Thema: Smith, Myrna
Einzelnen Beitrag anzeigen
Alt 27.07.2010, 11:35
Benutzerbild von cos
cos cos ist offline
Board-Legende

cos Renommee-Level 100%cos Renommee-Level 100%cos Renommee-Level 100%cos Renommee-Level 100%cos Renommee-Level 100%cos Renommee-Level 100%cos Renommee-Level 100%cos Renommee-Level 100%cos Renommee-Level 100%cos Renommee-Level 100%cos Renommee-Level 100%
Update...per Mail
Zitat:

27-07-2010
Myrna Smith UPDATE

Dear Elvis Fans:

Please share this Email with other fans & fan clubs. I've tried to add Email addresses from your cards, forgive me I missed some.

For those who don't know, in addition to undergoing dialysis, Myrna had a stroke. I visited Myrna 7/25/10 & I'm so pleased to tell you I see an improvement, she looks better, is stronger & more alert & her speech is better than a couple of weeks ago. She is receiving therapy which she will need to continue for some time.

Myrna asked me to thank all the wonderful fans for the cards, notes, pictures, love & prayers she has received from all over the world, it has really helped her. To those who sent flowers, Myrna has enjoyed them & says thank you. For those who have asked Myrna to sign things, please understand that because of the stroke, she is not able to right now. Her friend Diane & I have read her every card & note & she has looked at all of them.

TCB: Several people asked if Myrna needs help with medical expenses. I talked with Myrna & she said that if anyone asked, I should tell them she would appreciate help. An account will be opened specifically for Myrna's medical and therapy expenses, and I will get that information to you when I have it.In the meantime, those of you who will be in Memphis for Elvis Week can help - Megan and Henrik (Elvis Unlimited) have made their August 12 "Back in Memphis" show (6:00 PM) a BENEFIT CONCERT FOR MYRNA SMITH. For information, click here: http://www.pr-inside.com/elvis-presley-r2021501.htm.

I'm going to be honest with you - if we want to see Myrna back on stage singing for us, then we have to do something to help her get the therapy & medical care she needs. We are Myrna's family &, quite frankly, we need something like this benefit concert to get Myrna what she needs right now. Please help Myrna - if you are going to be in Memphis, please support the benefit concert & please tell others about it.

The address for sending cards is:
Myrna Smith
Canyon Oaks Nursing & Rehabilitation Center
22029 Saticoy Street
Canoga Park, CA 91303

Friends through Elvis,
Carole (Elvis Unlimited Member)
Die folgenden 4 Nutzer bedankten sich bei cos für diesen Beitrag: