Kontakt

Hilfe
Heutige Beiträge
Kalender
Registrieren
Home

Willkommen im Elvis-Forum.

Du besuchst unser Forum derzeit als Gast, wodurch Du nur eingeschränkten Zugriff auf die meisten Diskussionen, Artikel und unsere anderen FREIEN Features hast. Wenn Du Dich in unserem Forum kostenlos anmeldest, kannst Du eigene Themen erstellen, kannst Dich privat mit anderen Benutzern unterhalten (PN), an Umfragen teilnehmen, eigene Fotos hochladen und viele weitere spezielle Features nutzen.

Die Registrierung ist schnell, einfach und absolut kostenlos! Werde also noch heute Mitglied in unserem Forum!

Wenn Du Probleme bei der Registrierung oder Deinen Zugangsdaten hast, kontaktiere bitte unseren Support.

Navigation
Zurück   Elvis-Forum > Elvis-Forum > Elvis Presley
Elvis Presley Elvis Presley - Nachrichten | Aktuelles | Wissenswertes | Bemerkenswertes
Alles über den King of Rock 'n' Roll

Antwort

Themen-Optionen

Alt 05.05.2007, 05:48
MARIE MARIE ist offline
Posting-Legende

MARIE Renommee-Level 36%MARIE Renommee-Level 36%MARIE Renommee-Level 36%MARIE Renommee-Level 36%MARIE Renommee-Level 36%MARIE Renommee-Level 36%MARIE Renommee-Level 36%MARIE Renommee-Level 36%
Sonny West Elvis: Still Taking Care of Business

Courtesy of the publisher, Triumph Books, EIN presents the first of three excerpts from Sonny West's new book, Elvis Still Taking Care of Business:
Looking back almost 30 years later, I am forced to concede that even though Elvis: What Happened? sold three million copies, it was largely a failure. The book, co-written with my cousin Red West and fellow bodyguard Dave Hebler didn't save Elvis, and neither did it convey to readers how much I loved the man. By focusing so much on Elvis’ addiction to medication and oddball behavior, I was remiss in not telling readers how much he meant to me. Let me state for the record – he meant the world to me.

In this book I want to give readers an insight to what Elvis was really like. Elvis had abundant charm, charisma, sensitivity and class. He was well-read on a variety of subjects from religion to philosophy to world history. Elvis had a God-given talent in music and gave 100 percent all the time on stage and in the studio. But he likewise put all of himself into every emotion, and when he was mad, you always prayed it was at somebody else. If not, you felt you needed to get the hell out of Dodge.

Writing this book has truly been a labor of love and a catharsis. At times it’s left me drained emotionally and physically. I have taken almost four years to put down my stories on my life with Elvis, and I truly hope you enjoy reading them. If you laugh a lot or are deeply touched and moved to tears, and feel you know Elvis more personally by the time you are done reading this book then I will have accomplished something very important to me.

Over the years there have been statements made by some concerning Elvis’ view on race, religion and politics. Elvis spent a lot of time discussing current affairs and articulating his positions. He purposely chose not to publicly convey his views so his fame would not influence anyone. Elvis served his country with distinction, and he believed that everybody is entitled to an opinion, and to have freedom of choice.

He was once asked at a news conference about his view on a political issue, and politely declined to answer. The reporter asked Elvis if he even had a position on the subject. Elvis stated he did, but preferred to keep it to himself. That’s quite a contrast to so many of our current celebrities who aren't at all shy about using their status to promote a political agenda.

In private, Elvis never shied away from telling anyone how great this country is. He was one of the most patriotic people I ever knew and was very proud of the men and women in our armed forces for doing their duty to protect our freedom. It’s no mere coincidence that Elvis is the symbol of
America to many people around the globe, and he would be very proud of that association. I am happy to have been associated with Elvis Presley, a man who profoundly touched the lives of untold millions, and enriched the lives of those who knew him.

