Kontakt

Hilfe
Heutige Beiträge
Kalender
Registrieren
Home

Willkommen im Elvis-Forum.

Du besuchst unser Forum derzeit als Gast, wodurch Du nur eingeschränkten Zugriff auf die meisten Diskussionen, Artikel und unsere anderen FREIEN Features hast. Wenn Du Dich in unserem Forum kostenlos anmeldest, kannst Du eigene Themen erstellen, kannst Dich privat mit anderen Benutzern unterhalten (PN), an Umfragen teilnehmen, eigene Fotos hochladen und viele weitere spezielle Features nutzen.

Die Registrierung ist schnell, einfach und absolut kostenlos! Werde also noch heute Mitglied in unserem Forum!

Wenn Du Probleme bei der Registrierung oder Deinen Zugangsdaten hast, kontaktiere bitte unseren Support.

Navigation
Zurück   Elvis-Forum > Elvis: Dies & Das.... > Seine Familie
Seine Familie Alles über Elvis' Familie, Freunde und Bekannte.

Antwort

Themen-Optionen

Alt 06.03.2006, 14:22
MARIE MARIE ist offline
Posting-Legende

MARIE Renommee-Level 36%MARIE Renommee-Level 36%MARIE Renommee-Level 36%MARIE Renommee-Level 36%MARIE Renommee-Level 36%MARIE Renommee-Level 36%MARIE Renommee-Level 36%MARIE Renommee-Level 36%
kATHY WESTMORELAND:

Charlie
"Behind every great man is a GREAT man"
My precious friend Charlie Hodge passed today. A couple of days ago he called me, left a message on my answering machine. "Bye,Bye,"...then his wife Jennifer,"That was Charlie. Call us back at this number ". I became hysterical, frantically called the number of the hospital and room they had left on the machine. (I had been told days ago not to call, Jennifer asked all to hold their calls as she was swamped, and to wait until she sent word. I couldn't sleep, and called anyway, left a message to tell Charlie I loved him, not to worry about calling me back, That I was "seeing" him every moment....just wait to call when things calmed down.
He called from his hospital room in Knoxville, Tennessee.
I returned the call immediately, and spoke with Jennifer first, who immediately handed the phone to him. He sounded terrific. He assured me that he would "beat this", that he just got exhausted from the treatments. He then went on to tell me all of the wonderful things he thought about me! How typical of Charlie. He saw and brought out the best in everyone who was fortunate enough to share his friendship. It was Charlie who was THE ONLY PERSON WHO LIVED WITH ELVIS DAY-IN-DAY-OUT, MOMENT BY MOMENT. HE WAS THE ONLY PERSON IN THE ENTIRE GROUP OF PEOPLE AROUND ELVIS WHO UNDERSTOOD ELVIS. How ugly it is to me that their misunderstanding of Elvis, their capitalization-motivated stories told to each other, repeated over and over, revised, then repeated again....have become the so-called 'history' of the most beloved person on planet earth.
HE TAUGHT ELVIS TO BE HIMSELF, LET HIS ANGER OUT AS ANY GREAT ARTIST WOULD, AND DIRECT IT TO A PERFORMANCE. ANGER WAS ENERGY...AND IT MADE A BETTER PERFORMANCE. (I had the good fortune of having been born to a most temperamental singer...my father...so Elvis was completely "Normal" to me. I told him when I first met him how much he reminded me of my father. (Freudian, I suppose) IT WAS CHARLIE WHO EXERCISED ELVIS' VOICE 'ROUND THE CLOCK...PLAYING THE PIANO AS ELVIS SANG. He was Elvis' Teacher. Elvis Trusted him more than any person in his circle of associates, who though friends, were of a different "ilk"...just NOT artists, nor had they any understanding or experience with that type of personality. Plus, they had much more limited conversational exchanges with Elvis...CHARLIE WAS AN EXTENSION OF ELVIS...and without Charlie, Elvis would not have achieved the greatness he did. The talent was there...Charlie Brought it out of him, not only with Understanding, but by adding his great talents to Elvis'. His vocal, instrumental,and vast knowledge of every aspect of "show business", and knowledge of multiple genres/feels and styles of music.
IT WAS CHARLIE WHO (having had his own group and tv/radio show in the fifties ---the Foggy River Boys) UNDERSTOOD THE ARTIST IN ELVIS, WHO TAUGHT ELVIS HOW TO PACE A SHOW. When he recorded duets with Elvis, one could not tell the voices apart. He matched Elvis so perfectly. He taught Elvis just what song would work where in order to raise the excitement of an audience, then to control the audience by doing a number that would calm things down. CHARLIE WAS THE ONLY PERSON WHO KNEW,...YES...REALLY KNEW ELVIS, UNDERSTOOD HIM, ALLOWED HIM TO "BE" HIMSELF; "Go into a rage if you want...use me as your kicking board, just let the artistic emotions in you out, Elvis!" I can still hear him. HE WAS THE ONLY PERSON WHO LAUGHED, RATHER THAN GETTING THEIR FEELINGS HURT WHEN ELVIS LET HIS EMOTIONS SHOW. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THE OTHERS THOUGHT ELVIS WAS INSANE,...BUT THEY HAD NO UNDERSTANDING OF ARTISTS, NOR OF THEIR TEMPERAMENT. ..THEIR NEED TO SCREAM, LAUGH, CRY...NOT TO FEAR EMOTION. Charlie taught me to "remember not to think , just BE...Let your desires be your inspirations, and 'IT BE-COMES YOU'. If there had been no Charlie, who never, never let Elvis down...not once, there would not have been the Elvis who touched all of our lives. Elvis probably would have been heard, but certainly not developed his gifts to such extraordinary heights had Charlie not been his best friend. Charlie and I recalled a time when someone called him offstage for a minute, and Elvis said, "Charlie, when I glanced back there and you weren't there,...I panicked. I don't EVER want to do a show without you right with me EVER AGAIN." I am laughing now. If there is a "dimension" up or out there where people meet when they leave this physical body, I'll bet Elvis is finally happy at this moment. Perhaps someday they'll share this day's conversations with me? I am so envious to think they perhaps have the answers to all of the questions we pondered, attempted to puzzle out, only to realize that as Charlie said, "It's time to stop now...rest our minds...", and then he'd quote a Scripture,..."All knowledge is vain". Elvis and I and Charlie knew the answers must be there, or we wouldn't have the questions. We almost drove ourselves into total exhaustion while "thinking", then refreshed ourselves by just practicing quieting our minds, and just going blank, just "feeling".
He (Charlie) said, "Kathy, don't worry about me! Worry just saps your energy. Let's "see in our mind's eye...you and I performing together all over the world, and it shall be so". Jennifer positive in her attitude, said, "Don't worry about Charlie! He's doing so much better. We'll be going home."We made a deal near the end of our conversation. I can't see how that's possible now, but somehow....I know we ARE together.
When I got the message this afternoon that he passed away, I went into a rage, cried, fell on my knees, assumed the "meditation position" he and Elvis and I practiced, then REAL-"EYES-ED"...Charlie did not want me to cry for long. He wants me to BE STILL...AND KNOW...
When he became tired and weaker after talking, laughing, and we said our last "bye-bye"...I just told him, "REST...We'll talk soon, and keep visualizing ourselves together....and it WILL BE-COME US."
I love you, CHARLES,
Minnie Mouse

