Einzelnen Beitrag anzeigen
Alt 02.02.2016, 15:27
Benutzerbild von Tafka S.
Tafka S. Tafka S. ist offline
Posting-Legende

Tafka S. Renommee-Level 22%Tafka S. Renommee-Level 22%Tafka S. Renommee-Level 22%Tafka S. Renommee-Level 22%Tafka S. Renommee-Level 22%Tafka S. Renommee-Level 22%
Zitat:
Zitat von Elviscash Beitrag anzeigen
echt?
Ja. Ich hab es schnell noch mal rausgesucht:

Zitat:
Nancy Rooks was hired on at Graceland as Elvis Presley's cook / maid in May of 1967. She was there at Graceland on that awful day of August 16th 1977 (the day Elvis died) and continued working at Graceland after Elvis' death. Nancy is the co-author of the book The Presley Family Cookbook (Wimmer Books) and the author of the book Inside Graceland (Xlibris Books).
Zitat:
Q - How many years did you end up working at Graceland?

A - I worked there 'til '77 when Elvis passed. I was there. I was the only one of the maids that was there, because one of 'em was sick and the other one was at home because she worked nights. The other one had left me that morning to go home so she could get some rest so she could come back that evening. So, I was really left there alone that day, that Tuesday. But I told her that I could handle it, which I could. If he needed anything, his Auntie and I was both gonna fix it anyway. So, he came in early that morning from the racquet club, him and one of the other bodyguards. He stands on the steps waiting to go upstairs, in the kitchen. I said "You want some breakfast Mr. Elvis?" He says "No, I don't want anything to eat now. I just want to get some sleep. But what I would like to have is some water." I said "Well, OK. That's no problem." So, I told Pauline to take him some water upstairs. We didn't' carry him water in a big glass like you would probably drink out of. You remember you used to buy orange juice and it had the hand thing on the side of the jug? It had hand claps on the side where you could hold it. But anyway, I carried him some ice water, upstairs. Pauline said "I ain't never knowed him to grab that water and drink it like he drank it this morning." I said "He's probably just tired. He just came from playing racquet and probably was hot. That's why he probably drinking the water like he drank it." She said "But I ain't never seen him do that before."
Quelle: http://www.classicbands.com/NancyRooksInterview.html

Zitat:
das wusste ich nicht,danke
Gerne.
Die folgenden Nutzer bedankten sich bei Tafka S. für diesen Beitrag: