Thema: Hebler, Dave
Einzelnen Beitrag anzeigen
Alt 05.02.2008, 12:16
Benutzerbild von Circle G
Circle G Circle G ist offline
Board-Legende

Circle G Renommee-Level 60%Circle G Renommee-Level 60%Circle G Renommee-Level 60%Circle G Renommee-Level 60%Circle G Renommee-Level 60%Circle G Renommee-Level 60%Circle G Renommee-Level 60%Circle G Renommee-Level 60%Circle G Renommee-Level 60%Circle G Renommee-Level 60%Circle G Renommee-Level 60%
Diese Seite kam mir auch schon zwischen die Finger, habe sie aber bewusst nicht eingesetzt, weil mir der Aufbau nicht richtig gefiel.

Ich kopiere jetzt mal das Interview mit DAVE HEBLER hier rein:

Describe your first meeting with Elvis.
- I was working out at a karate school in Santa Monica, California. I just looked up and there was Elvis Presley. He got out on the mat and started working out with us a little bit. I was his dummy (Dave explained that's what they call the guy that just stands there, when working out with a partner).Things went pretty well and we all had a good time. I guess he liked beaten on me, because the next day he called and ask me to work for him. I thought it sounded like a pretty good idea, so I said yes.

Was he a novice when you met him?
- Actually he was an 8th degree when that happen. He had been promoted by Ed Parker.

How long did you work as Elvis' bodyguard?
- From 1972 to 1976.

That had to be an interesting four years.
- Yeah it really was. I don't even know what you could compare it to, quite frankly.

Was he the only one you thought karate in the group, or did you also teach a few of the guys in the Memphis Mafia?
- Yeah, Red, Sonny some of the other guys.

Tell us a little about THE ELVIS EXPERIENCE show that you produced in 1999?
- The show was done in Brooklyn. My daughter and I and I ran it for a week then we got hooked up with sonny, and got him involved. It was a terrifc show.

What was it like working with Doug Church, one of the top Elvis Tribute Artists in the country?
- He's just DOUG off-stage but the minute he walks on stage be becomes ELVIS. Doug is great.

What do you think of tribute artists as a whole?
- I have a lot of sympathy for tribute artists. They have to get out there in front of god and everybody. They're trying to do an impossible job. I don't think it can be done personally, but bless their hearts, they are sincere most of the time, and they are out there trying and you have to give them a hand for that. I don't have a problem with it at all.

What do most of the guys from the good ole Elvis days think of Elvis impersonators?
- Some of the guys, most of them, don't care one way or the other.I do. I like them. The ones I've met, and I've met a lot, were really sincere about trying to put together a show that people will enjoy.