Einzelnen Beitrag anzeigen
Alt 01.08.2006, 10:28
Benutzerbild von Herbi
Herbi Herbi ist offline
Board-Legende

Herbi Renommee-Level 100%Herbi Renommee-Level 100%Herbi Renommee-Level 100%Herbi Renommee-Level 100%Herbi Renommee-Level 100%Herbi Renommee-Level 100%Herbi Renommee-Level 100%Herbi Renommee-Level 100%Herbi Renommee-Level 100%Herbi Renommee-Level 100%Herbi Renommee-Level 100%
........nur mal so am rande, hier wird von Elvis "impersonators" gesprochen !!

...das ist so etwas wie der hier !!

.......hier noch was vom Memory Label:

"THE MAN BEHIND THE MYTH

The history of the recording that you are about to hear is a long and fascinating one. A few mega-collectors have known about the existence of at least one unreleased private tape for many years, but only recently, people have begun to come forward with their information. Elvis' neighbour Donna Lewis has talked about private recordings that she has heard at Graceland in various publications, and Elvis dealer Paul Dowling mentioned a private tape of Elvis doing his movie songs in an article on the excellent www.elvis.com.au site. The first hint at the existence of this recording came in 1980, when it got into the hands of a producer who saw a unique chance to promote one of his talents, a female singer named Kelly. He took one of the songs from the tape, 'Moonlight Swim', and dubbed her voice onto the recording. This dubious duet was released that same year as "Kelly Sings With The King", a single that went largely unnoticed. In the early '90s, the first Elvis bootleg CD's started to appear, and one of the most interesting ones was "The Colonel's Collection" (MAC Records 24.162) from 1993. The false "Kelly" duet was one of the highlights, and this time it made many collectors sit up and take notice. Elvis expert Ger Rijff wrote: "I have no idea when or where 'Moonlight Swim' was recorded, but I am 100% sure that it is Elvis. The girl's voice was overdubbed many years later, because some idiot thought that he could sell it as a duet. But there is no doubt in my mind that this is Elvis' voice" (Bringin' It Back Magazine, issue 8, page 50). This tape is quite typical for Elvis home-recordings from the '60s and '70s, with Elvis and the guys joking and having a great time (just listen to Charlie Hodge singing lead on a zany 'Tutti Frutti'!), and with Elvis singing bits and pieces of various songs, altering the lyrics on some of them, and experimenting with different melody lines on others. After examining the tape thoroughly, we have determined that it comes from four different "home taping sessions". However, as Ger Rijff indicates, it's difficult to determine exactly when or where it was recorded.

Not that it really matters. Elvis was clearly enjoying himself when this was recorded, and although the sound-quality is a bit low-fi (even though it was remastered with great expertise), what comes across crystal-clear on this recording is Elvis' great passion for music. His beautiful vocal styling can be heard at its very best on a.o. 'That's When Your Heartaches Begin', 'They Remind Me Too Much Of You', 'Fame & Fortune' and 'How Great Thou Art', the latter receiving a particularly moving performance that clearly impresses his friends. One girl sounding a lot like Linda Thompson can be heard saying: "That was dynamite! You almost knocked the table over!".

In these computerized times, it's a delight to listen to a very simple recording of Elvis and his friends singing and having a great time. The feel and the spontaneity that characterizes the man's best work are here in abundance, and make this one of the most enjoyable Elvis CDs I've heard in a long, long time.

Memory Records 2002."

listen to the real audio sample: In Your Arms / How Great Thou Art / Moonlight Swim (undubbed version)

__Elvis - Artist Of The Century__

Geändert von Herbi (01.08.2006 um 10:34 Uhr)