Einzelnen Beitrag anzeigen
Alt 21.08.2007, 16:05
Andylon Lensen Andylon Lensen ist offline
Kommt langsam in Fahrt

Andylon Lensen Renommee-Level 0,4%
Man Caught On Tape Stealing The King's Gun.

Man Caught On Tape Stealing The King's Gun.

Reported by Jason Miles

You might imagine how Elvis feels about somebody stealing his stuff.

"I'm all shook up," says one impersonator at Graceland.

He's shook up after this bold bandit is caught on tape breaking into a display before bolting with the king's gun. You can clearly see the man grab the gun right out of the case. Seconds later, he casually walks away.

"We're here for Elvis and they do this?" asks impersonator Keshav Patel. "I'm disappointed," he adds.

Action News 5 got video of the stolen gun last year during the grand opening of the "Elvis: After Dark" exhibit. The museum is owned and operated by Elvis Presley Enterprises and located across the street from the mansion in an old strip mall.

Some Elvis fans from England say a true fan would never be "so cruel."

"Cause a true fan wouldn't do that," says Jenny Parry. "They wouldn't touch his stuff or take anything from there," she adds.

"I've been coming here since 1980 and I haven't even touched a blade of grass," says Maureen Wharton.

Perhaps he's greedy and looking to make some money. After all, the gun is estimated to be worth some 30 thousand bucks.

"Check on E-bay," suggests one fan.

Whatever this motive, the thief appears on camera one last time before "leaving the building." He's in the souvenir shop packing the king's heat in one of his pockets.

The gun was actually stolen last Tuesday, in the midst of Elvis Week. It wasn't discovered missing until Friday.

We don't know why someone here did not notice it sooner. The only thing a spokesman for Elvis Presley Enterprises will say is that they're cooperating with police.

Call CrimeStoppers at 901-528-CASH if you know anything about this crime.

Click hereto email Jason Miles
Watch the video from wmcvtv: Theft of the gun

2007/08/21 By Jason Miles - wmctv.com / www.epgold.com