Einzelnen Beitrag anzeigen
Alt 06.04.2008, 15:11
Benutzerbild von andy_m
andy_m andy_m ist offline
Board-Legende

andy_m Renommee-Level 100%andy_m Renommee-Level 100%andy_m Renommee-Level 100%andy_m Renommee-Level 100%andy_m Renommee-Level 100%andy_m Renommee-Level 100%andy_m Renommee-Level 100%andy_m Renommee-Level 100%andy_m Renommee-Level 100%andy_m Renommee-Level 100%andy_m Renommee-Level 100%
Where have all the Elvis Acetates gone??

Habs vor einiger Zeit im Internet gefunden.
Sehr Interessante Geschichte.
Wenn man nur da dran kommen könnte
Siehe LITTLE MAMA unreleased SUN Track in privatem Besitz. Noch NIE irgendwo erschienen

Paul E. Dowling (www.worldwideelvis.com wrote:
The "2nd to none" disc will contain the different version of ROUSTABOUT (written by Blackwell-Scott as "I'm A Roustabout") wich is a totaly different song. We had heard a few lines of it around 1978 or 79 on an ACETATE that was beeing offered around Memphis. If any of you were into Elvis back than I'm sure you'll recall that Vester or someone threw away all kinds of Elvis ACETATES but Fans grabbed them and they were circulating all over Memphis especialy around the HICKORY LOUNGE (was bzw wo zur Hölle ist das denn ).
Some were sold to bootleggers or just kept by Collectors to sell later....
Among these were: YOU'RE THE BOSS; LEAVE MY WOMAN ALONE as well as I'M A ROUSTABOUT plus some CLAMBAKE songs (the same titles as released BUT totaly different songs as they were written by totally different writers!) (PS ein Kumpel von mir hat Outtakes bzw andere Versionen von CLAMBAKE in Memphis mit eigenen Ohren gehört!)
And, without giving his full name, a "M" Reeve claimed to have bought 6 or 7 titles recorded for "WORLD'S FAIR" and supposedly these were totaly different songs. They haven't appeared in all these years but neither had "I'M A ROUSTABOUT" til recently so there is hope!!

Geändert von andy_m (06.04.2008 um 15:14 Uhr)