Einzelnen Beitrag anzeigen
Alt 24.03.2009, 14:56
gast-20100121
Gast

Jerry Schilling beschreibt sehr nahe gehend den Moment als Priscilla und Lisa endgültig ausziehen:

Zitat:
After days of arguing, Priscilla convinced Elvis that Lisa would be happier with a constant parent, rather than one that was on the road. Touring most of the year, much to his despair, Elvis had to concede to the truth of his usual life-style was not conducive to raising a child on his own.
Although, "Elvis just stood watching as we load up Priscilla's blue Mercedes. By than Priscilla was in tears and shaking," says Schilling.

"Elvis took Priscilla into his arms, kissed her gently on the mouth, and said. 'If you need anything, Cilla. Anything at all? You know to let me know'."
Until that finally moment, Elvis was still composed, but when it was time to bid farewell to his daughter, Elvis broke down and cried as he swooped his beloved Lisa into his arms. Elvis held Lisa tight for a very long time. "Be a good girl, Button-head," whispered Elvis. (Button-head was Elvis' pet name for Lisa) "You come and visit often, you hear," said Elvis trying to hold back the tears. Then out of sheer desperation Elvis insisted, "Get mummy to teach you how to use the phone, so you can call me everyday, okay."

As Schilling recalls, "Lisa Marie, was always a very perceptive child. She realised this was not the usual way her daddy said goodbye. Normally, Elvis would says, 'Button-head I'm off to work. What do you want daddy to bring you back, this time?'"

"This day was strange, and Lisa knew it. She looked into her daddy's eyes and asked him, 'Are you crying, daddy?"

At the point, Elvis flashed Priscilla a look that could kill, then delivered Lisa into her mother's awaiting arms, turned on his heels, walked back into the house, without looking back.

"I'd seen that look before in Elvis eyes," says Schilling. "It a look that still sends a chill went down my spine, when I think of it... It's was a look of pain, anger, desperation and hurt."
:traurig:

http://www.elvispresleynews.com/JerrySchilling.html
Die folgenden 4 Nutzer bedankten sich bei für diesen Beitrag: