Kontakt

Hilfe
Heutige Beiträge
Kalender
Benutzerliste
Registrieren
Home

Willkommen im Elvis-Forum.

Du besuchst unser Forum derzeit als Gast, wodurch Du nur eingeschränkten Zugriff auf die meisten Diskussionen, Artikel und unsere anderen FREIEN Features hast. Wenn Du Dich in unserem Forum kostenlos anmeldest, kannst Du eigene Themen erstellen, kannst Dich privat mit anderen Benutzern unterhalten (PN), an Umfragen teilnehmen, eigene Fotos hochladen und viele weitere spezielle Features nutzen.

Die Registrierung ist schnell, einfach und absolut kostenlos! Werde also noch heute Mitglied in unserem Forum!

Wenn Du Probleme bei der Registrierung oder Deinen Zugangsdaten hast, kontaktiere bitte unseren Support.

Navigation
Zurück   Elvis-Forum > Elvis-Forum > Elvis Presley
Elvis Presley Elvis Presley - Nachrichten | Aktuelles | Wissenswertes | Bemerkenswertes
Alles über den King of Rock 'n' Roll

Antwort

Themen-Optionen

Alt 30.08.2006, 20:58
edoep edoep ist offline
Gehört zum Inventar

edoep Renommee-Level 0,4%
Steak, rattle and roll ... Elvis cafe to open in Dubai

Steak, rattle and roll ... Elvis cafe to open in Dubai

By Vikram Singh Barhat, Staff Reporter
Published: 08/13/2006 12:00 AM (UAE)

Dubai: Twenty-nine years after the death of Elvis Presley, his memory lives on and is set to assume a gastronomic dimension in Dubai with its first Elvis-themed restaurant.

Waiters dressed like the rock 'n' roll king will serve diners at the 1,500-square-foot Elvisly Yours restaurant planned at the Mall of Arabia in Dubailand.

Elvisly Yours, owned by London-based Sid Shaw and designed by Ray Hole of RH Architects, will form part of a global chain of restaurant of the same name. However, no opening date has been fixed as yet.

"Elvis is the most famous entertainer in the world and from what I have read, Dubai wants the best of everything, and we believe an Elvisly Yours restaurant there fits the bill," Shaw told Gulf News by telephone.

Excited

Shaw has sold Elvis memorabilia for 26 years while Hole has designed what will be the world's largest shopping mall in Dubai.

The restaurant aims to woo Elvis fans in the Middle East as well as millions of tourists passing through the Gulf's busiest hub.

Mohsin Rawal, 32, an Indian graphic designer who rarely misses Elvis-related events in Dubai, was excited by the idea.

"I fell in love with his music and style during my university days in London. I can't wait to visit the place and enjoy some live Elvis tribute performances."

Briton Rita Campbell, 29, a marketing manager, is looking forward to buying Elvis memorabilia and enjoying karaoke sessions. "I love Elvis's music and it always brings back childhood memories as my father often played Elvis songs when I was growing up.…"

Companies behind the Elvis restaurant project include Simon Gillot (Intoto Design), Ray Hole (RH Architects), Adrian Bates (Guest Bates Partnership) as quantity surveyor, Richard Penfold (DLA Law Firm) and Barry Hilton of Jailhouse Rock the Musical.

Ray said the restaurant's Dubailand spot has not been firmed up, but the company has allocated between Dh7 million to Dh21 million for the restaurant.

Dubai's homegrown Elvis wannabes will be able to take advantage of the restaurant's karaoke sessions while Elvis tribute artistes will also be brought in.

Other quirky design details include seating which will be arranged in the shape of a guitar's fretboard while the soundboard of the guitar will serve as the dance floor or stage for performers. Patrons can hold private parties at the Jungle Room and Blue Suede Heaven suites.

Memorabilia

Every detail about the restaurant will have the "King's" stamp, from the 25-foot high animatronic Elvis of the 50s that will greet diners at the entrance to the interiors which will be awash in Elvis images and memorabilia, as well as the menu.

Some of the dishes on offer will include 'Stuck On You' spicy chicken wings, 'Love Me Tender' steaks, 'King Creole Gumbo', and 'Too Much Monkey Business' dessert.

To Mike Edelson, commercial director of RH Architects, Dubai was one of the obvious choices for the restaurants, in addition to London and Japan.

"Dubai is home to some of the most dramatic architectures. It is an interesting place … a leisure and entertainment-driven city with a diverse mix of cultures and nationalities, just like Elvis's fan following."

quelle: gulfnews.com
http://archive.gulfnews.com/articles.../10059640.html
Alt Alt 30.08.2006, 20:58
Advertising
Werbung

Diese Werbung wird registrierten
Mitgliedern so nicht angezeigt.
Werde noch heute
im Elvis-Forum
Standard Sponsored Links

Antwort

Stichworte