ForJennifer, Mrs. Charles Hodge,
Please know that I am thinking now of you, keeping you in the light, as you journey through this difficult time.I look so forward to seeing you face to face, in person. You are loved by me, because Charlie loved you, and you loved him so.
Love,
Kathy
Alt Alt 06.03.2006, 14:22
Advertising
Werbung

Diese Werbung wird registrierten
Mitgliedern so nicht angezeigt.
Werde noch heute
im Elvis-Forum
Standard Sponsored Links

Alt 06.03.2006, 14:49
Benutzerbild von Sivle
Sivle Sivle ist offline
Gehört zum Inventar

Sivle Renommee-Level 26%Sivle Renommee-Level 26%Sivle Renommee-Level 26%Sivle Renommee-Level 26%Sivle Renommee-Level 26%Sivle Renommee-Level 26%
Ich bin geschockt, da ich wirklich geglaubt habe, dass Charlie es schaffen würde.
Elvis und Charlie waren schon ein ganz besonderes Paar.
Rest in Peace, Charlie!
Alt 06.03.2006, 15:06
Benutzerbild von burroughs
burroughs burroughs ist offline
Board-Legende

burroughs Renommee-Level 100%burroughs Renommee-Level 100%burroughs Renommee-Level 100%burroughs Renommee-Level 100%burroughs Renommee-Level 100%burroughs Renommee-Level 100%burroughs Renommee-Level 100%burroughs Renommee-Level 100%burroughs Renommee-Level 100%burroughs Renommee-Level 100%burroughs Renommee-Level 100%
It saddens me to report that Charlie Hodge passed away last Friday night.
I am aware that most of you have already received this news, however, I
personally wanted to wait until now before I sent out this sad announcement to you.

