PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Neues Buch von John Wilkinson

MARIE
17.05.2006, 15:45
My Life Before, During And After Elvis Presley
A new book, entitled "My Life Before, During and After Elvis Presley" by John Wilkinson and Nick Moretti has been released. Elvis Presley's TCB Band rhythm guitarist, John Wilkinson, tells his story. This is a second book by this TCB Band member on his life and time with Elvis Presley.

Synopsis:

It describes him meeting Elvis Presley twice as a boy and a young man, who left a lasting impression on the King of Rock and Roll. So much so that when Elvis decided to form a band, quit the movies and return to live performance, he tapped John (who was also recommended by Presley's lead guitarist, the legendary James Burton) to join.

From the first concert in 1969 until the final in 1977, John played more than 1,100 performances with Elvis, never missing a show. For fans curious about what Elvis was really like during these years, Wilkinson's wonderful story will reassure them that Elvis never lost it and always had it. A must for any Elvis fan's book collection and a great story for anyone who enjoys musician biographies.

From the Author
John's life story is entertaining and amazing. I came away from the experience (and the reader will, too) feeling I knew Elvis Presley and that he was a really nice man who would have been very nice to me and (hopefully!) liked me. When I approached John for the idea of this book, one of my personal missions, in addition to telling John's own story, was to show Elvis Presley as a human being during the 1970s, when he's most often misrepresented. John clears up everything and reminds us that even on an off night, Elvis Presley never failed his fans. Enjoy!Source: Elvis Australia / Updated: May 17, 2006

gast-20080916
27.08.2006, 22:41
Apropos J.W.
Warum wird John von Elvis immer als "Walkerson" vorgestellt und nicht wie es sein sollte als Wilkinson? In einem bestimmten Konzert fragt Elvis sogar nach der korrekten Schreibweise: "Wilkinson, like the blade?" (Wilkinson, wie die Rasierklinge?) Aber ich verstehe bei allen Introductions immer Walkerson. War das ein Insider-Joke? Verstehe ich das akustisch falsch?

"Bevor I go any father äh, further Ladies and Gentlemen I'd like to introduce you to the Members of my Group up here on the Stage."
Die Inroductions scheinen für Elvis ja immer einen ganz besonders amuseanten Programmpunkt dargetellt zu haben. Das merkt man auch beim Zuhören. Wie eine "Kür" in der "Pflicht" hat er sie manchmal förmlich celebriert. Die "Intros" wurden auch immer länger, bis zu einem Drittel der gesamten Showtime. Was er dort manchmal an Humor und Spontaneität an den Tag legt finde ich beeindruckend.
Aber auch seine gesundheitlich "sub-optimalen" Auftritte werden spätestens bei den Vorstellungen der Bandmitglieder offenbar. Manchmal hat man auch den Eindruck, daß Elvis dabei Kraft schöpfte und auftankte denn die ersten Titel danach waren meistens in irgend einer Weise herausragend. Wären die Introductions evtl. mal ein eigenes Thema?