Elvis-Forum

Elvis-Forum (https://www.elvisnachrichten.de/index.php)
-   Elvis Presley (https://www.elvisnachrichten.de/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The UK Sun Sessions (https://www.elvisnachrichten.de/showthread.php?t=19031)

Herbi 06.04.2009 10:18

The UK Sun Sessions

The UK Sun Sessions

http://img.xrmb2.net/images/468153.jpeg

Released March 25, 2009 on the Sonic Past Music label is the CD "The UK Sun Sessions".

From the publishers website

Biography

Somewhere in this world, there must be people who have never heard of Elvis Presley (1935-1977)… I don’t know where, it’s a job for Discovery Channel! Everywhere I know of Elvis is not only one of the defining entertainers of our time, but an iconic figure in modern western culture. You can even take your pick: young Elvis in rockabilly mode, mainstream Elvis in the movies, mature Elvis in Memphis, Fat Elvis in Las Vegas… he’s all of those and more.

But here we go back to the beginning, to even before the beginning, to a youth in Memphis dividing his leisure time between rare blues record collecting and visiting local uber-cool clothiers Lansky’s Of Beale Street, THE major supplier of fashion for the black market, to top up his flashy wardrobe…so which was this kid, record geek or peacock? He was both bigtime, and both these sides to his personality were to inform his music and his eventual worldwide breakthrough. So here we have everything, from early demos, to regional hits, to his eventual national breakthrough; from the Louisiana Hayride to world acclaim.

It’s all here for the first time in one place, private recordings to Sun Records to the world. Hear the tentative steps of a legend. As a bonus we even have some tryouts that never made it to masters and some sensational live recordings, including his planned Sun followup singles that were never recorded as he stepped on up to world superstardom, with chat by Elvis himself…and screams from his ever growing fanbase.

Boudewijn de Kadt
Summer 2008

About The Recordings

In the compiling of the Sun Master recording in London in the 50s, it was understood that several of the actual acetates used in the day served as a pre-recording demo, essentially showing a song to a singing artist. We have provided the actual recordings of both master and acetate demos not to often heard these days for your full experience in listening and discovering Mr. E.P.’s beginning.

Chance Shevienowski

Tracklisting

That's All Right
Blue Moon of Kentucky
Harbor Lights
I Love You Because
Blue Moon
Tomorrow Night
I'll Never Let You Go, Little Darlin'
Just Because
Good Rockin' Tonight
I Don't Care If The Sun Don't Shine
Milk Cow Blues Boogie
You're A Heartbreaker
I'm Left, You're Right, She's Gone
Baby Let's Play House
How Do You Think I Feel?
I Forgot to Remember to Forget
Mystery Train
Trying to Get to You
When it Rains it Really Pours
I Love You Because
My Baby's Gone
My Happiness
That's When The Heartache Begins
I'll Never Stand In Your Way
It Wouldn't Be The Same Without You
Fool Fool Fool
Shake, Rattle and Roll
Hearts of Stone (Live)
I Got A Woman (Live)
Tweedle Dee (Live)
Maybellene (Live)

Source: www.elvisnews.com

PatrickVaals 06.04.2009 19:38

Al diese lieder sind doch schon mehrfach released, oder bin ich da ganz blot? Die stehen doch alle zowieso auf die 50's masters box, oder gibt es hier doch was neues?

andy_m 06.04.2009 20:07

Zitat:

Zitat von PatrickVaals (Beitrag 585387)
oder gibt es hier doch was neues?

Natürlich NICHT :grins:

Herbi 06.04.2009 20:09

...nein echt nicht !! ...da frage ich mich aber wieder wo verdammt noch mal bleibt diese FTD-SUN-Box ??:gruebel:

andy_m 06.04.2009 20:12

Du meinst wo die bleibt :grins:

walk-a-mile-in-my-shoes 06.04.2009 20:26

onkel ernst wartet wahrscheinlich auf ein super-jubiläum, vielleicht kommt das sun-teil ja zu elvis' 100. geburtstag oder todestag oder .... :noidea:

burroughs 07.04.2009 20:21

schön blot :grins:

peacock 07.04.2009 20:27

Zitat:

Zitat von burroughs (Beitrag 586030)
schön blot :grins:

ja, wirklich!!:grins::noidea:

Alle Zeitangaben in WEZ +2. Es ist jetzt 15:46 Uhr.