BOOK SPECS:

Title: Elvis: Still Taking Care of Business

Authors: Sonny West with Marshall Terrill

On-Sale Date: Worldwide May 1, 2007

Price: $25.95 US, 400 pages, plus 16 pages of photos
Alt Alt 05.05.2007, 05:48
Advertising
Werbung

Diese Werbung wird registrierten
Mitgliedern so nicht angezeigt.
Werde noch heute
im Elvis-Forum
Standard Sponsored Links

Alt 05.05.2007, 10:38
Benutzerbild von TheKing
TheKing TheKing ist offline
Board-Legende

TheKing Renommee-Level 100%TheKing Renommee-Level 100%TheKing Renommee-Level 100%TheKing Renommee-Level 100%TheKing Renommee-Level 100%TheKing Renommee-Level 100%TheKing Renommee-Level 100%TheKing Renommee-Level 100%TheKing Renommee-Level 100%TheKing Renommee-Level 100%TheKing Renommee-Level 100%
Das muss ich auch lesen!!!!
Alt 05.05.2007, 10:44
gast-20100118
Gast

Zitat:
Zitat von MARIE Beitrag anzeigen
Looking back almost 30 years later, I am forced to concede that even though Elvis: What Happened? sold three million copies, it was largely a failure.
manche brauchen halt ne Weile bevor der Groschen fällt.
Alt 05.05.2007, 10:46
MARIE MARIE ist offline
Posting-Legende
Themenstarter

MARIE Renommee-Level 36%MARIE Renommee-Level 36%MARIE Renommee-Level 36%MARIE Renommee-Level 36%MARIE Renommee-Level 36%MARIE Renommee-Level 36%MARIE Renommee-Level 36%MARIE Renommee-Level 36%
Vielleicht fällt er bei dir auch noch mal
Alt 05.05.2007, 10:57
gast-20100118
Gast

Zitat:
hehehehe
Alt 05.05.2007, 11:07
Benutzerbild von burroughs
burroughs burroughs ist offline
Board-Legende

burroughs Renommee-Level 100%burroughs Renommee-Level 100%burroughs Renommee-Level 100%burroughs Renommee-Level 100%burroughs Renommee-Level 100%burroughs Renommee-Level 100%burroughs Renommee-Level 100%burroughs Renommee-Level 100%burroughs Renommee-Level 100%burroughs Renommee-Level 100%burroughs Renommee-Level 100%
Zitat:
Off-Topic:

genausogut kannst du an den Osterhasen glauben

interessant dürfte es so oder so werden
kommt also auf den Einkaufs-zettel
Alt 05.05.2007, 11:10
MARIE MARIE ist offline
Posting-Legende
Themenstarter

Zitat:
genausogut kannst du an den Osterhasen glauben
Alt 05.05.2007, 11:13
Benutzerbild von TheKing
TheKing TheKing ist offline
Board-Legende

TheKing Renommee-Level 100%TheKing Renommee-Level 100%TheKing Renommee-Level 100%TheKing Renommee-Level 100%TheKing Renommee-Level 100%TheKing Renommee-Level 100%TheKing Renommee-Level 100%TheKing Renommee-Level 100%TheKing Renommee-Level 100%TheKing Renommee-Level 100%TheKing Renommee-Level 100%
Dieser Beitrag wird nicht angezeigt, da sich Rev.Gerhard auf deiner Ignorier-Liste befindet.
Alt 05.05.2007, 11:16
Benutzerbild von burroughs
burroughs burroughs ist offline
Board-Legende

burroughs Renommee-Level 100%burroughs Renommee-Level 100%burroughs Renommee-Level 100%burroughs Renommee-Level 100%burroughs Renommee-Level 100%burroughs Renommee-Level 100%burroughs Renommee-Level 100%burroughs Renommee-Level 100%burroughs Renommee-Level 100%burroughs Renommee-Level 100%burroughs Renommee-Level 100%
Zitat:
Zitat von TheKing Beitrag anzeigen
Dieser Beitrag wird nicht angezeigt, da sich Rev.Gerhard auf deiner Ignorier-Liste befindet.
E tu, Brutus
Alt 05.05.2007, 11:25
gast-20100118
Gast

Zitat:
Zitat von TheKing Beitrag anzeigen
jau. so ist richtig. immer man Augen zu und durch. und schließlich landest du wieder da, wo dich dein Niveau wieder lieb umarmt: in Vivis Spaß thread
Antwort

Stichworte
business, care, sonny, still, taking, west