PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Elvis Presley As He Was Meant To Be Heard Volume 3

Loverdoll
29.01.2010, 08:23
http://www.elvisnews.com/images/coverart/big/cd-as-meant-to-be-heard-3.jpg

Elvis Presley As He Was Meant To Be Heard Volume 3

Earlier this month Elvis Presley As He Was Meant To Be Heard Volume 3 was released on The Inverse Label. The CD description on Amazon:
Covering the years 1958-59, this CD continues the series which presents the original Elvis Presley studio recordings with a minimum of sound processing. Although Presley released only 21 songs from '58 to '59, he was at a peak in terms of the sheer, un-self-conscious rock 'n' roll dynamism of his performances. Plus he had some fine musicians, good song-writers and an excellent producer. But, although well-engineered at the time, a chequered history of sound quality has since befallen the two main albums which contain the material: Elvis Golden Records Volume 2 and the King Creole Soundtrack. Through ensuing years, re-issues of these albums - and compilations borrowing from them - suffered increasingly from attempts to electronically enhance the sound, reaching an all-time low with electronically re-processed stereo. Although the current re-mastered CD catalogue has reverted to the original mono, its producers have opted to use extensive processing to 'clean' the sound - the trade-off being a loss of dynamics, atmosphere and a sense of the music being real. This CD retains all that, and achieves superlative sound quality which we don't believe you'll find matched by any other release of this material. Only where the level of tape hiss or distortion would be intrusive has there been any significant sound processing - even then a bare minimum. Tracklist includes 20 of the 21 songs released by Elvis Presley from 1958 to '59. (The omitted track, Steadfast, Loyal and True , was a soundtrack throwaway reportedly disliked intensely by Presley himself.) Also included are some pre-1958 hits which were on the original UK version of Elvis Gold Records Volume 2, plus some which deserved to be. There s a unique oddity - a stereo version of Lover Doll - and finally some variant versions of certain tracks, mainly different mixes (or the 50's equivalent thereof).
Tracklisting

1. I Beg of You
2. Don't
3. Wear My Ring Around Your Neck
4. Doncha Think It's Time (LP Version)
5. I Got Stung
6. One Night
7. A Fool Such As I
8. I Need Your Love Tonight
9. My Wish Came True
10. Big Hunk o' Love
11. King Creole
12. Lover Doll
13. Hard Headed Woman
14. Don't Ask Me Why
15. New Orleans
16. Crawfish
17. Trouble
18. As Long As I Have You
19. Dixieland Rock
20. Young Dreams
21. Teddy Bear
22. Loving You
23. Jailhouse Rock
24. Treat Me Nice
25. Party
26. Got a Lot of Living To Do
27. Paralyzed
28. When My Blue Moon Turns to Gold Again
29. Lover Doll (Stereo)
30. Doncha Think It's Time (Original single)
31. Big Hunk o' Love (Single Variant)
32. Hard Headed Woman (Single Variant)
33. Treat Me Nice (LP Variant)
34. Jailhouse Rock (LP Variant)

Quelle Amazon 28.1.2010

burroughs
29.01.2010, 09:40
just like part one and two.. C-R-A-P :yuck: