Kontakt

Hilfe
Heutige Beiträge
Kalender
Registrieren
Home

Willkommen im Elvis-Forum.

Du besuchst unser Forum derzeit als Gast, wodurch Du nur eingeschränkten Zugriff auf die meisten Diskussionen, Artikel und unsere anderen FREIEN Features hast. Wenn Du Dich in unserem Forum kostenlos anmeldest, kannst Du eigene Themen erstellen, kannst Dich privat mit anderen Benutzern unterhalten (PN), an Umfragen teilnehmen, eigene Fotos hochladen und viele weitere spezielle Features nutzen.

Die Registrierung ist schnell, einfach und absolut kostenlos! Werde also noch heute Mitglied in unserem Forum!

Wenn Du Probleme bei der Registrierung oder Deinen Zugangsdaten hast, kontaktiere bitte unseren Support.

Navigation
Zurück   Elvis-Forum > Elvis-Forum > Elvis Presley
Elvis Presley Elvis Presley - Nachrichten | Aktuelles | Wissenswertes | Bemerkenswertes
Alles über den King of Rock 'n' Roll

Antwort

Themen-Optionen

Alt 25.05.2009, 00:58
Benutzerbild von praytome
praytome praytome ist offline
Gehört zum Inventar

praytome Renommee-Level 26%praytome Renommee-Level 26%praytome Renommee-Level 26%praytome Renommee-Level 26%praytome Renommee-Level 26%praytome Renommee-Level 26%praytome Renommee-Level 26%
du darum ging es gar nicht
ich glaube dessen bin ich mir aber auch circle wohl bewusst...

"My Years With Elvis And The Colonel" by Charles Stone
Alt Alt 25.05.2009, 00:58
Advertising
Werbung

Diese Werbung wird registrierten
Mitgliedern so nicht angezeigt.
Werde noch heute
im Elvis-Forum
Standard Sponsored Links

Alt 25.05.2009, 01:00
gast-20090722
Gast

Zitat:
Zitat von praytome Beitrag anzeigen
du darum ging es gar nicht
ok, dann sollte ich den thread mal ganz lesen...sorry

ok, englisch...eh schon verloren...steht ja auch im englisch bereich, ich depp da sollte ich mich besser raushalten
Alt 25.05.2009, 12:16
Benutzerbild von burroughs
burroughs burroughs ist offline
Board-Legende

burroughs Renommee-Level 100%burroughs Renommee-Level 100%burroughs Renommee-Level 100%burroughs Renommee-Level 100%burroughs Renommee-Level 100%burroughs Renommee-Level 100%burroughs Renommee-Level 100%burroughs Renommee-Level 100%burroughs Renommee-Level 100%burroughs Renommee-Level 100%burroughs Renommee-Level 100%
ich nehme dann mal lösung 1.. wurzelfurz

Alt 12.06.2009, 03:06
phyllis phyllis ist offline
Stammuser

phyllis Renommee-Level 0,4%
phyllis eine Nachricht über Yahoo! schicken
Amazing Grace

Thank you for Sharing Sandi Miller's story. I love reading stories from the people who knew and respected him.

Zitat:
Zitat von MARIE Beitrag anzeigen
Sandy Miller the story Elvis told about the history behind the song Amazing Grace?
Palm Springs - Sept 72

>>After finishing up several hours of singing -- mostly upbeat stuff, other singers, etc. the last hour was strictly gospel which of course is my favorite
type of song to watch him sing. Tonight was different - because after finishing Amazing Grace he asked if we knew the story behind that song. Heck, I don't know the story behind any song but I'm all ears!

As only Elvis can tell a story ... complete with total drama and hand gestures, he starts talking about some guy (John something) who back in the 1700's was a slave trader - hauling men and women and children from Africa to be sold as slaves. He mistreated his captives and generally was not a very nice guy. He was captain of his own ship. On one of the trips his ship hit a terrible storm and the ship was looking like it was going to go down - human cargo, crew - right to the bottom of the ocean. The storm made him look back at his life and all the misery he had caused to others over the years and he prayed to God to spare him and all onboard. Since his prayers were answered and his ship and all on board were spared, he decided to devote the rest of his life to the church and to writing religious hymns.

Amazing Grace was one of those songs only it was called something else when he wrote it....Faith's Review.... or something like that...later renamed Amazing Grace.

Elvis said it was sung by both sides of the Civil War, it was sung by the civil rights protesters - he listed several other times it has been used as a song that heals the heart and soul . Pretty profound (but then I'm easily impressed) Normally I'm never sure if he's pulling my leg with his stories but I got the impression he wasn't making this one up - there was something in his eyes as he was telling it and he was too intense.>>
Antwort

Stichworte
amazing, behind, grace, story