Kontakt

Hilfe
Heutige Beiträge
Kalender
Registrieren
Home

Willkommen im Elvis-Forum.

Du besuchst unser Forum derzeit als Gast, wodurch Du nur eingeschränkten Zugriff auf die meisten Diskussionen, Artikel und unsere anderen FREIEN Features hast. Wenn Du Dich in unserem Forum kostenlos anmeldest, kannst Du eigene Themen erstellen, kannst Dich privat mit anderen Benutzern unterhalten (PN), an Umfragen teilnehmen, eigene Fotos hochladen und viele weitere spezielle Features nutzen.

Die Registrierung ist schnell, einfach und absolut kostenlos! Werde also noch heute Mitglied in unserem Forum!

Wenn Du Probleme bei der Registrierung oder Deinen Zugangsdaten hast, kontaktiere bitte unseren Support.

Navigation
Zurück   Elvis-Forum > Off Topic > Musik - TV - Film
Musik - TV - Film Andere Promis, Künstler, Musiker und Bands

Antwort

Themen-Optionen

Alt 27.10.2006, 16:42
Benutzerbild von Johnny B.
Johnny B. Johnny B. ist offline
Posting-Legende

Johnny B. Renommee-Level 60%Johnny B. Renommee-Level 60%Johnny B. Renommee-Level 60%Johnny B. Renommee-Level 60%Johnny B. Renommee-Level 60%Johnny B. Renommee-Level 60%Johnny B. Renommee-Level 60%Johnny B. Renommee-Level 60%Johnny B. Renommee-Level 60%Johnny B. Renommee-Level 60%Johnny B. Renommee-Level 60%
Johnny B. eine Nachricht über ICQ schicken
Gene Vincent

Sehr zu empfehlen ist diese neue Vincent-Bootleg.
Viel Material zum "low-price"
Gene ist ein toller Sänger, gefällt mir sehr gut.

'THAT BE-BOP-A-LULA CAT'
NEW GENE VINCENT ‘RARITIES’ RELEASE ON 35TH ANNIVERSARY OF HIS DEATH

Gene Vincent. The name conjures up one of the most definitive images from the rock ‘n’ roll era: Gene looking upwards as if in a trance, his black gloved hands wrapped firmly around the mike, one knee bent and the Cripled leg stretched. Dressed in black leathers, with a huge chain around his neck, singing ‘Be Bop-A-Lula’ with an otherworldliness that was both intimidating and enthralling at the same time.

To commemorate the 35th anniversary of his passing, Virginia Records is celebrating his legacy with this new release, titled ‘Gene Vincent: That Be-Bop-A-Lula Cat!’, which contains 78+ minutes of rare and unreleasedrecordings from his final years. Near the end, Gene was fighting a losing battle against his personal demons, and no doubt he realized that. One of the few things that remained a constant in those last years was his commitment to his music. In an interview recorded just weeks before his death, he told journalist David Simmons: “Now politically, business-wise, husband-wise, I might be a no-good son-of-a-gun, but there’s one thing I can do – I know my music. Can’t mess me up on it, baby. Try it!”.

Highlights on ‘That Be-Bop-A-Lula Cat!’ include an unreleased rehearsal and concert in Lyon, France (09-28-67) as well as the never-before released songs ‘Sunday Morning Coming Down’ and ‘Corrine, Corrina’ from a June 1971 gig in California. He instills both songs with all the Gene Vincent characteristics, and ‘Sunday Morning Coming Down’ in particular is a moving performance. Much the same can be said about Gene’s version of the Jim Reeves hit ‘Distant Drums’, an unrehearsed performance recorded less than a forthnight before his death.

