Kontakt

Hilfe
Heutige Beiträge
Kalender
Registrieren
Home

Willkommen im Elvis-Forum.

Du besuchst unser Forum derzeit als Gast, wodurch Du nur eingeschränkten Zugriff auf die meisten Diskussionen, Artikel und unsere anderen FREIEN Features hast. Wenn Du Dich in unserem Forum kostenlos anmeldest, kannst Du eigene Themen erstellen, kannst Dich privat mit anderen Benutzern unterhalten (PN), an Umfragen teilnehmen, eigene Fotos hochladen und viele weitere spezielle Features nutzen.

Die Registrierung ist schnell, einfach und absolut kostenlos! Werde also noch heute Mitglied in unserem Forum!

Wenn Du Probleme bei der Registrierung oder Deinen Zugangsdaten hast, kontaktiere bitte unseren Support.

Navigation
Zurück   Elvis-Forum > Elvis-Forum > Elvis Presley
Elvis Presley Elvis Presley - Nachrichten | Aktuelles | Wissenswertes | Bemerkenswertes
Alles über den King of Rock 'n' Roll

Antwort

Themen-Optionen

Alt 07.09.2009, 19:53
PatrickVaals PatrickVaals ist offline
Gehört zum Inventar

PatrickVaals Renommee-Level 2%PatrickVaals Renommee-Level 2%
Review auf der elvisnews site:

Showroom Internationale 1971

By ElvisNews.com/ Lex, Sep 6, 2009
International recently released a book with 2CDs or should I say 2CDs in a book focusing on Elvis first engagement in Las Vegas during 1971.
Design

The design is beautiful! A 90+ pages hardcover book in a box, filled with both full color (the majority) and black and white pictures of The King on stage, backstage and on candid shots. Furthermore there are many memorabilia present to give it a finish touch. There are some pictures that are of such poor quality that I would personally have left them out, but for completeness’ sake…
The liner notes are called an essay by the produces, and rightfully so. It is well researched and a pleasant read while listening to the shows.
Both CDs are picture CDs, with a shot of E on stage.
Content

The content of the CDs that is. The first is filled with the January 28 show midnite show, previously released by Fort Baxter as Lean, Mean and Kickin’ Butt. What can I say? If the source isn’t too good it is hard to make a great sounding CD. The FB release was a bit thin sound wise, this one is very full. For that reason some songs sound better, but on some tracks – especially the songs with a lot of bass like Polk Salad Annie, You’ve Lost That Lovin’ Feelin’ and Suspicious Minds – it creates such a wall of sound that it gets irritating in my ears. A big pro of this first CD is that the producers the rarities of the engagement like Only Believe, Snowbird, There Goes My Everything and Make The World Go Away.
The second show (February 23, D.S.) sounds much better. It’s a bit thin in the beginning, but that’s something you get used too. Elvis’ voice is very upfront. It is understandable that By The Time I Get To Phoenix is mentioned, but it is very short… probably referring to a paternity suit. A frantic version of Mystery Train/ Tiger Man is one of the highlights in my ears and it is great to have Polk Salad slower again (and listenable because of the sound). Bridge Over Troubled Water get a nice treatment, but Elvis wasn’t as tight as in 1970 with the song. It can also be because he was having problems… he mentioned he had a flue and indeed his voice sounds a bit rough every now and then. It’s a pity that the show wasn’t complete and the producers spliced it with the January 28 D.S. (Suspicious Minds) and added The Impossible Dream from that same show to get a “complete” show.
Conclusion

The package alone is worth buying, disregarding what’s on the CDs. So it is very welcome that the second CD is more than enjoyable

Tracklisting

Disc One: January 28, 1971 Midnight show

1. 2001 Theme
2. That’s All Right
3. I Got A Woman
4. Love Me Tender
5. You Don’t Have To Say You Love Me
6. Sweet Caroline
7. You’ve Lost That Lovin’ Feeling
8. Polk Salad Annie
9. Introductions (Part 1)
10. Johnny B. Goode
11. Introductions (Part 2)
12. Something
13. Introductions (Part 3)
14. The Wonder Of You
15. Heartbreak Hotel
16. Blue Suede Shoes
17. Hound Dog
18. One Night
19. Teddy Bear
20. Suspicious Minds
21. Instrumental
22. The Impossible Dream
Bonus tracks

23. There Goes My Everything (Jan 27 MS)
24. Make The World Go Away (Jan 27 MS)
25. Only Believe (Jan 27 MS)
26. It’s Now Or Never (Jan 28 DS)
27. Snowbird (Jan 29 DS)
Disc 2: February 23, 1971 Dinner Show

1. 2001 Theme
2. That’s All Right
3. I Got A Woman/By The Time I Get To Phoenix
4. Love Me Tender (Intro Only)/ Love Me
5. Mystery Train/Tiger Man
6. Sweet Caroline
7. You’ve Lost That Lovin’ Feeling
8. Polk Salad Annie
9. Something
10. Johnny B. Goode
11. How Great Thou Art
12. Don’t Be Cruel
13. Heartbreak Hotel
14. Blue Suede Shoes
15. Bride Over Troubled Water
16. Little Sister/Get Back
17. Hound Dog
18. Suspicious Minds (Spliced with Jan 28 DS)
19. The Impossible Dream (Jan 28 DS)
Die folgenden 2 Nutzer bedankten sich bei PatrickVaals für diesen Beitrag:
Alt Alt 07.09.2009, 19:53
Advertising
Werbung

Diese Werbung wird registrierten
Mitgliedern so nicht angezeigt.
Werde noch heute
im Elvis-Forum
Standard Sponsored Links

Antwort

Stichworte