Charlie became a background vocalist, and rhythm guitarist for Elvis, and was
also known as the man who gave Elvis his water, and scarves on stage. He worked with Elvis for 17 years, and also lived at Graceland during their friendship.

Charlie, and his wife lovely Jennifer were very dear friends of mine. Although
aware of Charlie's illness...out of respect for both of them, I chose not to
publicly speak about Charlie's battle with cancer, and was so hoping that he
would be able to fight the battle. Even through these sad times, Charlie still
manages to bring a smile to my face as I recall the shows, dinner, laughs, and
fun time we shared. Thank you for all those fond memories Charlie, I will
treasure them forever. May you rest in peace my friend...you were such a joy to know.

My sincerest, and deepest sympathies are extended to Jennifer, and to ALL of you who knew Charlie Hodge.

Charlie Hodge ~
Charlie Hodge, age 71, of Sevierville, Tenn., died Friday, March 3, 2006,
at Fort Sanders Regional in Knoxville, Tenn. He was born and raised in
Decatur. Charlie’s love of music and comedy led him to a long career of singing
with quartets, one of the first included Bill Gaither and Charlie’s own
quartet, The Foggy River Boys. Charlie entered the Army with Elvis Presley and they became good friends. He worked for Elvis and lived in Graceland for 17 years. After Elvis’ death, Charlie continued to perform in shows dedicated to Elvis’ memory. For the past 15 years, Charlie performed at Memories Theatre in Pigeon Forge, Tenn., and also traveled the world sharing Elvis stories speaking and performing.
He was preceded in death by his parents, George and Mattie P. Hodge.
Survivors include his loving wife, Jennifer Hodge; one sister, Margie
Poteet of Somerville; one nephew, Lyle Poteet of Somerville; one great-niece,
Caitlin Poteet; one cousin, Sedema Poole and several other cousins.
The family will receive friends tonight from 5 to 8 at Atchley Funeral
Home in Sevierville, Tenn.
Funeral service will be Tuesday, March 7, 2006, at 2 p.m. at Roselawn
Funeral Home in Decatur. Burial will follow in New Friendship Baptist Church
Cemetery. The family will receive friends Monday from 5 to 8 p.m. at the
funeral home. In lieu of flowers, the family requests that you make donations to your favorite charity in Charlie’s memory.
Published in the Decatur Daily on 3/5/2006.

To view, and sign Charlie's Guest Book, please visit:
http://www.legacy.com/decaturdaily/Guestbook.asp Page=GuestBook&PersonID=16921354

His Journey's Just Begun
Don't think of him as gone away--
his journey has just begun,
life holds many facets--
the Earth is only one.

Just think of him as resting
from the sorrows and the tears
in a place of warmth and comfort
where there are no days and years.

Think how he must be wishing
that we could know today
how nothing but our sadness
can really pass away.

And think of him as living
In the hearts of those he touched...
For nothing loved is ever lost--
And he was loved so much.

- Ellen Brenneman

Your condolences may also be sent to:
Jennifer Hodge
Memories Theatre
2141 Parkway
Pigeon Forge, TN 37863

quelle: Kathleen A. DeNike, Collingwood Elvis club
Alt 06.03.2006, 16:12
Benutzerbild von joshua777
joshua777 joshua777 ist offline
Kommt langsam in Fahrt

joshua777 Renommee-Level 0,4%
joshua777 eine Nachricht über Yahoo! schicken
Charlie Hodge

ich kann es immer noch nicht glauben das Charlie nicht mehr unter uns ist...aber jetzt ist er bei Gott und bei Elvis...möge er in Frieden ruhen.
Alt 06.03.2006, 17:38
MARIE MARIE ist offline
Posting-Legende

MARIE Renommee-Level 36%MARIE Renommee-Level 36%MARIE Renommee-Level 36%MARIE Renommee-Level 36%MARIE Renommee-Level 36%MARIE Renommee-Level 36%MARIE Renommee-Level 36%MARIE Renommee-Level 36%
EPE meldet sich:

Charlie Hodge, Loyal Longtime Friend of Elvis, Dies at 71 3/6/2006
Charlie Hodge, longtime friend of Elvis Presley, EPE and Elvis fans worldwide, died Friday, March 3, 2006 after a bout with cancer. He was 71.