“I’m a rock ‘n’ roller and I’ll die a rock ‘n’ roller”, Gene told Ronnie Weiser in ’71, and perhaps that credo goes some way in explaining his continuing popularity. Unlike Elvis, he never went Hollywood, and unlike Jerry Lee, he never went country. He stuck to what he loved best – rock ‘n’roll. He was one of the prototypes of the rock ‘n’ roll lifestyle, and was one of the first to pay the ultimate price, an early grave. Gene Vincent was one of the main inspirations behind the punk revolution, with bands like The Sex Pistols clearly being inspired by his fatalistic ‘dying-for-the-art’ attitude and lifestyle.

All 29 tracks on ‘That Be-Bop-A Lula Cat!’ were digitally remastered using the latest state-of-the-art technology, and even those tracks that have been released before now sound significantly better. The 16-page booklet contains a generous amount of unpublished photos and memorabilia, as well as detailed liner notes. Only 500 copies will be pressed, so ‘That Be-Bop-A Lula Cat’ is bound to become a true collectors item.

TRACK DETAILS:

She She Little Sheila
Susie Q

‘Saturday Club’ BBC Radio Show, Playhouse Theatre, London (U.K.), November
25th, 1963:

Bird Doggin’
Say Mama (excerpt)
Long Tall Sally (excerpt)
I’m Going Home
Hi-Lily Hi-Lo

Rehearsal at Salle Rameau, Lyon (France), September 28th, 1967:

Gene Vincent’s message to his U.K. fans
Recorded during the September / October 1967 French tour

Say Mama
Long Tall Sally
I’m Going Home
Hi Lily Hi-Lo
Recorded live at Salle Rameau, Lyon (France), September 28th, 1967

Bi-lingual interview for Radio Suisse Romande, Geneva, Switzerland* Recorded on October 6th, 1967

Rainyday Sunshine
(Looking For The) Green Grass
Mr. Love
Roll Over Beethoven
Demo Recordings, Salem, Oregon, May 14 & 15, 1969

Pistol Packin’ Mama
Be Bop A-Lula
Say Mama
Rocky Road Blues
Dave Lee Travis BBC Radio Show, Maida Vale Studio 4, London (U.K.), November 16th, 1969

Sunshine
I Heard That Lonesome Whistle
Woman Love
San Francisco State College Folk Festival (U.S.A.), September 25th, 1970

The Day The World Turned Blue
‘Top Gear’ BBC Radio Show, Playhouse Theatre, London (U.K.), January 25th, 1971

Baby Blue
‘All Our Yesterplays’ BBC Radio Show, Aeolian Hall 1 – Studio 2, London (U.K.), February 3rd, 1971

Sunday Morning Coming Down
Corrine, Corrina
Recorded live at the Corral Club, Topanga Canyon, Ca. (U.S.A), June 6th, 1971

Distant Drums
Johnny Walker BBC Radio Show, Maida Vale Studio 4, London (U.K.), October 1st, 1971

*The complete interview, including ‘Hi-Lily Hi-Lo’ from the October 6th, 1967 concert at the Salle de la Réformation in Geneva, Switzerland.
Alt Alt 27.10.2006, 16:42
Advertising
Werbung

Diese Werbung wird registrierten
Mitgliedern so nicht angezeigt.
Werde noch heute
im Elvis-Forum
Standard Sponsored Links

Alt 28.10.2006, 00:07
Benutzerbild von michael grasberger
michael grasberger michael grasberger ist offline
Board-Legende

michael grasberger Renommee-Level 100%michael grasberger Renommee-Level 100%michael grasberger Renommee-Level 100%michael grasberger Renommee-Level 100%michael grasberger Renommee-Level 100%michael grasberger Renommee-Level 100%michael grasberger Renommee-Level 100%michael grasberger Renommee-Level 100%michael grasberger Renommee-Level 100%michael grasberger Renommee-Level 100%michael grasberger Renommee-Level 100%
uuaaaaargghhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

das teil muss ich haben!

(wahnsinn! gene vincent singt "sunday morning coming down"! wo ist der sabber-smiley?)

"We know that rock'n'roll was not a human invention, that it was the work of the Holy Ghost."
(Nick Tosches)
Antwort

Stichworte
gene, vincent