Einzelnen Beitrag anzeigen
Alt 09.01.2009, 10:11
Benutzerbild von Didi
Didi Didi ist offline
Gehört zum Inventar

Didi Renommee-Level 26%Didi Renommee-Level 26%Didi Renommee-Level 26%Didi Renommee-Level 26%Didi Renommee-Level 26%Didi Renommee-Level 26%Didi Renommee-Level 26%
Bill Black And DJ Fontana Inducted To Hall Of Fame

Bill Black and DJ Fontana will be inducted to Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame according to an update on the Official Scotty Moore website. The news should be announced officially next week.

The webmaster added the following update to Scotty Moore's website:
I received an email from Louis Black today, Bill's nephew asking if I had heard about this. I hadn't but asked if it was ok with him to share this info with the fans.

The following is an email he forwarded to me that he wrote to Bill's daughter Nancy:

I have some wonderful news to share with you. Today, I got a call at my office from the President of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Foundation, Mr. Joel Presman.

The foundation is headquartered in New York City. Mr Presman said that "Bill Black is going to be inducted into The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame" !!!!!!

He got my name from Howard Kramer, the Curatorial Director at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Museum in Cleveland, OH.

Mr Kramer had contacted Alan and I, soon after our Dad passed away, about us allowing the museum to borrow the violins, that Dad left us, to put on display.

Mr. Peresman wanted to speak to one of Bill Black's children and he asked me which one he should speak to.

I told him, "Nancy is who you need to speak to first and then you guys can go from there".

I am thrilled that Uncle Bill is "finally" going to be recognized !!!

Please give me a call

Regards,

Louis Jr.

I heard from Nancy since as well, it has been confirmed and will be announced officially next week that both Bill and DJ will be inducted. Scotty Moore was inducted to the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame in 2000.

Source: elvisnews.com