Elvis and Charlie met early on their careers when Charlie was singing with group called The Foggy River Boys. They met again in 1958 when both were shipping out to Germany for service in the U.S. Army. Charlie and Joe Esposito, a fellow service man Elvis met while stationed in Germany, joined Elvis's personal staff after their duty was up. Charlie appeared in several of Elvis's movies in the 1960s, joined Elvis on stage in his triumphant 1968 TV special, and appeared with Elvis on stage throughout the "concert era" of 1969 to 1977, playing rhythm guitar and providing harmony vocals and serving as Elvis's general assistant on stage, handing him his water and scarves, cueing songs and so forth. Through the years, Charlie also worked with Elvis on his self-taught vocal training.

Charlie will be remembered for his talents, his gentlemanliness, his humor, and for his absolute loyalty to his friend, Elvis Presley. We have lost one of the good guys.

Funeral services are at 2:00 PM tomorrow, Tuesday, March 7 at Rose Lawn Funeral Home, 741 Danville RD Decatur, Alabama 35601. Phone (256) 353-2996. Visitation is tonight 5:00 PM - 8:00 PM. In lieu of flowers, the family requests that one make a donation to one's favorite charity in Charlie’s memory.

Click here to see an article in Charlie's hometown newspaper.

We regret not posting this acknowledgement of Charlie's passing sooner, but the news came after business hours at Graceland/EPE on Friday. Our staff who handle news postings did not have computer access over the weekend. Thus, this posting comes first thing Monday morning.
Alt 06.03.2006, 19:33
MissClawdy
Gast

Man kann bei EPE die Aufregung gar nicht verstehen. Guckt mal was einer von den Angestellten da geschrieben hat:

Zitat:
No need to have been so nasty.

We posted in News on Elvis.com first thing this morning because our staff who post in News did not have computer access over the weekend and news of Charlie's passing came on Friday night after business hours. Simple as that. Here's a direct link:
http://www.elvis.com/news/full_story.asp?id=973
Schon mal was von High Speed Communication gehört? Bei 4 Milliarden Umsatz im Jahr sollte das machbar sein, auch für EPE. Was meint ihr?

CHARLIE HAT ES VERDIENT!
Alt 06.03.2006, 19:41
MARIE MARIE ist offline
Posting-Legende

Zitat:
Zitat von MissClawdy
Man kann bei EPE die Aufregung gar nicht verstehen. Guckt mal was einer von den Angestellten da geschrieben hat:

Schon mal was von High Speed Communication gehört? Bei 4 Milliarden Umsatz im Jahr sollte das machbar sein, auch für EPE. Was meint ihr?

CHARLIE HAT ES VERDIENT!

Ja man kann froh sein das die überhaupt was geschrieben haben!Kann mich nicht aufregen die sind nur hinter Geld her war schon immer!
Alt 06.03.2006, 19:51
MARIE MARIE ist offline
Posting-Legende

Von: Larry Geller - Profil anzeigen
Datum: Mo 6 Mär. 2006 19:48
E-Mail: Larry Geller <g...@earthlink.net>
Gruppen: alt.elvis.king
Not yet rated
Bewertung:
Optionen anzeigen

Ironically, I was at the Hilton Hotel in Las Vegas when I received the
very sad news about Charlie. Elvis considered him a close and trusted
friend and coworker, and Elvis would be among the mourners today if he
were still alive.

The only bright spot for me personally is that I had the chance to speak
with Charlie two days before we lost him. He called me on Wednesday,
and we had a warm and wonderful conversation. He was in his typical
good humor, although I could hear in his voice that all was not well
with him. He knew that fans around the world cared about him and were
praying for his recovery. I feel blessed that I had this opportunity to
talk to Charlie so close to the end, and to tell him that I loved him.

Larry
Alt 08.03.2006, 12:38
MARIE MARIE ist offline
Posting-Legende

So langsam bekommt man zuviel,überall Charlie Hodge....und jetzt steigen anscheinend auch die Preisen für sein Buch! Ich habe damals ungefähr 15 Mark bezahlt Bei Amazon com.:

Me 'N Elvis by Charlie Hodge and Charles Goodman (Paperback - Aug 1984)
Books: See all 11 items
Used & new from $911.23
Alt 08.03.2006, 18:44
Benutzerbild von Sivle
Sivle Sivle ist offline
Gehört zum Inventar

Sivle Renommee-Level 26%Sivle Renommee-Level 26%Sivle Renommee-Level 26%Sivle Renommee-Level 26%Sivle Renommee-Level 26%Sivle Renommee-Level 26%
Zitat:
Elvis would be among the mourners today if he
were still alive.
Das glaube ich auch. Ich denke auch, dass er alles Mögliche in die Wege geleitet hätte, damit Charlie die beste medizinische Behandlung bekommen hätte.
Antwort

Stichworte
charlie, gestorben, hodge