Kontakt

Hilfe
Heutige Beiträge
Kalender
Registrieren
Home

Willkommen im Elvis-Forum.

Du besuchst unser Forum derzeit als Gast, wodurch Du nur eingeschränkten Zugriff auf die meisten Diskussionen, Artikel und unsere anderen FREIEN Features hast. Wenn Du Dich in unserem Forum kostenlos anmeldest, kannst Du eigene Themen erstellen, kannst Dich privat mit anderen Benutzern unterhalten (PN), an Umfragen teilnehmen, eigene Fotos hochladen und viele weitere spezielle Features nutzen.

Die Registrierung ist schnell, einfach und absolut kostenlos! Werde also noch heute Mitglied in unserem Forum!

Wenn Du Probleme bei der Registrierung oder Deinen Zugangsdaten hast, kontaktiere bitte unseren Support.

Navigation
Zurück   Elvis-Forum > Elvis-Forum > Elvis Presley
Elvis Presley Elvis Presley - Nachrichten | Aktuelles | Wissenswertes | Bemerkenswertes
Alles über den King of Rock 'n' Roll

Antwort

Themen-Optionen

Alt 20.05.2009, 22:37
Benutzerbild von brandalarm
brandalarm brandalarm ist offline
Gehört zum Inventar

brandalarm Renommee-Level 80%brandalarm Renommee-Level 80%brandalarm Renommee-Level 80%brandalarm Renommee-Level 80%brandalarm Renommee-Level 80%brandalarm Renommee-Level 80%brandalarm Renommee-Level 80%brandalarm Renommee-Level 80%brandalarm Renommee-Level 80%brandalarm Renommee-Level 80%brandalarm Renommee-Level 80%
brandalarm eine Nachricht über ICQ schicken
Off-Topic:

Zitat:
Zitat von TheKing Beitrag anzeigen
hotchick Brandy
oller Plödmann.

Alt Alt 20.05.2009, 22:37
Advertising
Werbung

Diese Werbung wird registrierten
Mitgliedern so nicht angezeigt.
Werde noch heute
im Elvis-Forum
Standard Sponsored Links

Alt 20.05.2009, 23:08
Benutzerbild von praytome
praytome praytome ist offline
Gehört zum Inventar

praytome Renommee-Level 26%praytome Renommee-Level 26%praytome Renommee-Level 26%praytome Renommee-Level 26%praytome Renommee-Level 26%praytome Renommee-Level 26%praytome Renommee-Level 26%
Zitat:
Cat, this (the link our hotchick Brandy just posted) is the thread we had..this was a heavy one...there you find the whole headake we had with this...we tried to find out what Elvis earned, where the money went and so on...I´d rather would think that maybe it really was like you just mentioned in your Posting...maybe he was nearly broke....I think it could fit in the picture quite good...

But I can`t proove my thoughts with hard facts and so I learned to keep more or less my mouth shut. One could think that the document you showed here would be proove enough, but this list was part of the monsterthread and and it didn´t end the topic...very much dynamite in this one...
spitze das rechtfertig jede mühe..danke...
übrigens hatte ich überlegt wie ich drauf antworten sollte
hätte ich nicht besser gekonnt ...genauer gesagt hätte ich es gar nicht so gekonnt

"My Years With Elvis And The Colonel" by Charles Stone
Alt 20.05.2009, 23:11
Benutzerbild von TheKing
TheKing TheKing ist offline
Board-Legende

TheKing Renommee-Level 100%TheKing Renommee-Level 100%TheKing Renommee-Level 100%TheKing Renommee-Level 100%TheKing Renommee-Level 100%TheKing Renommee-Level 100%TheKing Renommee-Level 100%TheKing Renommee-Level 100%TheKing Renommee-Level 100%TheKing Renommee-Level 100%TheKing Renommee-Level 100%
I do not know nothing about Elvis, but damn shure I would like to know...
Alt 21.05.2009, 00:03
gast-20090821
Gast

Zitat:
Cat, this (the link our hotchick Brandy just posted) is the thread we had..this was a heavy one...there you find the whole headake we had with this...we tried to find out what Elvis earned, where the money went and so on...I´d rather would think that maybe it really was like you just mentioned in your Posting...maybe he was nearly broke....I think it could fit in the picture quite good...

But I can`t proove my thoughts with hard facts and so I learned to keep more or less my mouth shut. One could think that the document you showed here would be proove enough, but this list was part of the monsterthread and and it didn´t end the topic...very much dynamite in this one...
I apologise that a similar topic had been posted, and tried to read some pages of this thread, but (if my German is good enough) it seems that no questions were answered with substantial proof.

But it is not that difficult to realise that Elvis was nearly broke, let me give you some examples:

Elvis had to sell his royalties of his back catalogue to RCA (to settle the divorce). Really, why would he ever do this if he had sufficient cash in the bank...I even think Ernst mentioned this in his book that Elvis was short of money already in 1973...

1977 - Vernon had to accept an offer for a live CBS TV special .. because they needed the money badly....and that was only a few months before Elvis died.

