Einzelnen Beitrag anzeigen
Alt 14.09.2009, 09:53
Benutzerbild von Gilla
Gilla Gilla ist offline
Board-Legende

Gilla Renommee-Level 100%Gilla Renommee-Level 100%Gilla Renommee-Level 100%Gilla Renommee-Level 100%Gilla Renommee-Level 100%Gilla Renommee-Level 100%Gilla Renommee-Level 100%Gilla Renommee-Level 100%Gilla Renommee-Level 100%Gilla Renommee-Level 100%Gilla Renommee-Level 100%
Zitat:
Zitat von rüdiger Beitrag anzeigen

Hoffentlich ist Rüdiger nicht sauer, wenn ich ihm dazwischen funke.
Niemals bin ich sauer, es darf doch jeder hier schreiben
Dann darf ich sicher auch...

Ich lese gerade das Buch von Jerry Hopkins "Aloha Elvis". Ich suchte einen passenden Thread, um ein paar Sätze über Elvis' Aufenthalt auf Hawaii loszuwerden.
Er liebte diese Inseln, die Menschen und die dortige Lebensart sehr.

Hawaii made an impression on Elvis.
"I will never forget the day the ship pulled out (following the 1957 concert), what a good feeling I had", he said in the only interview he gave - to Uncle Tom - when he was in the army a couple of years later.

"It, ah, when I left Hawaii, everybody was throwing leis in the water, you know? And everybody was singing "Aloha" and all that. It was really a nice feeling and I certainly hope to come back again some day, I really do".

Elvis loved Hawaii, said his longtime friend Tom Moffatt, the disc jockey closest to the Presley-Parker camp over the years" - from the moment he landed here in 1957, through all his concerts, three movies, and many vacation getaways. And Hawaii loved Elvis as much.

"These Islands have always been a godsend for celebrities, because people here respect their privacy.
Once away from the tourist areas, Elvis could relex and go to the beach just like everyone else".

Thus, Hawaii was, in a sense, his second home, even in the minds of island residents.

"Of all the foreign entertainers who made lasting contributions to the islands, Elvis Presley offered one of the most enduring. His love affair with Hawaii, and its romance with him, likely never will be matched".

Jerry Hopkins, from the introduction to Aloha Elvis