier.

Among those recordings, which preserve a fascinating overview of music and comedy programs of his time, is the soundtrack to the very same 1955 Will Jordan routine that was selected for inclusion in show #3 of the the Elvis DVD set!

When I saw the footage begin to unspool in front of me, I simply couldn't believe my luck at finally seeing the complete sketch. After I then compared the sound quality of the 51-year old reel-to-reel recording to the kinescope's optical soundtrack there wasn't even a question about which source to use for the finished product. And of course, once the finished LiveFeed footage was added, I truly felt as though I was standing over this anonymous recordist's shoulder, in his New Jersey home, watching the same thing that he was capturing with his homemade reel-to-reel set-up, so many years ago. It's a feeling I'll never forget.

I was never able to discover this gentleman's name, and may never be able to find out who he was, but to me, he is truly a pioneer in television preservation. To have done what he did at the time was astounding enough, but to have saved so much of his work over the intervening decades is almost beyond all reasonable imagination.

We owe this man, and the few other pioneers back then that were doing the same thing, an incredible debt of gratitude... because not only did they manage to give us an ever-so-brief glance into what these programs really sounded like, they preserved a fragile and ethereal part of our heritage. In some small way, I hope this release honors their efforts.
Alt 14.11.2006, 00:31
gast-20071202
Gast

Für 22,49 € inkl. Verand gibt's diese 3-DVD-Box übrigens u. a. bei Play.com vorzubestellen. Das ist ungefähr der Preis einer FTD CD, ein fairer Preis, wie ich finde ...
Alt 14.11.2006, 00:47
gast-20071202
Gast

Eine kleine Vorschau, die trotz der verminderten Qualität, die eine Präsentation im Internet nun einmal mit sich bringen, m. E. bereits erahnen lässt, wie die Qualität ist: http://www.artistdirect.com/nad/stor...759467,00.html
Alt 18.11.2006, 11:07
etp etp ist offline
Fühlt sich hier wohl
Themenstarter

etp Renommee-Level 2%etp Renommee-Level 2%
Spinn' ich oder ist mein Eindruck richtig, daß der Sound besser ist als das, was ich bisher aus den Ed Sullivan Shows gehört habe ....!?
Alt 18.11.2006, 11:26
Benutzerbild von Johnny B.
Johnny B. Johnny B. ist offline
Posting-Legende

Johnny B. Renommee-Level 60%Johnny B. Renommee-Level 60%Johnny B. Renommee-Level 60%Johnny B. Renommee-Level 60%Johnny B. Renommee-Level 60%Johnny B. Renommee-Level 60%Johnny B. Renommee-Level 60%Johnny B. Renommee-Level 60%Johnny B. Renommee-Level 60%Johnny B. Renommee-Level 60%Johnny B. Renommee-Level 60%
Johnny B. eine Nachricht über ICQ schicken
Zitat:
Zitat von etp Beitrag anzeigen
Spinn' ich oder ist mein Eindruck richtig, daß der Sound besser ist als das, was ich bisher aus den Ed Sullivan Shows gehört habe ....!?
Wenn sie schon endlich mal ein richtiges Sullivan-Werk machen ist es doch logisch dass bei Bild und Ton auch nochmal das (derzeit mögliche) Maximum herausgeholt wurde. Sonst würde die Box wohl in den Läden verstauben
Alt 19.11.2006, 05:42
Benutzerbild von Johnny B.
Johnny B. Johnny B. ist offline
Posting-Legende

Johnny B. Renommee-Level 60%Johnny B. Renommee-Level 60%Johnny B. Renommee-Level 60%Johnny B. Renommee-Level 60%Johnny B. Renommee-Level 60%Johnny B. Renommee-Level 60%Johnny B. Renommee-Level 60%Johnny B. Renommee-Level 60%Johnny B. Renommee-Level 60%Johnny B. Renommee-Level 60%Johnny B. Renommee-Level 60%
Johnny B. eine Nachricht über ICQ schicken
Zitat:
Zitat von gast-20080904 Beitrag anzeigen
Für 22,49 € inkl. Verand gibt's diese 3-DVD-Box übrigens u. a. bei Play.com vorzubestellen. Das ist ungefähr der Preis einer FTD CD, ein fairer Preis, wie ich finde ...
Das wird aber incl. Versand in USA sein oder?
Antwort

Stichworte
review, shows, sullivan

Themen-Optionen