Anyone realized how awful it must have been for Elvis to be on National TV since his Aloha Show and felt and looked real bad....

Money was not the only answer, because Elvis just love to perform for a live audience. However, to do so and to keep on going, was getting more diffiicul....he had so many people to support at Graceland, it just got too much.

But to come back to the original question, yes..look at the bank statement, he was nearly broke.

Why do you think that EPE went after Ginger's mother (mortgage) and other people's financial "arrangements" who got money from Elvis. The main reason was because there was not enough money to rescue Graceland from bankruptcy. They needed to collect EVERY penny they could get.

And to answer the question : how much money did Elvis make - is not easy because 1 million $ in 1956 is much more than 1 $ m in 1977, so if you use the correction for consumer inflation (price consumer index) and extrapolate his earnings through all the years it has been estimated that he earned in total approx 240 m $ - this estimation is befor tax.

Seems like a lot of money - and it sure is - but if you look at what Elvis fans are spending in total at Graceland and Memphis on a yearly base - they spend like 170 M $ a year (split: Graceland 40-45 m $ / Memphis City: 125 m $ yearly)...

Now how much did Elvis spent...well pretty much all he earned !
Die folgenden Nutzer bedankten sich bei für diesen Beitrag:
Alt 21.05.2009, 00:09
Gehört zum Inventar

praytome Renommee-Level 26%praytome Renommee-Level 26%praytome Renommee-Level 26%praytome Renommee-Level 26%praytome Renommee-Level 26%praytome Renommee-Level 26%praytome Renommee-Level 26%
you don´t have to apologise

but i have to apologise that we have discussed that deeply and flaming a few times.... search for the pleite thread....

Alt 21.05.2009, 00:12
Benutzerbild von Circle G
Circle G Circle G ist offline
Board-Legende

Circle G Renommee-Level 60%Circle G Renommee-Level 60%Circle G Renommee-Level 60%Circle G Renommee-Level 60%Circle G Renommee-Level 60%Circle G Renommee-Level 60%Circle G Renommee-Level 60%Circle G Renommee-Level 60%Circle G Renommee-Level 60%Circle G Renommee-Level 60%Circle G Renommee-Level 60%
Zitat:
Zitat von praytome Beitrag anzeigen
spitze ... genauer gesagt hätte ich es gar nicht so gekonnt
Warum taucht eigentlich bei Elvis' Nachlassaufstellung bei den Firmenanteilen All Star Shows nicht auf, wo Du doch behauptet hast, Elvis besäße Anteile daran? Es scheint damit widerlegt zu sein. Vielleicht solltest Du Dich demnächst mal an wirkliche Experten halten.

Geändert von Circle G (21.05.2009 um 00:16 Uhr)
Alt 21.05.2009, 00:18
Benutzerbild von TheKing
Board-Legende

TheKing Renommee-Level 100%TheKing Renommee-Level 100%TheKing Renommee-Level 100%TheKing Renommee-Level 100%TheKing Renommee-Level 100%TheKing Renommee-Level 100%TheKing Renommee-Level 100%TheKing Renommee-Level 100%TheKing Renommee-Level 100%TheKing Renommee-Level 100%TheKing Renommee-Level 100%
Yes, I would say, that these reasons make sense. I would agree to that. It seems to be the picture.

After many years thinking about Elvis and his bitter end, I found out for me personally that we the fans sometimes don`t want to realize that Elvis career wasn´t really going too well in terms of record sales in the later years...why he should sell his back catalog, when not really needing the money? That really is a good argument...the money and the sucsess came back when he died....but before he died it was all going down...I think that you are right, Cat. This may be the sad truth...
Alt 21.05.2009, 00:30
Benutzerbild von TheKing
Board-Legende

Oder beantwortet die Frage, warum Elvis seinen Backkatalog verkauft, wenn er ja Geld wie Heu hat überall?
Alt 21.05.2009, 00:35
Gehört zum Inventar

habe ich gross und breit ...er erwartete das cilla ihn auszieht
in kurzform

ich sags dir ich fang nicht nochmal an

Alt 21.05.2009, 00:41
Benutzerbild von Circle G
Circle G Circle G ist offline
Board-Legende

Circle G Renommee-Level 60%Circle G Renommee-Level 60%Circle G Renommee-Level 60%Circle G Renommee-Level 60%Circle G Renommee-Level 60%Circle G Renommee-Level 60%Circle G Renommee-Level 60%Circle G Renommee-Level 60%Circle G Renommee-Level 60%Circle G Renommee-Level 60%Circle G Renommee-Level 60%
Zitat:
Zitat von praytome Beitrag anzeigen
... er erwartete das cilla ihn auszieht ...
Schwachsinn! Dann hätte er ja immer noch verkaufen können, wenn es zu einer nachteiligen Einigung
gekommen wäre. Aber vorher schon, auf Verdacht? So blöd kann Elvis nicht gewesen sein ...

Stichworte
1977, almost, bankrupt