Einzelnen Beitrag anzeigen
Alt 19.06.2005, 18:23
Benutzerbild von Herbi
Herbi Herbi ist offline
Board-Legende

Herbi Renommee-Level 100%Herbi Renommee-Level 100%Herbi Renommee-Level 100%Herbi Renommee-Level 100%Herbi Renommee-Level 100%Herbi Renommee-Level 100%Herbi Renommee-Level 100%Herbi Renommee-Level 100%Herbi Renommee-Level 100%Herbi Renommee-Level 100%Herbi Renommee-Level 100%
walk a mile in my shoes - the essential 70's masters

elvis - walk a mile in my shoes - the essential 70's master RCA/BMG 74321 30331 2 (1995)

disc 1.

the singles

the wonder of you. i've lost you. the next step is love. patch it up. i relly don't want to know. you don't have say you love me. there goes my everything. rages to riches. where did they go,lord. life. i'm leavin. heart of rome. it's only love. the sound your cry. i just can't help believin'. how the web was woven. until it's time for you to go. we can make the morning. an american triology. the first time ever i saw your face. burning love. it's matter of time. separate ways.

disc 2.

the singles

always on my mind. fool. steamroller blues. raised on rock. for ol'times sake. i've got thing about you baby. take goodcare of herif you talk in your sleep. promised land. it's midnight. my boy. loving arms. t-r-o-u-b-l-e. mr.songman. bringing it back. pieces of my life. green,green grass of home. thinking about you. hurt. for the heart. mooddy blue. she thinks i still care. way down pleding my love.

disc 3.

studio highlights 1970-71

twenty dys and twenty nights.i was born about ten thousend years ago. the fool. a hundred years from now. lttle cabin on the hill. cindy,cindy. bridge over troubled water. got my mojo working/keep your hands off of it. it's your baby, you rock it. stranger in the crowd. mary inthe morning. it ain't no big. just pretend. faded love .tomorrow never comes. make the world go away. funny how time slips away. i washed my hands in muddy water. snowbrid. whole lot-ta shakin'goin'on. amazing grace. that's what you get) for lovin me. lady madonna.

disc 4.

studio highlights 1971-76

merry christmas baby. i shall be realesed. don't think twice,it's all right.it's still here. i'll take you home again kathleen. i will be true.. my way. for the good times. just a little bit. its diff'rend now. are you sincere. i got a feeling in my body. you asked me to. god time charlie's got the blues. talk about god times. tiger man. i can help. susan when she tride. shake hand. she thinks i still caredanny boy. love coming doen. he'll have to go.

disc 5.

the elvis presley show

see see ridermen with broken hearts. walk a mile in my shoes. polk saled annie. let it be me. pround mary. something. you've lost that lovin'feelin. heartbreak hotel. i was the one. one night. never been to spain. you gave me a moutain. it'e imposible. a big hunk o'love. it's over. the imposible dream. reconsider baby. i'll remember you. i'm lonesom i could cry. suspicious minds. unchained melody.the twelfth of never. sofdtly as i leave you. alla'en el "rancho grande". froggy went a courtin. stranger in my own home town.

dann gibt es noch die walk a mile in my shoes.eine reifere stimme, unhörbare atmung, beherschte gefühle, vorzügliches songmaterial... kein wunder, dass die aufnahmen auf den cd's eins und zwei sämtlich als singles veröffentlicht wurden. die dritte cd bringt die ersten outtakes und neuheiten, aber vor allem faszination die frische, die kraft und das (selbst-)vertrauen, die titel wie bridge over troubled water, it's your baby,you rock it und bsonders mary in the morning ausstrahlen. teil vier ist nicht weniger eindrucksvoll, aber die stimmung wird zunehmend düsterer, was angesichts der songs nicht verwunderlich ist: it's still here, my way, for the good times und it's difrend now ist pure klasse und übertragen mühelos die anderen aufnahmen aus dem juli 1973, obwol es nur locker zum aufwärmen gesungen wurd. die letzte cd will ein bild von elvis presley-show vermitteln, was auch bestens gelingt. ein hübscher bonus sind
somthing 1970, ein paar resten von that's the way it is und die aufnahmen vom februar 1972 mit ausnahme der american triology, die auf cd eins enthalten ist. zum schluss folgen proben aus den jahren 1970 und 1974 einschlisslich der single twelfth of never. bedauerlich ist nur schlecht, vermutlich von den jordanaires stammende gesang.
walk a mile in my shoespräsentiert elvis in höchstform und vermittelt zusammen mit boxen eins und zwei eine unübertreffliche karriereübersicht. aber vergessen wir nicht, dass das längst nicht alles ist. dreiunddreissig studioaufnahmwn fehlen, darunter kleine denkmäler wie it's easy for you sowie die anderswo gesammelten gospels und weihnachtslieder . ein triftiger grund, diese fünf cd's zu kaufen, ist jedenfalls i shall be released. jeder der ein herz hat würde allein für die achtundvierzig sekunden gern den preis für die ganze box hinblättern!!

__Elvis - Artist Of The Century__

Geändert von Ela68 (27.07.2012 um 15:44 Uhr) Grund: Überschrift berichtigt