Kontakt

Hilfe
Heutige Beiträge
Kalender
Registrieren
Home

Willkommen im Elvis-Forum.

Du besuchst unser Forum derzeit als Gast, wodurch Du nur eingeschränkten Zugriff auf die meisten Diskussionen, Artikel und unsere anderen FREIEN Features hast. Wenn Du Dich in unserem Forum kostenlos anmeldest, kannst Du eigene Themen erstellen, kannst Dich privat mit anderen Benutzern unterhalten (PN), an Umfragen teilnehmen, eigene Fotos hochladen und viele weitere spezielle Features nutzen.

Die Registrierung ist schnell, einfach und absolut kostenlos! Werde also noch heute Mitglied in unserem Forum!

Wenn Du Probleme bei der Registrierung oder Deinen Zugangsdaten hast, kontaktiere bitte unseren Support.

Navigation
Zurück   Elvis-Forum > Elvis-Forum > Elvis Presley
Elvis Presley Elvis Presley - Nachrichten | Aktuelles | Wissenswertes | Bemerkenswertes
Alles über den King of Rock 'n' Roll

Antwort

Themen-Optionen

Alt 11.09.2008, 15:04
MARIE MARIE ist offline
Posting-Legende

MARIE Renommee-Level 36%MARIE Renommee-Level 36%MARIE Renommee-Level 36%MARIE Renommee-Level 36%MARIE Renommee-Level 36%MARIE Renommee-Level 36%MARIE Renommee-Level 36%MARIE Renommee-Level 36%
Elvis Presley's Original Desk e-bay

http://cgi.ebay.com/Elvis-Presleys-O...d=p3286.c0.m14Elvis' Desk For Sale!: Elvis' office desk if for sale on Ebay for current bid US $25,000.00 with the reserve not met. Following on from our previous news stories about Elvis' Meditation Garden windows (see below) designer Bernard Grenadier's son is selling Elvis' original desk.
As reported: "Elvis commissioned Bernard to build a futuristic wood desk for him to use in his study. A desk that would represent Elvis’s style and the grandeur of Graceland. Elvis wanted a desk that brought to life his creative vision of how electronics would be married into our everyday world.
The desk would hold a radio, television, 8 track player, telephone directory and calendar to mention several of Elvis’s futuristic ideas. Elvis and Bernard drew out on a piece of paper their thoughts for this desk. Bernard took the drawings to RCA and asks them to build a television that would fit into the design. At the time RCA said that it was impossible. When Bernard went back to Elvis with the response from RCA, Elvis stated impossible is not an option! Bernard went back to RCA again and convinced them to rethink their decision. Bernard told them “money was no problem” - so the vision began to take form. RCA took the diagram to their research and development department to build the small television to fit into the console of the desk.
Elvis was so pleased with the design of the desk that he requested not one but two desks to be built. He used and enjoyed both desks for a long time.
Elvis decided after Bernard had turned down many gifts over the years from motorcycles to cars, that he would give Bernard the second desk as a token of their friendship. Bernard accepted and treasured the desk for many years.

After my Dad died (Bernard Grenadier) in the mid 80's the desk was left to me. I have enjoyed the desk ever since. It has always given me true joy to sit at Elvis’s desk and do my work, just as Elvis did many years ago. It has allowed me feel close to Elvis, and know that he worked on this desk – it is a special feeling that I will never forget.
This is truly a unique treasure. The sister twin to this desk is on display at Graceland and is viewed by millions of visitors who tour the grounds of Graceland yearly.
I am presenting the desk for auction in the hopes of finding someone that will feel as my Dad and I have, and cherish this special part of Elvis Presley’s everyday life. The first 2 pictures posted are of the sister desk located at Graceland. The fourth picture is of a memorial plaque in the meditation gardens. It has my fathers name listed as the designer and builder of the gardens." Go here for details. (News, Source;EIN)

Geändert von MARIE (11.09.2008 um 15:07 Uhr)
Alt Alt 11.09.2008, 15:04
Advertising
Werbung

Diese Werbung wird registrierten
Mitgliedern so nicht angezeigt.
Werde noch heute
im Elvis-Forum
Standard Sponsored Links

Antwort

Stichworte
desk, ebay, original