Elvis-Forum

Elvis-Forum (https://www.elvisnachrichten.de/index.php)
-   Elvis Presley (https://www.elvisnachrichten.de/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Neue Straight Arrow....A Change Of Mind (https://www.elvisnachrichten.de/showthread.php?t=19554)

Ciscoking 25.05.2009 23:26

Neue Straight Arrow....A Change Of Mind

Gerade gefunden:

A CHANGE OF MIND

As recorded at the Hilton Hotel showroom in Las Vegas, Nevada, September 3rd, 1973, Dinner show.

The next release from Straight Arrow (SA 2009-13-02), scheduled for early June, will be previously unreleased Las Vegas September 3rd, 1973 Dinner show. It is very strong concert, containing the only known 1973 version of "It's Now Or Never", rare "Polk Salad Annie" performed only twice in 1973, part of "Jailhouse Rock" and for 'rare live excerpts' fans there are bits of "Guadalajara", "Miracle Of The Rosary" and "Farther Along".

This show was taped by the same person as Dec. 02nd, 1976 concert released as "LAST VEGAS OPENING NIGHT" and once again for this CD release, an original mastertape will be used. The sound quality is excellent - regarding the off-line source.

As a bonus, 4 tracks from the closing show are also included. They originate from the B-side of the same master tape cassette. All prior releases of these songs from the closing show derive from a substandard source.

Note: to prevent any speculations, we would like to make clear that the CD "Top Acts In Vegas Vol. 4" from 1995 is containing September 2nd, 1973 Dinner show, NOT September 3rd, 1973 Dinner show as stated in the CD design. The date is wrong.

Excerpts from the sleeve notes:

"Elvis was coming to the end of his 1973 summer season at the Las Vegas Hilton, one most notable for much banter with his musicians and frequent lyric changes. The Labor Day dinner show, Monday, September 3, was just such a performance. At 8:45 pm, the star, in his glittering "Blue Superman" jumpsuit, appeared to warm applause. He seemed a little sleepy, but would soon be his energetic self. After "C. C. Rider", as he was welcoming the crowd, the microphone came off the top of its stand in three pieces, which he then tossed to Red West, commenting about how it needed to be taped up.

"Fever" was peppered with ad-libs, and at one point a female yelled out, "Room Three-Forty Five!" to much audience laughter. "Now you've listened to HER story", sang Elvis, and there was a lot of leg action as he concluded the song out on the ramp the Hilton had added to the main showroom.

Introductions were interspersed with humour, especially when Elvis recalled how he'd thrown water on piano player Glen Hardin the night before. "He came [after the show] in with all of the arrangements, all of his wardrobe, and quit, you know. Made a big deal out of it! ... I'm gonna do it again tonight!" Glen nimbly sprang out of the way as Elvis aimed a glass of water at him. Intros over, Elvis sang a few bars of "Farther Along", Glen echoing him on piano. He stopped, and instead began "Release Me".

"That's about it, folks", Elvis reluctantly announced, adding that the hotel didn't like them to stay on stage too long. But then someone called out for "Polk Salad Annie". Turning to Glen, he quietly said "For The Good Times", and Hardin began to play the introduction. Yet again Elvis instantly changed his mind, and attacked the request for "Polk Salad Annie" instead. Over more requests, he began "Can't Help Falling In Love". Before he disappeared behind the showroom's descending gold curtain, someone gave him a lei of red flowers, which he sweetly put around his neck".

Tracks:

01. Opening Vamp / C. C. Rider - 02. I Got A Woman / Amen - 03. Love Me - 04. Steamroller Blues - 05. You Gave Me A Mountain / Guadalajara (partial) - 06. Trouble - 07. Long Tall Sally / Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On / Mama Don't Dance / Flip Flop & Fly / Hound Dog - 08. Love Me Tender - 09. Fever - 10. Bridge Over Troubled Water - 11. Suspicious Minds - 12. Introductions by Elvis of Singers, Musicians - 13. Farther Along (partial) / Release Me - 14. An American Trilogy - 15. Mystery Train / Tiger Man - 16. Jailhouse Rock (partial) - 17. (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear / Don't Be Cruel - 18. It's Now Or Never - 19. How Great Thou Art - 20. The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face / Miracle Of The Rosary (partial) - 21. Polk Salad Annie - 22. Can't Help Falling In Love - 23. Closing Vamp / Announcements.

Bonus (September 3, 1973 Closing Show):

24. C. C. Rider - 25. Love Me - 26. Steamroller Blues - 27. You Gave Me A Mountain - 28. Trouble

gast-20111607 25.05.2009 23:40

"Previously unreleased"? :gruebel:
Zählen die CD-R VÖs "The Night of Laughs", "Las Vegas 9/3/73, DS" und "Tongue in Cheek" etwa nicht? :noidea:
Beziehe mich, ob der Infos hierzu, natürlich auf Ciscos Seite... :top:

praytome 25.05.2009 23:58

bitte nicht cdr und das vö in einem atem zug nennen da krieg ich echt ne kriese...

gast-20100801 26.05.2009 06:15

Zitat:

Zitat von praytome (Beitrag 617011)
bitte nicht cdr und das vö in einem atem zug nennen da krieg ich echt ne kriese...

Ganz meine Meinung. Entweder ein echter Silberling oder (bis auf schwere Ausnahmefälle) gar nichts! :top:

burroughs 26.05.2009 08:23

cdr = keine reguläre vö..
daher ist diese show - aus der sicht von jemanden, der nur gepresste cds sammelt - als unveröffentlicht zu werten ;-)

Ciscoking 26.05.2009 12:13

Das Cover:

https://www.elvisnachrichten.de/uplo...s/5/change.jpg

burroughs 26.05.2009 12:18

is aber nur n entwurf, oder?
passt so gar nicht zur artwork-linie der bisherigen vö´s :roll:

TheKing 26.05.2009 16:06

Mir gefällt dies Cover, da wäre ich dabei! :hurra:

PatrickVaals 26.05.2009 16:07

Mir gefalt es auch irgendwie. Nicht das standard cover, wird bestelt :top:

burroughs 14.06.2009 17:01

Sollte Anfang übernächster Woche (geplant ist Montag der 22ste) zu haben sein, die Hör-probe klingt schon mal sehr gut :top:

Alle Zeitangaben in WEZ +2. Es ist jetzt 23:26 Uhr.